Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird Wiper

Jimlad

Guess ur rite m8.

That would be the most sensible thing.

And i'm defo have the black top done. I dont mind having to drive my car hard to get power out of it :)

Cheers bud,

-Z

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• ZeroBlade

• Bibbs

• JappyBeast

for some reason I can't get more than 15PSI out of my car at the mo... dunno if that's the Turbo maxing out ( have heard rev1 turbos get no more after 15psi ), or if it's the chip. Will be speaking to the place that has done all the work on it the next time I'm along. See what they suggest I do next.

It'll be the chip .. where have you set the 15psi?

?? .. dunno what you mean. I didn't set it.. the bloke who fitted it must have. Like I said, I will speak to him about it.. also about getting more ooomph from the car.

U don't wanna go overboard w. the inital boost. Like you said earlier the rev1's couldnt handle a higher boost w. stock parts.

C what the guys who chipped ur car say, but i'd suggest gettin a G-Valve setup like Bibbs'. Minus the water cooling, doubt u'd need that yet. Then again it'l help to building on that "ooomph" ur after once u get bored ;)

For the benefit of Jappy Beast...

Fensport sell a kit :

Consists of Stage 1 + Mongoose Exhaust System to improve midrange torque and reduce Turbo lag. Further gains can be had by removing the Cat. This has +45bhp.

That's now 270bhp. I also have the Performance downpipe and air filter... so it will be somewhere between 270 and 280bhp.. so my estimate isn't that far off. :D

but i'd suggest gettin a G-Valve setup like Bibbs'. Minus the water cooling, doubt u'd need that yet.

what's the most I could get from my rev1 Turbo ?

explain a little.

If I did ever get a bigger turbo I would need Larger fuel injectors and forged pistons.. and uprated actuator. That all ?

Fensport sell a kit :

Consists of Stage 1 + Mongoose Exhaust System to improve midrange torque and reduce Turbo lag. Further gains can be had by removing the Cat. This has +45bhp.

The kit better contain a boost valve for 4 psi otherwise that is compleate BS ..

true... probably does.. or maybe they explain this when you order ??

Bibbs... mind explaining your setup a little ?

What ya wanna know ?

For the basics I have a H&S exhaust and Apexi filter. A de-cat and lightened flywheel and uprated clutch.

I have an FCD and G-Valve set to about 1 bar boost. And a WI kit to wire up in the next week. This is taking the stock turbo/IC to about as far as it can go.

After this I'm going for a new hybrid turbo and if I can fint one, a charge cooler GT4 like.

anything over 17psi is taking the p*ss .. the charge is too hot and the performance drops off.

It's why 14psi should only be used on stock cooling. If you go the WI or chargecooler, better IC route.

All this is on a Gen2 3SGTE .. the Gen3's as a default are about 3psi higher ..

The rev3 engine had "stronger" parts accompanying it, + more air flow in stock (i think this was due to clipping which resulted in it being a little laggier) but main thing was a different turbo, the CT26 turbo instead of ur CT20b.

Can't find a link on the differences, but i quick google search should bring em up.

Oh yeah. Just noticed Fensport do the Toyota Wiper Blades for £8.95 each, sweet :)

The rev3 engine had "stronger" parts accompanying it, + more air flow in stock (i think this was due to clipping which resulted in it being a little laggier) but main thing was a different turbo, the CT26 turbo instead of ur CT20b

Hells yea this is why I was enquiring on an earlier post about where to set my psi. I think G-valving it to16psi should do. In regards to the 45bhp gain thru xhaust+decat only its gotta be bull. Like Bibbs says the xhaust and de-cat mods are not really 'adding' power but are unleashing it. No way is there that much restriction in stock form. But on a side note, decatting the 3rd gen 3sgte(which has a even more restrictive cat) is known to give greater gains that the 2nd gen(up to 18bhp on 3rd gen). This is what was reported to me by AVA Turbos rr centre.

And they also confirmed that induction kits are a waste of money especially on an mr2 tubby which has enough problems with gettin air in the back. Im considering ordering a new stock airbox from toyota(£152) and installing a performance filter inside it instead. AVA build track cars and NON run with induction kits(in fact throughout motorsport you will never see an open cone induction kit). The only way around this is to get a kit with direct cold air intake piping moulded around the side vent straight with proper heat shielding like the 'Hurricane' kits for the lotus elises.

And jimlad..the rev3+ gives greater rewards power wise over the rev1/2s if equal mods were performed on them. So in that respect jimlad if you want bigger tuning potential get the rev3+ cos we all know youve robbed a bank and can easily afford one :D

The rev3 engine had "stronger" parts accompanying it, + more air flow in stock (i think this was due to clipping which resulted in it being a little laggier) but main thing was a different turbo, the CT26 turbo instead of ur CT20b

Hells yea this is why I was enquiring on an earlier post about where to set my psi. I think G-valving it to16psi should do. In regards to the 45bhp gain thru xhaust+decat only its gotta be bull. Like Bibbs says the xhaust and de-cat mods are not really 'adding' power but are unleashing it. No way is there that much restriction in stock form.

it's because the added power comes from the increased boost pressure once these mods are on. My car was overboosting after this was done. Hence the boost limit had to be upped.

also......... with the amount of £££ I've spent on this car I might as well just keep it as apposed to getting a rev3.

also......... with the amount of £££ I've spent on this car I might as well just keep it as apposed to getting a rev3.

Good move mate, you'll never get the money back if you sell!

Good move mate, you'll never get the money back if you sell!

When you're done w. everything else (bein u jimlad, i doubt thats gonna happen...) get a rev3 lump put it :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to ur finished car m8, gonna be awsome!

-Z

Of course not. Once u've get the power mods sorted u'll spend the rest of your life finding the "perfect" suspsension settings.

Then again u may try and build a twin turbo-supercharged-nitrous powered beast!

Image that combination, supercharging to keep the turbo spooled up, then turbo's kick in, finally a bit of gas...SWEET! :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links