Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Music Club

Fujisan

my wife and i would love to know the piece of music if anyone saw this programme + knows the piece, i would be very grateful..

Stew, I'm reasonably certain it was from Peer Gynt. Greig was Norwegian, so an appropriate choice. I *think* the bit you mean was "Solveig's Song", but I could be wrong - and those with more knowledge may be able to confirm or correct this. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• Uncle Bob

• shcm

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife and i would love to know the piece of music if anyone saw this programme + knows the piece, i would be very grateful..

Stew, I'm reasonably certain it was from Peer Gynt. Greig was Norwegian, so an appropriate choice. I *think* the bit you mean was "Solveig's Song", but I could be wrong - and those with more knowledge may be able to confirm or correct this. :thumbsup:

schm

I think you are spot on. Stew, try itunes and you will probably be able to preview enough of it to confirm. :walkman:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Thanks SHCM ive managed to find the piece on youtube so maybe someone might recognise it, this video doesn't do the programme justice but here it is..., sorry i dont know how to copy the actual video like Dave + Fuji Cheers

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qq8msV768

Now then Fuji +Dave m..As you are on classical music and seem to be able to track anything down, by any chance did you or anyone else catch a programme on bbc, in which Joanna Lumley went in search of the Northern Lights, in arctic Norway, When she finally tracked them down there was a stunning film of the lights themselves + a haunting piece of music to accompany them, and my wife and i would love to know the piece of music if anyone saw this programme + knows the piece, i would be very grateful..

A little search seems to say that its Greig's Peer Gynt Suites, which makes sense, I think he was from that area.

Can't promise that's right. Sorry I haven't got time at the moment to compare the youtube footage of the programme with independantly sourced sample of Greig's Peer Gynt Suites.

:thumbsup:

Thanks SHCM ive managed to find the piece on youtube so maybe someone might recognise it, this video doesn't do the programme justice but here it is..., sorry i dont know how to copy the actual video like Dave + Fuji

Stew

It's easy when you know how (like most things!) Try here :thumbsup:

Thanks SHCM ive managed to find the piece on youtube so maybe someone might recognise it, this video doesn't do the programme justice but here it is..., sorry i dont know how to copy the actual video like Dave + Fuji

Stew

It's easy when you know how (like most things!) Try here :thumbsup:

WELL I KNEW YOU GUYS WERE ALL CLEVER ON RAVS BUT THAT WAS FANTASTIC, IT IS INDEED SOLVEIGS SONG, AND YOU HAVE DONE IN TWO MINUTES WHAT IT HAS TAKEN ME A WEEK TO TRY AND FIND, I FEEL VERY HUMBLED AND YOU HAVE LITERALLY REDUCED MY WIFE TO TEARS, NOW IF IT WERE POSSIBLE I'D LOVE TO TAKE HER TO SEE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS BUT FEAR THAT MAY NOT PROVE TO BE AS EASY, THANKS ONCE AGAIN :thumbsup:

Type "Northern Lights Tours" into Google and you get pages of companies doing them.

The hard part is affording them! :crybaby:

Have to admit, it's something I'd like to see as well one day. :thumbsup:

Richard Wright 65 RIP. :crybaby: :(

Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky

Well that's settled then. Next RAV meet is mid winter in Tromso! :lol:

If you are interested in Auroras, this is a site I take a look at:

http://spaceweather.com/

It usually has a few photos etc.

Auroras and sun spots affect radio propagation (part of another very geeky :nerd: hobby of mine).

For the really geeky :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: there's this:

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/pmap/index.html

which gives false colour plots of recent/estimated Aurora activity from data collected by satellite.

Type "Northern Lights Tours" into Google and you get pages of companies doing them.

sorry i know its off topic and stuff but its my dream to go to alaska or greenland to see the northern lights or stay in the ice hotel! it would be just so amazing...

untitled-1.jpg

sorry i know its off topic and stuff but its my dream to go to alaska or greenland to see the northern lights or stay in the ice hotel! it would be just so amazing...

:offtopic: Totally agree with you, they look absolutely amazing and I reckon they'd put things into perspective

untitled-1.jpg

WOW Thats a stunning photo Molly brilliant

schm

I think you are spot on. Stew, try itunes and you will probably be able to preview enough of it to confirm. :walkman:

if this works should put music section back on topic if not apolgies from me

Hi Local Hero!

I just picked up on the norhtern lights and Edvard Grieg discussion.

Edvard Grieg is Norwegian, but not from the area where the northern lights are visible. He was from Bergen (where I live now), and the norhtern lights are only visible north of the polar circle. My home town is Andenes, where the lights would be visible many winter night when the sky was clear. There is even a research center on a mountain there, using a green laser to study the phenomenon (along with other atmospherical things)

Seeing the Northern lights still fascinates me today. It's magical.

Hi Local Hero!

I just picked up on the norhtern lights and Edvard Grieg discussion.

Edvard Grieg is Norwegian, but not from the area where the northern lights are visible. He was from Bergen (where I live now), and the norhtern lights are only visible north of the polar circle. My home town is Andenes, where the lights would be visible many winter night when the sky was clear. There is even a research center on a mountain there, using a green laser to study the phenomenon (along with other atmospherical things)

Seeing the Northern lights still fascinates me today. It's magical.

Thank You for that St Thicket, Norway looks really stunning, and i have met a lot of norwegian football supporters who come over to old trafford they are such friendly people+ always seem to be happy,(even when they are sober) only joking! I have met Ole Skolsjaer on a few occasions and he is an absolute gentleman, I think he is from Bergen too.. :thumbsup:

I APOLOGISE ONCE AGAIN FOR DRAGGING THE music SECTION OFF TOPIC, I TRIED TO GET IT BACK ON TRACK BUT FAILED MISERABLY :crybaby:

I APOLOGISE ONCE AGAIN FOR DRAGGING THE MUSIC SECTION OFF TOPIC, I TRIED TO GET IT BACK ON TRACK BUT FAILED MISERABLY :crybaby:

:g: A bit of detective work. Stew, were you trying to post "Spirit in the Sky"? I think you were close, but they don't all work, so I don't think the "failure" is down to you. If I'm wrong then apologies from me too. :D. Pah, off topic? we do far worse :D.

J.S. Bach - Toccata und Fuge BWV 565

Always liked that one Fuj, try this jazzier version :thumbsup:

Sky, Toccata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Another brilliant instrumental, if you watched Das Boot (U96) a few years back you'll recognise it :thumbsup:

First is a version for Clare.

and for the rest, the origonal.

Ok time for another theme I think. get the kleenex out, this one is OUR TUNE :crybaby: so I'll kick it off.

The year was 1984, me and the mrs had just started going out, I was dj'ing at the time and played this a lot.

She decided this one was our tune :wub::blushing:

Nino De Angelo, Guardian Angel.

Always liked that one Fuj, try this jazzier version :thumbsup:

Sky, Toccata.

Yeah, that's also a good version.......got it around here on CD, somewhere?

Another brilliant instrumental, if you watched Das Boot (U96) a few years back you'll recognise it :thumbsup:

Das Boot! :toast::yahoo:

Now that was a great TV series! :thumbsup:

Ok time for another theme I think. get the kleenex out, this one is OUR TUNE :crybaby: so I'll kick it off.

OUR TUNE, :unsure:

Not sure if we have one song that we can say is Our Tune! :unsure:

I'm sure if I ask the wife, she'll say something completely different and name a song, I can't even remember

......so I won't ask :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Not sure if we have one song that we can say is Our Tune! :unsure:

I'm sure if I ask the wife, she'll say something completely different and name a song, I can't even remember

......so I won't ask :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Yes Indeed :rolleyes:

Seemingly at random, I am told some song on the TV is "our tune" :o - half of them I don't think I have never even heard before :huh:

I'll ask the wife in a bit for an "our tune" song, but in the meantime here is a song that brings back 'our tune' memories ...

Went on a caribbean cruise on honeymoon and as the ship left the various ports each evening, the band played this tune (harry belafonte wasn't on board :D )

I don't know about "Our Tune" but I can guarantee most breakfast times this will be playing. :rolleyes:

I lasted nearly 30 seconds before I hit ther stop button :thumbsup:

Spare a thought for those who have to listen (and sing-a-long) to it every day! :crybaby:

Another favourite is:

The Spitting Image version :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links