Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sqeaky Brakes

garyg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sugizo_esp

• Grippen

• phild612

• Parts-King

I left my Auris last Friday during the morning at the service shop to fix the brakes problem. Well one less problem to go I must say. I've been driving it since Friday and no noise so far. I think they fixed it correctly. They even brought me the car to work by the end of the morning.

Next mission "Rattle noises" eheheh :D

I have 2.0 D4D.

I have a squeal/squeak on the near side rear. It can mainly be heard when the car is moving slowly in traffic and sometimes in a slow turn. I took the car to Mr T and he said they couldnt find anything wrong and that they didnt have any other reports of this type logged in the Toyota database.

Will re-address this issue with Mr T tomorrow armed with info from this forum.

Thank You

;)

• 2 weeks later...

squeals are getting worst then ever. I can hear it when i reverse park and loud as hell.

Guys, are the pads you changed are just new set of pads? Same brand or different brand?

squeals are getting worst then ever. I can hear it when i reverse park and loud as hell.

Guys, are the pads you changed are just new set of pads? Same brand or different brand?

I wish I could help you out man but I have no idea. All I know is that they didn't have the required parts I had to wait 2 weeks for the complete set of parts to arrive. Portuguese are known for doing tricky things even without the proper material but still manage to do it. In other words I don't know if they waited for the parts from Toyota Europe, somehow moded other parts or placed non-Toyota parts. All I care is that it worked and car breaks as good as before.

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this?

I have just had both my front and rear offside breaks fixed as they were squeaky.

The garage told me it is a design fault with the Auris. The brakes did not allow brake dust to clear so a new system was installed. This is apparently well known by all garages and should be done under warranty

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this?

I have just had both my front and rear offside breaks fixed as they were squeaky.

The garage told me it is a design fault with the Auris. The brakes did not allow brake dust to clear so a new system was installed. This is apparently well known by all garages and should be done under warranty

Thanks for the info. Need to check if Australia Toyota has access to those replacement parts.

Thanks for the info. Need to check if Australia Toyota has access to those replacement parts.

We are all sufferers - take it to the dealer and ask for replacemnent!

This is my !Removed! response from Toyota.

Called in to my local service centre. They say there still isnt any fix to this. I told them UK Toyota has a fix to this and they say Aust doesnt have any bulletin out about it. Ask if they could check up with aust toyota. They said call them yourself. Ask about the number. The guy says you should have it and hangs up.

WTF??!!!

Called in to my local service centre. They say there still isnt any fix to this. I told them UK Toyota has a fix to this and they say Aust doesnt have any bulletin out about it. Ask if they could check up with aust toyota. They said call them yourself. Ask about the number. The guy says you should have it and hangs up.

WTF??!!!

Contacted my dealer (in Ireland) - He was fully aware of the problem and had the parts in stock. Taking the car in next week.

No worries...!!

WTF??!!!

Customer care in Australia obviously severly lacking and not what we are used to here.

I'd be onto some HiHeed ones smartly.

WTF??!!!

I hope you got that guy's details so you can inform Aust Toyota of him and your ordeal with that Franchise you are dealing with. I would be very angry if that happened to me and would definitely write a letter of complaint.

I also had same problems wih my brakes which took me a total of 3 visits to garage to sort.

This is ****** me off

call my dealer, they send me to toyota aus.

call toyota aus they send me to the dealer.

They simply say they cant fix it. And UK Toyota operates differently.

In short. people in Aus will have to live with a design fault because they are screwed somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

I also have the squeal at the end of light braking too.

However i'm quite happy with the semi-metallic brake pads. If i'm correct; they should last longer and could enhance braking too.

ok there are offical temp fixs and possible permant fixs to be done by uk toyota dealers the probable reason for the reason to be no fix in aus is the problem was only ment to be with european built vehicles and the fix was to change to jap spec built vehicle rear pads and change front carriers to jap spec ones where in aus you only get jap vehicles so problem should not be occuring.

ok there are offical temp fixs and possible permant fixs to be done by uk toyota dealers the probable reason for the reason to be no fix in aus is the problem was only ment to be with european built vehicles and the fix was to change to jap spec built vehicle rear pads and change front carriers to jap spec ones where in aus you only get jap vehicles so problem should not be occuring.

I know theres a few people from the dealer has have the squealling problem as well as a few TOCA members. Althought they are built in different places. I believe the parts, hardware comes from the same places. Correct me if i m wrong.

Hi all,

I noticed a month or so ago that my brakes had started making a groaning sound when reversing, i booked it into Toyota and they knew instantly what i was talking about as it appears from reading on here that it is a common problem.

It seems some people have had theirs correctly rectified however mine has come back from Toyota and the problem is much WORSE!! It has gone from a quiet groan to a VERY LOUD groan. According to Toyota when i picked it up they fitted and i quote "sticky shims" to the brakes which is a remedy for this problem apparently, butit has just made mine worse.

Anyone on here had the problem and had it successfully rectified? if so what did they do to rectify it?

Cheers Guys

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my new 1.6 TR on 18th January. 350 miles and still very squeaky brakes at low speed.

Looks like a trip back to the dealers.

Have all dealers been notified of this problem? I'll be taking mine to the dealership at Patchway in Bristol.

ive been back to the dealer 3 times now....is there anything we can do apart from taking back when they know they dont have a solution to this?

ive been back to the dealer 3 times now....is there anything we can do apart from taking back when they know they dont have a solution to this?

Watchdog??????

I have 2.0 D4D.

I have a squeal/squeak on the near side rear. It can mainly be heard when the car is moving slowly in traffic and sometimes in a slow turn. I took the car to Mr T and he said they couldnt find anything wrong and that they didnt have any other reports of this type logged in the Toyota database.

Will re-address this issue with Mr T tomorrow armed with info from this forum.

Thank You

;)

I took my car back to Mr T 2 days after posting this. I also printed off all that has been duscussed on the forum. When I approached the garage and said it was a known problem read these, the garage changed my Break pads there and then and touch wood I havent heard a single single squeal since then. :)

Yepp...we too have the squeaky brakes on our auris (and the same goes for the auris we rented before making our decision to buy one).

I told our dealer that this was a known problem when we went to pick up the car but he said it would dissappear if we pressed the brakes hard. Sure, when breaking heavily, they dont squeak but how reasonable is it to slam on the brakes at every stop light in order to not make the brand new car squeak!

So after a few days we took the car back to the dealer and told them to fix the problem. And here's my first dissapointment with Toyota. If Toyota knew of this problem, why didn't the dealer fix this from the start, before I picked up the car!? Now I had to book a time and drive all the way back to him to get it fixed. This should have been done before the car was handed over to me!

Secondly, I found out that all the dealer did was put a thicke paste/grease on the brakes. Sure, the squeaky noise went away, but he said I would have to come in about every service intervall and put more on. This seemed to me that he was just fixing the problem temporarily and so I called other dealers. Their solution was to switch the brake pads entirely!

So, I'm a bit upset that Toyota hasn't gone out with an international statement of how to fix the squeaky brakes since different dealers seem to be solving it differently.

So far we have had the following problems with our Auris:

1. condensation on the front headlights

2. squeaky brakes (now temp. fixed...)

3. rear seat windows are easily steaming up

I also think that Toyota should've planned the following things much better:

1. the rear roof lights for the backseat passengers is placed too much in the front of the car so that the light disperses too much into the frontseat, disturbing the driver and not really concentrating the light to the backseat passenger (this is much better in our avensis)

2. the mode switch for the fuel/temp/etc. display is in a very bad position and should be placed somewhere on the center panel instead to prevent accidents where drivers are putting their hands inside the steering wheel!

3. the armrest is way too low and is impossible to rest one arm on! Needs to be much higher placed.

4. the volume controller on the center panel is way to little and I find myself too often accidently turning off the radio when I'm rather trying to change the volume...

5. the speeedometer is very tightly spaced and its difficult to see how fast I'm driving. With all the new radar cmeras here in Sweden its very important to know exactly how fast one is driving. More spacing of the bars near the speeds 50/70/90 would have been better.

There is a known fault with front brake squeal and rear brakes groaning. Take it to your Toyota dealer and ask tham to carry out the front pad replacement mod as the pads currently on your veh have weak pad springs and the rear caliper slide brackets have a modified type now available. This is a current "Field Fix" mod. Hope this helps.

Tell them to fix it ref field fix on TOTTs - they will know what that means.

Tell them to fix it ref field fix on TOTTs - they will know what that means.

What does ' TOTTS 'mean? Just in case the dealer thinks I'm trying to a cocky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links