Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stolen Keys

merrywidow

Hi folks, some bugger stole keys for my 1997 Rav4, fortunately I still have another key and the immobiliser control. The problem is how do I now secure my car as someone has a key? Aproached the local T dealer and he quoted me some £400 odd plus the dreaded for a new lock set, plus another £200 plus for labour. Have scouted around the local breakers, not a lot of Ravs there! I am not shy to undertake the work myself if I could get the locks at a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Hi folks, some bugger stole keys for my 1997 Rav4, fortunately I still have another key and the immobiliser control. The problem is how do I now secure my car as someone has a key? Aproached the local T dealer and he quoted me some £400 odd plus the dreaded for a new lock set, plus another £200 plus for labour. Have scouted around the local breakers, not a lot of Ravs there! I am not shy to undertake the work myself if I could get the locks at a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Sadly you will be unable to secure your car untill you change the locks :(

Some houshold insurances cover the cost of replacing locks if keys are lost or stolen...................it maybe worth checking yours :thumbsup:

Do not fear...Think help may be at hand for you...

See THIS THREAD the other day on here, may be of use to you....

If they have the key but not the immobiliser bit, then key lock barrels can be changed without going near a dealer - most lock barrels conform to a standard, so you just need a good ironmonger for supply, or a locksmith.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links