Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Tyre On T180 :-(

sywy

According to the photocopy I got, under the old wheel exchange scheme, if you have more than 6mm of tread left, it's a free replacement.

BTW, I finally got a reply back from Toyota. I still have a few outstanding queries, and will post back here when they are all sorted.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sywy

• anchorman

• Manxrav

• rav4t180

I am told BMW offer tyre insurance for £199, covers 10 puncture repairs or 6 new tyres (if puncture not repairable) over 3 years. £10 surcharge on each new tyre. Not sure if this is BMW or an independant insurance co. I think details are correct but waiting to see copy of policy to confirm.

Reading some of your posts this does not seem to bad a deal. Your thoughts?

I'd be interested in this, if you can find the details.

I fired an email off to Toyota yesterday, detailing my experience, and asking them to explain their course of action. I don't expect to get anything useful back, but would be interested to see what they say. If anyone else wants to do the same, I sent it to customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk.

These 'stiff wall' tyres, would they be stiff enough to support the weight of our cars? As I understand it, and I may be wrong, the run flat bit on our tyres is the 'donut'. Could we get rid of this donut, use a stiff walled tyre (assuming they have the right size), and retain the valves, as this is where the TPMS is located? May end up be a bit expensive though!!

Sliced open a sidewall a while back and it seemed to have no metal. Probably a kevlar side wall job. Certainly soft thin and not very durable against road debris. :angry::angry::angry:

• 1 month later...
Yeah, mine was £200+VAT. :o

Parts-King. I was told that the wheel exchange is only in force at dealers who still have not got the machines, and that there wern't many of them left. I tried 4 different dealers, and 3 of them didn't even know of a wheel exchange scheme!!

Got my car back, yay! :yahoo:

The invoice says that I was charged £124 for the tyre and £90 for a Support Ring (whatever that is)...both excluding VAT. :crybaby:

Funny thing was that the delivery driver said "Wow, a tyre change shouldn't take that long!" :wacko:

Discovered something else too...the clutch on my T180 is as stiff as a board compared with the one on the XTR that I've had the last week!

:eek: :eek: :eek: O my god....just for one trye.....What happens if you happen to get two, miles from anywhere.....I was once looking at our new (now old moved on) house on a building site....got back to car and found two punctures.....RAC came to rescue.... :D

But what a fiasco to get one tyre fixed...surely Toyota dont expect you to fork out this every flat tyre you may have the missfortune to encounter....... :help: :help:

After reading all the posts on this subject, loads in the last few hours, I really do feel p*** off with this senario. It,s about time someone got their finger out at Mr T and came clean about this stitch up of T180 owners. I,m Going to ring my main dealer here on the Island to see what his stance is on the situation!!!

Sorry about that little outburst

Clare :censor:

You said it, what a stitch up. Fellow T180 sufferer...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links