Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sqeaky Brakes

garyg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sugizo_esp

• Grippen

• phild612

• Parts-King

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this?

Ye same here I reported this in the last service and they ordered new break pads for the back according to them the problem is in the back and I also think the sound comes from there. Go to your deals explain the situation if they never heard of it tell them to change the break pads. I will be doing the same on mine on next monday when the parts arrive.

This is why I didn't report my first service operation. Waiting for monday to see if they solve this bug.

i also have the problem.

But toyota couldnt change the pads for me.

I've had the rear pads replaced already under warranty and it still hasn't resolved the issue so they still squeel badly :(

When she gets her next service ill be asking them to check it out again as its very annoying at low speeds in reverse and is worse when the pads are cold as well IMO.

i also have the problem.

But toyota couldnt change the pads for me.

I've had the rear pads replaced already under warranty and it still hasn't resolved the issue so they still squeel badly :(

When she gets her next service ill be asking them to check it out again as its very annoying at low speeds in reverse and is worse when the pads are cold as well IMO.

Do you still get squeal after the car has been warmed up?

I got an explanation that its normal for the pads to squeal if they contains metal compound.

Did they change to different branded pads?

The Rear Pads and Discs on my Corolla were recently changed and they squeal sometimes when I'm driving at low speeds. I've been told that the more I use the brakes the rears will wear in and this will cure the squealing.

The Rear Pads and Discs on my Corolla were recently changed and they squeal sometimes when I'm driving at low speeds. I've been told that the more I use the brakes the rears will wear in and this will cure the squealing.

Had squeaky brakes on new Auris, mentioned this to the Service Manager at our local Toyota dealer. Who promptly booked in my car for new brake pads. B) :thumbsup:

thought this was just me and it was slowly reducing, think it may be a factory fitting thing....I have a 5 door Derby model, has anyone found this on the 3 door Turkey jobbie

PS... is this just and MMT problem ??

i have manual and i get sqeaky brakes sometimes..but this also happend to my sisters 03 yaris, it went away slowly but it came back slowly aswell...im not that botherd with it so i wont be getting new brake pads, but unless the squeely pads are damaging my brakes then someone please let me know

guys, check your brake disc surface for visible scratch. the squeal does a little scratch, unharmful ones, just on the surface but anthign too deep, theres a problem then.

Anyone managed to change the pads and got rid of the problem?

My Auris is a 3 door one (I guess made in Turkey) I was suppose to go and change the pads yesterday but I got sick during the weekend so I couldn't come to work yesterday much less take the car to the Toyota service next to work. They called me and I booked it for the next monday. I will let you guys know the result.

We have the same problem with our 3 week old TR 2.0 , will have to get in touch with the dealers now I know this is a common problem.

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this?

Had my Auris 1.6TR since mid September and also have a problem with squealing brakes. My problem seems to be from the front brakes after they have warmed up. I have taken it back to the dealer and they have ordered new modified brake pads but apparently they are on back order with Toyota. Seems to be a known problem. Still waiting on dealer to get back to me when they arrive in stock.

Had my Auris 1.6TR since mid September and also have a problem with squealing brakes. My problem seems to be from the front brakes after they have warmed up. I have taken it back to the dealer and they have ordered new modified brake pads but apparently they are on back order with Toyota. Seems to be a known problem. Still waiting on dealer to get back to me when they arrive in stock.

umm, pretty strange, the sqeaul actually goes away on mine after the pads are warmed up.

I've always had squealing brakes. Dealer has changed almost every single thing and the problem is still there. Lately the noise is even there in tight corners or when driving slowly with heavy load. They told me a definate fix will be available from december 4th to all Dutch dealers. I do hope so...

This is a known problem and there is a fix. My Auris had a real bad squeak at the very end of braking lightly, always comes when you are nearly stationary. There are new shims available, they were fitted to mine and it's fine now.

Kingo :thumbsup:

EDIT The shims are replaced with the pads on UK built cars, Jap built are not affected in the same way. Check with your local dealer to see if your car is affected as they will need to check your chassis number

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this

Booked my Car in to slove probem. Took a while for parts to come in. My local Toyoto called on Wednesday put car in next day and they gave me a car for the day.

Problem seems to have gone.

So my first after sales contact with Toyoto is impressive hope it continues

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this

Booked my Car in to slove probem. Took a while for parts to come in. My local Toyoto called on Wednesday put car in next day and they gave me a car for the day.

Problem seems to have gone.

So my first after sales contact with Toyoto is impressive hope it continues

Im sure it will continue garyg, i had a headlamp replaced on my 03 Avensis when it was 4 years old (yes 1 year out of warrenty) at my local dealer listers Coventry (a £300+ job) a month before i swapped it in for the Auris..one mayor factor in going for the Auris instead of the better rated cars .... (ITS A BLOOMIN TOYOTA !!)

I had same problem with my T Spirit D4D, had a noticeable low pitch squeak when reversing. Took car back to Toyota dealers and they fitted modified rear calipers and new pads under warranty. Sorted! No more squeaks.

Hi

We have had our Auris TR for 1 month now and it has been back to the dealer 4 times. It now has 500 miles on the clock and I've only done about 100 of these. I have had the modified brakes fitted but it still noisy. No squeeks but does still have a scrapping sound. We have now been told that this is just a common noise. We are waiting to see the dealer principle on Monday as we have had enough now. When you buy a new car you want it to be right !! :angry:

The bad news is that despite having the brakes fixed the problem still exsists, so it will be another trip to the main dealer..watch this space

I think its a common Toyota problem. My MR2, My Prius and now my Auris have all had squeaky breaks. The discs rust as well btw.

umm, pretty strange, the sqeaul actually goes away on mine after the pads are warmed up.

Car went back into dealer today for new brake pads and the problem is fixed!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links