Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jae 2008

kimi

indeed it is especially in a convoy and also its one weekend a year for it i mean surely its worth it

People with high performanced jap cars probaly do crap mpg but they still come and probaly boot it and have fun on the way to jae

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acstreet

• GIDDLEPIN

• kimi

• Demonic Angel

its an extra £50 for a weekend away, thats nothing when you have all these months to plan and save! part of the fun is driving there anyway :unsure:

Oh yeah i love sitting in traffic, queing to go over a tidal causeway and wasting expensive fuel! End of the day 50 quid, plus expensive overprices rubbish food because i wouldnt like to east 3 day old sandwiches that have been in a cool box in the summer sun (plus keeping my beer cool)

Have you looked at the roads there, wont exactly be a fun driv going through those villages slow in a massive que

Don't know how it's only an hour from Peterborough to Mersea Island - Google maps show 2 hours 12 minutes :unsure:

Well i've never liked Peterborough for JAE. I would have preffered it to have moved back to Billing myself...but there you go...

Doesnt matter where JAE is to me, even if it was Scotland i'd be up for it. This will be my 6th JAE in a row i think. A long drive isnt a problem for me.

Well its gonna be a shame if there isnt the kinda turnout that JAE usually gets but then again the show will go on! Should still be good :)

where do you live because when i search it its about an extra hour, plus i have drove from peterborough through colchester many times before and has take me only an hour

i live in isle of wight to get to Mersea Island would be 4 hours and 6 mins think of my exspenses i think its worth it

Well its gonna be a shame if there isnt the kinda turnout that JAE usually gets but then again the show will go on! Should still be good :)

Too right the show will go on. I'm sure there are people out there that will go now that it's nearer to them. I'm sure they'll have a great time too !

indeed they will and i cant wait dunno what stand ill be on though, looks liek we are not having one

TOC might still have a stand.. just need to see who can still make it and take it from there.

Well nearly everyone has bailed out and people will make over plans, i have 3 cars i could bring haha 2 mr2s and a celica, and maybe a starlet glanza, gone abit toyota mad in our family

To be honest, i really enjoyed last years and was looking forward to it again.

Location, fuel, food etc do all add up but it is one weekend full of all things "Jap" :D

At the minute i'm a maybe, mainly due to the fact that the contract i'm working on at the mo finishes around that time so it all depends on funds.

Should i go i'm happy to help out organising a TOC stand though :thumbsup:

Even though its gonna be a long long trip. and i feel alienated i probably would still go. The site looks like a mini holiday! and with all the activies etc that he posted up it could be loads of fun.

I understand some people just cant come (cfc) but think too many people are too focused on the traveling and not the actual weekend! Its gonna be so much fun! :D (well not at this rate. but come on people. your in a OWNERS club, drive your cars!!!)

Just read the first page! Lol an island in Essex...sounds fun, but the driving in the sea wins it over for me, lol gunna give this a miss. Lol will read the second and third page in a min but what are the alternatives?

Alternatives??

You go or you don't go!!

:lol:

well there was a talk of camping trip! lol

It's gunna be like 4/6 hours from mine, and i can't guarentee the time off with being a contractor :D lol nah i dunno see how funds are closer to the time. Petrol and the island thing seem the main issues! from here to london is 225 miles roughly but essex too looking at about £80 in petrol, plus the site fee's then food, not just for me but Jess lol ok petrol will be halved and that but i'd like to see if any other trips are planned then make up my mind

I think the TOC camping trip was going to be around the normal JAE dates in July.

i still dont mind going, its 3 days yes further to go but sounds good. can understand those oop north as it would mean nearly a days travelling but 4 hrs, you can spend more than that on a plane!

i still dont mind going, its 3 days yes further to go but sounds good. can understand those oop north as it would mean nearly a days travelling but 4 hrs, you can spend more than that on a plane!

I would prefer to spend 4 hrs on a plane...... drinking duty free and not having to drive :P :lol:

Is this the Bank Holiday Weekend??.. the roads will be a nightmare! If it is the Bank Holiday weekend I think I'm in Scotland with the family.

If we do the camping thing in July I'm well up for it...

If I'm not in Scotland at the end of August, I'll be up for JAE 2008... I dont think I can bring myself to miss a JAE!!!

Bit upset it isnt in the middle of England tho.

Jappy

its not the bank holiday its the weekend after the bank holiday.

Hmm i might go shouldnt be too far from Southend then but if i wake up & looks depressing & looks like its gonna rain out there then im staying in bed!lol only thing is dont want is repeat of last yr the bad stuff & of course due to location how many arent going to go this time? if it be much less cars than last yr then it wont be too good really!! but well see cos i like to meet some toyota owners since i not had the car long & meet up again with some friends from the club323f forum from when i owned a mazda. jst wonder how much consideration & planning for them to decide this location!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links