Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sqeaky Brakes

garyg

Hi

Auris TR

When reversing into mt drive I also had a squeak from my rear brakes also.... :angry:

I thought this was maybe just dust or because my driveway was on a slope. :unsure:

After reading the comments on this "saga" I spoke to My Dealer " Arnold Clark"

in Stirling who took a quick look at the brakes and are now going to replace the

rear discs and pads on the warranty. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps....

I think telling them of the issue being mentioned on this site Helped.

I will let you all know how i get on after they get fitted next week..

Stuart :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sugizo_esp

• Grippen

• phild612

• Parts-King

Had my Auris 1.6MMT since June, Am getting a terriable squeak when reverseing anybody else have this?

There is a known fault with front brake squeal and rear brakes groaning. Take it to your Toyota dealer and ask tham to carry out the front pad replacement mod as the pads currently on your veh have weak pad springs and the rear caliper slide brackets have a modified type now available. This is a current "Field Fix" mod. Hope this helps.

I have had this fix on both my front and rear brakes - they still sqeal like a high pitched pig when braking from low speeds.

I have been told to come back in a month or two when they may have another answer!

RUBBISH!

Come on Toyota - Sort it out and pass the findings onto the garages!

Just to say my daughter went to order her new un-reg Auris Luna today and we took the same car she is buying for a test drive. We tested for ‘Squeaky Brakes' but could not find any squeaks. We drove and braked it hard and slow forward and also hard and slow in reverse. We got no squeaks at all. We then ordered it. Is it possible that the squeaks will come after some time? Thanks for all your help so far. Will let you know how we get on.

Just to say my daughter went to order her new un-reg Auris Luna today and we took the same car she is buying for a test drive. We tested for ‘Squeaky Brakes' but could not find any squeaks. We drove and braked it hard and slow forward and also hard and slow in reverse. We got no squeaks at all. We then ordered it. Is it possible that the squeaks will come after some time? Thanks for all your help so far. Will let you know how we get on.

My brakes only squeak at very low speed........but the squeaking is very load. It doesn't affect the cars braking, it's just really annoying!

Also check the washer jets. They are not adjustable, and many cars have the spray hitting below the Wiper Blades ( see thread on this site ).

My car is going into the garage on Monday to have the brakes and washers looked at.

the squeals doesnt come in new.. it kicks in after few hundred miles.

TOTTS is Toyota's online technical site, an intranet only available to dealers.

My Auris is now fixed! No more squeaky brakes

Get them to your dealers, you should now be able to get a fix

Kingo :thumbsup:

John, is the 'dash rattle' problem on the site?

The idea of TOTTS is to have a place where all relevant information is at hand, both in terms of what dealers find wrong with cars, and what the manufacturers have done for fixes. Dealers can search product reports to find out what other people are having problems with and how it was sorted. It is not just a site where problems are listed, there is a massive amount of information there, all the workshop manuals are now online, so no need for a library full of oily books!

Visited my Dealer today. They knew about the brake problem but not the washers.

Can't get the washer jets until a week Thursday. The brake fix will involve new pads, calipers / shims etc, but they can't give a date for when these parts will be in.........why?

If this is a known problem, why isn't there a recall, or, do the fix before they release the car to the customer?

Visited my Dealer today. They knew about the brake problem but not the washers.

Can't get the washer jets until a week Thursday. The brake fix will involve new pads, calipers / shims etc, but they can't give a date for when these parts will be in.........why?

If this is a known problem, why isn't there a recall, or, do the fix before they release the car to the customer?

I have to agree with this its almost 1 year since the car was released and either these should be fixed in the assembly lines already for new cars (which in fact can be done because we can be getting cars from last year it is hard to know when was in fact the card produced) but above all, recalls should have been done or in option doing these fixes during service visits. These issue and the rattles dashboard is something too common and should involve recalls. I still have my Auris if in Portuguese saying to refuel it with Gasoline instead of Diesel LOL they said they would recall the cars to change it but I guess they didn't do it yet no problem for me because I use it in English in fact I only tried it out for curiosity only.

John, is the 'dash rattle' problem on the site?

This could and should be on that site... anyone here can access that site?

i've had my auris 1 week now and the brakes started squealing like mad. :(

only when i'm at low speeds and just about to stop, i sounded like a !Removed! bus!!!!! :censor:

i called the dealer and the service dude said it was dust/grit in the brakes. it was booked in to have them cleaned yesterday, and took them about an hour.

it seems to have solved the problem, :thumbsup: if it happens again i will be kicking off tho lol.. :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links