Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your In Car Mobile Phone Recommendation

JonFB

Need to replace my aging mobile and want to get one which will work with the Toyota installed handsfree kit. Base unit is already installed and I believe there are numerous adaptors I can get from the dealer for many specific makes and models. I also believe some people have had problems with some phones.

So my question is: If you have a toyota hands free kit and your phone works perfectly - can you tell me the make and model?

Hoping you can help.

Jon

I am having trouble getting a Samsung phone to work with my Prius bluetooth. I am told by the dealer and other folk the Sony Erikson and Nokia latest models of phone will be OK. I have to get my phone compatible shortly and these are the models I will go for. My sons Sony Erikson works fine in his Prius and it also worked with his hands free kit in his now sold Avensis.

Hope this helps Jon.

...Hope this helps Jon.

Thanks Chris, yes, I'm hoping to sort the phone tomorrow, so your post is most timely! Thank you again. Jon

I rang O2 today and explained I needed a phone with bluetooth 1.1 or higher and hands profile 1.0 or higher as recommended by my Toyota dealer.

O2 recommended the Sony Erikson W910I, they said this phone has a high spec bluetooth and should be fine for use with the Prius. It is in the post to me now.

I hope it does all they said it would.

Received the new phone and I am well pleased with it. It took me some time to set it up ang get all the voice recognition working with the Prius bluetooth, but all it operates well now. I could not get it to do an auto transfer of my phone book from the mobile to the Prius bluetooth. I entered the details in manually in the end.

We now know the Sony Erikson W910I works well on the Prius.

Hope this helps others.

Chris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links