Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Roof Rack

Tony L

Has anyone put a Roof Rack on their Prius? If so, how well did it work/fit?

PLUS: anyone else disappointed.outraged that the satnav does not use full postcode recognition and that the door mirrors are not heated? This is 2008 after all!!!

Toyota have been slow off the mark with Postcode Sat Nav, it has only just been introduced on new/facelift models over the last couple of years. I expect that the new 2009 model will be all singing and dancing

The Roof Rack is £211.56 retail, I can do you one, delivered to any UK address for £191.57 DELIVERED

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have the Toyota Roof Rack. It's absolutely fine and I have no complaints other than the rather inefficient locking mechanism. They supply you with a key which is supposed to be used to unlock the covers. However, the covers are black plastic and can be prised off without any difficulty.

I have the Toyota roof rack. It's absolutely fine and I have no complaints other than the rather inefficient locking mechanism. They supply you with a key which is supposed to be used to unlock the covers. However, the covers are black plastic and can be prised off without any difficulty.

Thanks for this: does the rack just sit on the roof or is there some natty way of avoiding this? PLUS: when you say the Toyota rack, is it from a Toyota dealer or (eg) Halfords? How much did it cost? All the best

I bought a roof rack/bars from Toyota in Dublin for my second generation Prius and it only cost me about €130 ( about £85-90). Before you buy it in other store just give Toyota a call. You might be surprised.

I haven't ever used any other kind of Roof Rack so excuse the ignorance. The Toyota device consists of a pair of bars each with a clasp at opposite ends. The clasps are screw clamped on to the frame mid-way along the window. The clamping is done by a hex-wrench which may or may not be specific to the Toyota device so it may be possible for someone else to take it off once the security measures (ahem!) are removed. As said, I don't know how this compares with Thule etc.

The bars are elliptical in cross section and whistle like hell if you don't put the provided rubber slats in the grooves running longitudinally along the bars.

Once fitted it's as solid as hell; just not convinced about the security.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links