Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4 Sr180

ash7jar

Hi all don't superpose anyone out there has any information on the new rav4 SR180 its being brought out in July and the T180 is being dropped

Hi all don't superpose anyone out there has any information on the new rav4 SR180 its being brought out in July and the T180 is being dropped

Richt - ah want tae be there! Whit height is it being dropped frae? An where??

Surely Kingo should hae telt us aboot this - ower maybe Fujisan cos he knows the news afore it happens normally....all crying still after what happened to Lewis yesterday?

Richt - ah want tae be there! Whit height is it being dropped frae? An where??

Surely Kingo should hae telt us aboot this - ower maybe Fujisan cos he knows the news afore it happens normally....all crying still after what happened to Lewis yesterday?

Or laughing!! :lol::lol:

Maybe Dad and Lad should go on any advanced driving course together, after their week of destroying very expensive cars! :lol::lol:

Edit:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

I can neither confirm or deny ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I can neither confirm or deny ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing it at the London Motor Show! :lol:

If Toyota really want to sell more T180's, forget about tweeks and tucks and a name change to SR180.....just drop the price by £3000 to nearer £24,500.

That way it will be more competitive with the equally speedy VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 170 Sport which is only £23,400 :eek:

I'm sure even T180 owners would agree that it's over priced and that the XT5 D4D is only priced where it is (at £25,855) to make the price gap between the T180 and the rest of the range seem more acceptable.

The only way Toyota will grap sales from BMW and Audi is if they bring out a small Lexus 4x4, a little brother to the Lexus RX if you like. People might pay extra for a Lexus Badge that would not consider paying that much for a Toyota, no matter how great the car is.

I like the T180 a lot (silly run-flats and all) :yahoo: but to my mind it just costs too much!

That way it will be more competitive with the equally speedy VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 170 Sport which is only £23,400 :eek:

You've made a school boy error Fuji! :lol:

The Tiguan has no where near the same level of standard equipment, so if you add met paint (£365) leather seats (£1450) climate control (£425) cruise control (£205) multi-function steering wheel (£210) and sat-nav with rear view camera (£1805) you get a total price of £27,830 ;)

The T180 with met paint (and all the above as standard) is £27,780 B)

All the German brands are the same, you've got to spend 4k (on top of the price of the car) to spec the car up to a decent level :rolleyes:

You've made a school boy error Fuji! :lol:

The Tiguan has no where near the same level of standard equipment, so if you add met paint (£365) leather seats (£1450) climate control (£425) cruise control (£205) multi-function steering wheel (£210) and sat-nav with rear view camera (£1805) you get a total price of £27,830 ;)

The T180 with met paint (and all the above as standard) is £27,780 B)

All the German brands are the same, you've got to spend 4k (on top of the price of the car) to spec the car up to a decent level :rolleyes:

Ah the games afoot dear Watson!

But I can read a map :lol::lol: , so knocking £1805 off the bill, my total with options comes to £26,025. A tidy saving of £1,755 :yahoo:

In all seriousness you are right, German cars are poorly specc'd compared to Japanese cars. I think the point I was making (poorly) was to Fred Blogs, fresh off the street, who doesn't know his big end from his DMF :lol: , the VW will catch his eye first with it's lower price.

Now with a little hard bargining and searching on line people should be able to knock a grand, maybe two off the T180's list price .............but wouldn't the T180 have greater showroom appeal if it's list price was just a little more palatable in the first place? :unsure:

Ah, but there's one thing that the Tiguan has got that the T180 hasn't, and that's a spare under the boot floor.

Totally agree with you Fuj. I do believe the T180 is a tad too expensive. I can't remember how much i got got knocked off, I think it was about £2k, but even then it was still alot of money for a Toyota ...

I paid 24k from dealership with 12 months duty, mats, superguard and met paint. Maybe because sr is due.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links