Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blob Watch....

Boss Hogg

500 miles has to be the Holy Grail. Good Luck, hope you have your RAC cover to hand!!

This tank is on 300 with 3 left, so should be similar to last time. Biggest difference this time round is that I have allowed myself to put the stereo on!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boss Hogg

• PaulGP

• zakelwe

• SJandMR2

We've had a day out in the Aygo today to give it a decent run as it spends most of it's time in urban traffic doing about 15 miles a day.

Filled up before we left - 34 litres to first click and I stopped at this point. Went from Leeds to just beyond Kirkby Lonsdale - 60 miles. 100 miles was reached on the return journey on the outskirts of Skipton, no blobs out. We were back home after covering 120.5 miles and the first blob is yet to go out.

Does this survey reflect Petrol or Diesel versions as there are varied results which suggest some peeps are reporting on the Diesel version.

Petrol Aygo Blue

Mileage 1,400 miles

Blob No. (miles continuous)

1. 110 miles

2. 190 miles

3. 270 miles

4. 320 miles

5. 398 miles

6. When flashing I've filled up

How many miles do people drive on the last blob before filling up, that could be an interesting thread a bit like Russian roulette no prize if you run out before you fill it up. :blink:

Approx MPG = 55 to 57

Journey 32 miles per day (work and back) 12 mile B Roads, 4 mile town roads

It's interesting how much difference using the aircon makes to the performance of the Aygo, it's like a turbo button in reverse, when I plan to overtake I'm tempted to depress the aircon button for that little extra !Removed! the engine give you for not running the compressor unit.

No I don't have a twin turbo or supercharger but I wish it had them :drool: .

I do mainly urban driving, and on the last tank filling have used my air con a fair bit, but I always turn it off to go up hill! :rolleyes:

Since having my car from new I have filled up 3 times so far and my MPG is improving all the time. My first fill returned 47.48 MPG, the second gave 58.02 MPG and my last one returned 60.50 MPG.

I only use my car for commuting to work and all my journeys are the same so the MPG must be improving because the engine is bedding in.

I measure my MPG by dividing actual miles recorded on the trip meter by litres of fuel required to fill up to the third kick-back on the fuel nozzle so I get a consistant reading.

BTW, Does any one know how many miles it takes to properly run an engine in? I don't somehow believe Toyota's 600 mile recommendation! :unsure:

BTW, Does any one know how many miles it takes to properly run an engine in? I don't somehow believe Toyota's 600 mile recommendation! :unsure:

I wold have said that the 600 miles is quite conservative TBH they are warranting the engine for a long time and the Aygo engine is tiny so they want you to look after it.

Aygos that have been ragged about for 40,000 miles will definitely be on borrowed time, whereas Aygos that have done 40,000 miles of sensible driving will more than likely return another 40,000 miles.

*S*

My MPG tends to be between 46-48, but best is 51.5 so far. Considering that my average speed is usally less than 20 mph, I think this is pretty good.

Regarding running in, I have found that if given regular good revs (1500-4000) the engine loosens very nicely. My two cars gradully got sweeter as they got towards 10,000 miles and then levelled off.

I think that if you look after your engine, through all of you miles, then it makes a big difference to the smoothness and well being. I do think that every few hundred miles, a blast up to the red line keeps everything good.

Ian.

Filled Hugo up this morning to the absolute brim- 35.49 litres ( :o ) for £42.91 ( :( )

He was absolutely brimmed last time and the counter showed 418.2 miles which I calculate as being 53mpg.

Anything over 50's fantastic so I'm well pleased- I'm deffo sticking with V-Power in future, the extra cost is offset by the extra miles I get.

Filled Hugo up this morning to the absolute brim- 35.49 litres ( :o ) for £42.91 ( :( )

He was absolutely brimmed last time and the counter showed 418.2 miles which I calculate as being 53mpg.

Anything over 50's fantastic so I'm well pleased- I'm deffo sticking with V-Power in future, the extra cost is offset by the extra miles I get.

This sort of tallies in with the ecu upgrade that also gives better fuel economy even when it should not. What is happening here, I think, is that the more explosive petrol or powerful ecu is stopping too many down changes due to the overgearing on 4th and 5th and so helping normal driving fuel economy.

I think this shows that what Toyota obtained in ideal circumstances for 61mpg is way beyond what normal drivers are getting.

Amusing to think people are having to buy expensive fuel to give the car the fuel economy in standard driving.....

Regards

Andy

Amusing to think people are having to buy expensive fuel to give the car the fuel economy in standard driving.....

Regards

Andy

I'm not. I put bog standard BP petrol in and my last tankfull gave me 60.5 MPG. That's not quite up to brochure, but I consider it satisfactory fuel consumption. :thumbsup:

im not sure how to work out mpg? but i get a full tank (from empty) for £31 and normally get around 400ish miles to it...

am pleased though :)

im not sure how to work out mpg?

Fill up, note odometer or reset tripmeter.

Fill up again, note odometer again or read tripmeter and note how much petrol.

Subtract the first odometer-reading form the last to get your distance (or use

the number from the tripmeter), then divide that number by the amount of petrol.

If you use miles for distance and gallons for fuel you get MPG, if you use kilometers

and liters instead (like most of Europe) you get km/l. If you've got km/l and divide

100 by that you get l/100km, which is the number you can find in most brochures nowadays.

With MPG and km/l higher numbers are better, for l/100km lower numbers are best.

im not sure how to work out mpg?

Fill tank to brim. Note mileage (or reset trip)

Next time you fill up, fill up to brim again. get the miles travelled since previous fill up (trip miles) Divide this by the litres taken to fill up and multiply this by 4.54 to give you your MPG.

eg. miles travelled since fill up 364

Litres taken to fill 30

(so 364/30=12.133) which is miles per litre, then times by 4.54 gives you it in MPG (12.33*4.54) =55.08MPG

As long as you always fill to the top, you can work out your MPG at any point.

ETA. Beaten to it by Jan. Curse my sausage fingers and slooooow brain.:)

im not sure how to work out mpg? but i get a full tank (from empty) for £31 and normally get around 400ish miles to it...

am pleased though :)

You must be in the mid to high 50's then! MPG of course! ;)

Maths isnt my specialty so ill just shrug and think its very good... thanks for explaining though :thumbsup:

Yay ! Finally done it.

405 miles....

Filled up.....

30.5 litres.....

60.3 mpg

Mostly done on motorways in Belgium, 65-75 mph

If you want economy motoring, move to a flat country with free moving traffic.

Ian.

Yay ! Finally done it.

405 miles....

Filled up.....

30.5 litres.....

60.3 mpg

Mostly done on motorways in Belgium, 65-75 mph

If you want economy motoring, move to a flat country with free moving traffic.

Ian.

Don't short change yourself, I make that 60.447761 MPG! :thumbsup::lol:

60.3 mpg

WOW

And I was so happy I achieved 54mpg... :wacko:

Save all you struggles with maths and just use the calculator in the link below, all you need is the number of litres you last last filled up with, cost per litre and many miles you travelled before next filling up.

fuel calculator

i get about 70ish miles to each 'blob' ... :(

My first one is usually 100ish and then rapidly drops ... i've just dropped to the second bar , on 259ish miles i think ... seeing how long i can drain it before i either get scared or run out of petrol hahaha

I didn't check when blob three went but I have now filled and the stats are saying 53 mpg. Considering most of the mileage was done on country roads with four occupants I am happy with that. I have a long motorway drive with just me in the vehicle coming up. I look forward to the stats on that one.

60.3 mpg

WOW

And I was so happy I achieved 54mpg... :wacko:

Blob watch has turned into Blob wars ;)

With mine the time for that first blob to go seems like ages, and after that everything seems to drop so much quicker..sure its just pyschological but it's scary lol

I have just filled up (£47.00 Ouch) but my average is 66.9 mpg, I also got my first road tax request £ 35.00

I love this car :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links