Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Together

anchorman

Your photos are stunning by the way - I think I trawled through all of them. I noticed some made it to wildlife mags - is it a profession or a serious hobby?

Thanks anchorman. It just a hobby really. I'm not aware that any of my photos have been publsihed in magazines. Well except one, a photo of my last car, which appeared on the front cover of the RX8 owners club magazine.

Simon

I may have misred but I think it was in one of the replies to your astonishing Hippo picture (trouble is I looked at so many).

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

me n simon woulda probably come if it was gonna be a bit closer...........brum fer instance, cos then we coulda dropped the kids off at his mums n bimbled over fer a chat, never mind, plenty more meets in the sea :)

Brum? Is that onywhere need Watford??

Pinky. Only another 1 and a half hours from brum and look at the company you and simes could enjoy.

Bothy

Its in a place far far away bothy and you will surely fall off the edge of the world if you travelled that far south. Pinky lives on venus so she has to travel far to get to warrington - good job she has her gold starship but it can only land in brum.

PS how come you speak English to somebody from Cyprus and deepest glasbothwan to us?

Takin yer comments in the reverse order, I ken ye'll tak it the wrang way, but its aw aboot respect. Onywan frae Cyprus deserves respect tae have tae live oan an island separated by twa countries fichting oer a wee bit o grun; an haeing tae spend maist o their life caterin fur English (&Scottish) revellers.

N lastly, I'll hae ye know that a've bin aroon England afore, several times taking in the south o London waur the service stations shut at nicht fur fear o marauders frae Croydon; n have sailed frae Plymouth tae St Malo. The wurst bit wis haeing tae come back! The trip frae Glasgae tae Plymouth wis done in less than a day + I've done day trips frequently tae Bromsgrove fur charity meetings so a ken that the real world stops at Carlyle!

Ah unnerstan that Brum is no Bromsgrove but probably that dump waurs there used tae be a bull ring wi nae bulls. Noo, a've also been tae Derby and tae Matlock whit has eloquent romantic street names like 'Gritstane Road'. An indicator, wun imagines o whit is aroon.

Or whit aboot meetin in Newark - a place impossible tae get tae quickly frae onywhere?? Cuid also try Oxford - the home of the largest car park in Europe - cannae remember the name - A followed by numers ?

Or even Chipping Norton?

Great idea and would love to join you; only thing is that anywhere in England is quite a distance (6hrs+) but perhaps I can cunningly arrange a business trip to the south at that time. Maybe a scenic setting like a country park would be nice, as opposed to a car park in a concrete jungle?

but perhaps I can cunningly arrange a business trip to the south at that time

A cunning plan Baldrick.........I like it

What a beautiful part of the world you live in NMaria, I have spent many happy weeks in Ullapool (Ross-Shire) Fantastic :D: I'm not even sure Bothy could understand the Ross-Shire accent!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for those detractors and disbelievers, my Uncle still maintains the family home up in Stoer. Look it up on multimap if ye dinna ken whaur that is....

So you haven't quite caught me out just yet.

As for nice views etc in England, that just leaves us with the Lake District, which will be hoaching on a bank holiday weekend.

Central to Plymouth and Ross-shire??? Hhhmmmmmmmmmm

I've worked it out that halfway would be Tebay Truckers stop on the M6. A great plateful of chicken curry and loads of space for the children to play on the M6. Sights o hills and low flying jets tae satisfy all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Okey Dokey

After much toing and froing I have only managed to get one sensible response from a hotel (which fuj' kindly identified).

This is the Fir Grove at Warrington;

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Best-W...fo/Default.aspx

They have offered us a special block booking rate of £27.50 per person for bed and full breakfast or £45.50 per person including the evening meal. This rate is for a double room and there is a £15 surcharge for single occupancy.

The date is Saturday 3rd of May.

As they cannot indefinitely hold rooms would you please confirm your intention to attend the meet. I suggest that we make our own reservations to simplify matters. We need 10 bookings for this rate.

I'm in.............Me and anchorwoman will come and I think we will go for the B&B & evening meal.

Next?

I'm in too, I'll even bring Mrs Duncyduncs!

How do I get the reduced rate? Do need to produce my right nipple and do a funny handshake? :lol:

I'm in too, I'll even bring Mrs Duncyduncs!

How do I get the reduced rate? Do need to produce my right nipple and do a funny handshake? :lol:

Are ye tring tae say ah need tae get hawd of a sash or sumpthin??

The rates were given by central booking but for now just tell them the rate and TOC and I'll see if I can get a booking reference off them.

Cheers

Anybody wishing to book can now do so by quoting this booking reference;

TOY03058

We have until the week beforehand to decide if we are eating there and taking advantage of the special dinner B&B rate of £45.50 per person.

However, we do not have that much time to reserve a room so please make your bookings ASAP - 01925 267471.

Cheers

Anybody wishing to book can now do so by quoting this booking reference;

TOY03058

We have until the week beforehand to decide if we are eating there and taking advantage of the special dinner B&B rate of £45.50 per person.

However, we do not have that much time to reserve a room so please make your bookings ASAP - 01925 267471.

Cheers

:( :( I may not be able to attend :crybaby: :crybaby: May have some work to do in Romania.....Not know all final details until late Monday...Company I do some work with (Based in Vancouver) need my skills to install their software as no one else can do it (quite flattered really) also train them up and a new engineer as well........All expenses paid trip :D :D.

So what with off to Brussels end of this month, Possible Washington DC in April, and Romania in May....will be a busy period and not even looked at where to go on holiday this year yet (wifey wants to go back to Portugal again....so may be there in August...) Just hope my new passport comes though next week otherwise I will not be going anywhere....

If I can negotiate the date's above for Romania...then I will try and come along....Gutted it's fallen onto this date as well......

Possible Washington DC in April,

:D: When I first read that line I thought it said Warrington DC, pmsl :D:

Okey Dokey

After much toing and froing I have only managed to get one sensible response from a hotel (which fuj' kindly identified).

This is the Fir Grove at Warrington;

Glad to be of help :)

Possible Washington DC in April,

:D: When I first read that line I thought it said Warrington DC, pmsl :D:

:g: Warrington DC..........aarr yes Warrington Diesel City! :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

Uuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Isn't it warrington thats been in the news this week???

Is it safe to visit there?? Seems to be the Warrington Delinquent Centre from what we've heard up here.

Do I need to come down in a Humber Pig??? :blowup::bangin::bash::2guns::donatello:

GLASGOW’S YOUTH JUSTICE SERVICES Annual Report 2006/2007

Crime Statistics

During the year 2006/2007 there were 6,501 referrals to the Children’s Reporter on offence grounds in respect of 2,918 children (approximately 2.2 offence referrals per child). Referrals from Glasgow made up 18% of all referrals nationwide. A Persistent Offender is defined by the Scottish Executive as someone who has five or more offending episodes within a six-month period. There were 282 Persistent Offenders in 1 GRO Scotland mid-year statistics 2006.

Glasgow during 2006/2007, who had a total of 2,219 offence referrals between them (approximately 8.6 offence referrals per persistent offender). Thus it can be seen that just 10% of young people involved in offending make up more than one-third of all offence referrals to the Children’s Reporter.

Data from Strathclyde Police for Glasgow City refers to detected crimes by offenders aged under 16. Thus these figures are likely to be an under-representation of true levels of youth crime across the city.

The figures below also cannot be compared to previous crime figures in earlier Annual Reports due to slightly different methods of counting and are not official Strathclyde Police crime figures for the period.

Attempted Murder/Serious Assault/Robbery 108

Crimes of indecency 29

Housebreaking/Theft/Fraud/Other Dishonest 963

Fireraising/Vandalism/Malicious Mischief 876

Possession of offensive weapon/Knife carrying/Drugs offences/Other 1,269

Total Crime 3,245

Petty Assault/ Breach of the peace /Other 3,237

Driving offences 278

Total Offences 3,515

Total Crimes and Offences 6,760

Crime by Offender

The 6,760 crimes and offences by under 16s in Glasgow during 2006/2007 were committed by 2,817 young people, or an average of 2.4 per young offender.

However the statistics show that it is a minority of young people who are disproportionately responsible for youth crime.

GLASGOW’S YOUTH JUSTICE SERVICES Annual Report 2006/2007

Crime Statistics

During the year 2006/2007 there were 6,501 referrals to the Children’s Reporter on offence grounds in respect of 2,918 children (approximately 2.2 offence referrals per child). Referrals from Glasgow made up 18% of all referrals nationwide. A Persistent Offender is defined by the Scottish Executive as someone who has five or more offending episodes within a six-month period. There were 282 Persistent Offenders in 1 GRO Scotland mid-year statistics 2006.

Glasgow during 2006/2007, who had a total of 2,219 offence referrals between them (approximately 8.6 offence referrals per persistent offender). Thus it can be seen that just 10% of young people involved in offending make up more than one-third of all offence referrals to the Children’s Reporter.

Data from Strathclyde Police for Glasgow City refers to detected crimes by offenders aged under 16. Thus these figures are likely to be an under-representation of true levels of youth crime across the city.

The figures below also cannot be compared to previous crime figures in earlier Annual Reports due to slightly different methods of counting and are not official Strathclyde Police crime figures for the period.

Attempted Murder/Serious Assault/Robbery 108

Crimes of indecency 29

Housebreaking/Theft/Fraud/Other Dishonest 963

Fireraising/Vandalism/Malicious Mischief 876

Possession of offensive weapon/Knife carrying/Drugs offences/Other 1,269

Total Crime 3,245

Petty Assault/ Breach of the peace /Other 3,237

Driving offences 278

Total Offences 3,515

Total Crimes and Offences 6,760

Crime by Offender

The 6,760 crimes and offences by under 16s in Glasgow during 2006/2007 were committed by 2,817 young people, or an average of 2.4 per young offender.

However the statistics show that it is a minority of young people who are disproportionately responsible for youth crime.

Brilliant. I can use that for my next bid for lottery money to provide facilities for kids in deprived areas. you've saved me/a volunteer a lot of effort!!!

As a favour, I have provided you with similar evidence for you to use...

Crime Statistics - Warrington

Below are the latest crime statistics for the Warrington area. Warrington CDRP covers the NPUs of Warrington Central, Warrington East (Risley), Warrington South (Stockton Heath) and Warrington West (Sankey).

Warrington Crime Statistics

WARRINGTON RECORDED CRIME SANCTION DETECTIONS % SANCTION DETECTED

April-March 2005/2006 April-March 2006/2007 Numerical increase/ decrease % increase/ decrease April-March 2005/2006 April-March 2006/2007 Numerical increase/ decrease % increase/ decrease April-March 2005/2006 April-March 2006/2007

TOTAL CRIME 19909 18966 -943 -5% 5364 5096 -268 -5% 27% 27%

BURGLARY DWELLING 1019 878 -141 -14% 240 154 -86 -36% 24% 18%

BURGLARY OTHER 1186 1114 -72 -6% 133 84 -49 -37% 11% 8%

THEFT FROM VEHICLE 1612 1690 78 5% 106 217 111 105% 7% 13%

THEFT OF VEHICLE 786 616 -170 -22% 205 118 -87 -42% 26% 19%

VIOLENT OFFENCES 3896 3696 -200 -5% 2012 1945 -67 -3% 52% 53%

OTHER OFFENCES 259 260 1 0% 205 193 -12 -6% 79% 74%

Shame the format isn't great, but for such a wee place, I think I could help you get a lottery grant of a larger size!

Thanks for your figures :thumbsup:

From the look of it crime was down in 5 of the 7 sections listed. :yahoo: Always good to know :thumbsup:

Thanks for your figures :thumbsup:

From the look of it crime was down in 5 of the 7 sections listed. :yahoo: Always good to know :thumbsup:

Apart from theft from vehicles, so I'll need to strip out the radio and steering lock, leaving absolutely nowt else that can be lifted. Do they nick car carpets down there, cos I could fit some lino.....

Having been to the hotel for a friends wedding 2 years ago, I can reassure you all that your cars will be safe! :P

It was a very good choice Fuji :thumbsup:

I visited Runcorn last year. A woeful place with many of the shops boarded up. I did not experience any vandalism or theft problems from my car.

I am sure that Warrington is just such a nice place too, despite the industrial overtones of the place.

Nevertheless, the late and great George Formby came from Warrington. He died in 1961 - 47 years ago - I can barely remember the ceremony which had been held in a Roman Catholic Church in Liverpool. I never did quite understand why he didn't use a Catholic Church in Warrington, but perhaps at that time there were none?

Having been to the hotel for a friends wedding 2 years ago, I can reassure you all that your cars will be safe! :P

It was a very good choice Fuji :thumbsup:

That's very good to know, thank you :toast::thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bring this to the top as we have some new members :thumbsup:

Everyone is welcome, no matter what Rav you drive! :lol:

Just thought I'd bring this to the top as we have some new members :thumbsup:

Everyone is welcome, no matter what Rav you drive! :lol:

Oh good... then I can bring my blue RAV lookalike?? On a trailer!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder - we are getting ever closer.

ALL WELCOME and we have a special rate at the hotel for those that would like a drink and a natter 'til the twilight hours.

We want to see lots of RAVs but other marques will be allowed!

Just a reminder - we are getting ever closer.

ALL WELCOME and we have a special rate at the hotel for those that would like a drink and a natter 'til the twilight hours.

We want to see lots of RAVs but other marques will be allowed!

Anchorman.......

How about putting the hotel details back on the last page (can't be ar****d to find it again...)

Also not in Romania now so may be able to make it....only if Bothy buys the first round of drinks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links