Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Mccanns

Demonic Angel

I thought it might be a really lovely gesture for us all on TOC to maybe forget about ourselves for a little while and show some support and solidarity to the McCann family in Portugal, who as you are all probably aware are awaiting the safe return of their four year old daughter Maddie who was taken from her bed 11 days ago.

This has stemmed from me using the photo of Maddie as my avatar and Pompey Gaz asking if he could also use it - anything to help raise more awareness.

So, anyone who wishes to take some time out to just think of Maddie and her family, regardless of how it happened or why it happened..... change your avatar to the picture below until she is found safe and well, which I hope will be very soon.

av-8115.jpg

I think this story has truly touched the nation and I think it'd be a lovely gesture for as many Toccers as possible to show their support to Kate & Gerry McCann :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• Kev Mc

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

I thought it might be a really lovely gesture for us all on TOC to maybe forget about ourselves for a little while and show some support and solidarity to the McCann family in Portugal, who as you are all probably aware are awaiting the safe return of their four year old daughter Maddie who was taken from her bed 11 days ago.

This has stemmed from me using the photo of Maddie as my avatar and Pompey Gaz asking if he could also use it - anything to help raise more awareness.

So, anyone who wishes to take some time out to just think of Maddie and her family, regardless of how it happened or why it happened..... change your avatar to the picture below until she is found safe and well, which I hope will be very soon.

av-8115.jpg

I think this story has truly touched the nation and I think it'd be a lovely gesture for as many Toccers as possible to show their support to Kate & Gerry McCann :thumbsup:

theres a reward on the news of the world site, maybe we could donate what we can to a central fund and make one gesture as a club to the paper, it sais if its not needed for whatever reason it gets split between a few kids charities, I would be willing to donate a couple of quid, and I'm a student, to the club for the fund

I watcking BBC news 24.. there has been a break through and they are searching a Villa owned by a Britton called Jenny Morat.. no arrests have been made.

Here are a few other pictures without free advertising.

6440_2.jpg

6805_1.jpg

Either or!

Get 'em up! :thumbsup:

is the collection thing a reasonable idea?

if not if you got paypal can collect through one of us and then forawrd it on?

I dont think a proper national collection has been set up yet - they plan to announce it in a few days :thumbsup:

I think a club donation is a great idea but lets wait for the details to be announced first! :thumbsup:

I dont think a proper national collection has been set up yet - they plan to announce it in a few days :thumbsup:

I think a club donation is a great idea but lets wait for the details to be announced first! :thumbsup:

oooh just the news of the world has one set up with people like J.K.Rowling, and a few other celebs donating

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_page...s/news1.shtml#a

Great tradgedy and all that, but a collection? WTF for? As I see it £1m + has been raised so far, what difference does TOC coppering up make? ...

there, I know a few people think it, flame away!!

Guest MrMojo

It is indeed a sad sad Tradegy, i shall keep my opinion to myself cos if i post it...................it'll either get deleted or i'll get flamed off the face of this earth..............

good question Dale.......also what is the Money for???? Ok split between Childrens Charities, fair point n very worth while cause, but the sad fact is that it takes a heartbreaking times like these for folks to wake up and donate...................Sad Sad Sad state of a country we are...

Flame away folks....

Mo.

I donate monthly to the NSPCC anyway - I just feel real genuine sympathy for these people and I think that if people can help, whether its by actually searching for Maddie or helping a fund towards finding her then people should. The Portuguese police will apparently be scaling down the search, so its up to funds to help the family not only stay in Portugal whilst Maddie is missing but to also hire private detectives to help find their daughter.

I know if it were my child I'd appreciate every single thought of hope. The money means nothing in the grand scheme of things, at the end of the day all anyone wants is for that little girl to be back with her family - if donating £5, £10, £50 whatever helps them achieve that, then how bloody marvellous is that! :) :yes:

Guest MrMojo

I know if it were my child I'd appreciate every single thought of hope.

Well here i go, double thick flame suit is on...........

Emski, i totally understand and believe it or not i am very sympathetic to the current situation but.........

n here it is......... I know if it were my child i'd never be so irresponsible, and down right rediculously stupid to leave any of my young children alone. while i 'just popped out' nuff said those are the facts. the parents want stringing up for their behaviour, and any one else notice on countless news clips the total lack of remourse, compation or emotion on the mothers' face.......something does not smell right imho.

Mo.

I agree Moski, they were irresponsible to leave their children, I dont deny that and I dont think they do either.

However that fact is by the by at the moment. I'm sure they'll be asked the questions when Maddie is found and I'm sure that they punish themselves every single day for doing it.

It was a mistake - a bad mistake - surely they've paid for it enough?

I dont agree with the lack of compassion/emotion from Kate McCann though - you can see in her eyes just how distressed she is. To be honest I know I couldnt cope faced with that, but she does.

No flaming involved Moski!

something does not smell right imho.

Mo.

I thought I was the only one thinking this.

i don't get what flaming is, i'm still newish

everyone's entitled to their oppinion and no one is suggesting that they are the best parents, but you must admit if your 3 year old got snatched/walked off whatever then you would be devistated

I only suggested the money as it would help, no ones saying you had to donate or owt, it was just an idea, everyones gunna have different thoughts and feelings and at the end of the day its personal preference if you wanna get involved anyways you can

Good idea about the avatars. I can understand people raising question marks about the situation leading to her abduction, but her parents have made 1 catastrophic mistake that they will regret until their dying day, no matter how the situation ends & no matter how easy the mistake was to avoid, they have my deepest, unreserved sympathy & I hope Maddie is found safe & well soon.

I can't see how a private fund from a car forum would help her though tbh, there's been a massive amount raised already (around £2.5m I believe) so I genuinely don't see what difference a few extra quid would make. If £2.5m doesn't make somebody put the effort in to get a 3 year old baby back home to her family, nothing will.

im thinking a collection for a truckload of 5.56 nato rounds and a working rifle would be a very worthwhile cause for us to collect for.... im sick n fed up of kids getting taken and... well u get the idea... if they catch evil :censor: ards doing this kinda thing then spending prox 2 quid and theyre dealt with .... compared with the 1000's an 1000's it currently takes to unsuccessfully 'treat them' seems intuitively appealing to me.

I hope they find her happy, well and unharmed...

• 3 months later...

I think that is a little gullible and naïve considering no one has been convicted... yet.

This is going to cause some controversy but I need to say it...

Is it only me that thinks that the parents of Madeleine McCann could be involved in her disappearance and possible murder?

I will add my views after the initial onslaught...

Isnt there to be a law suit to suit a Newspaper for libel? Who will be footing the bill for that? The way I see it, the only winners in that will be the lawyers. The whole story is tragic, but I can't see the value in an appeal for money. Just my own personal thoughts. Kingo :thumbsup:

why bring up old threads? lol

It’s called Forum Etiquette. (It’s better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one, OK little Billy?!)

Too soon TVOR, too soon

Too soon? 100% disagree, no one has been charged, the girl is still missing, and it’s a straight forward question.

Do you think (even if there is a slightest doubt) that the parents could be involved?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links