Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Altezza/Lexus Is200 DRIFT Car.

Monster-Mat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster-Mat

• knightrider

• Karma Supra

• Fidgits

ordered the manderel pipe bends and a T25 turbo flange to be cut, but today the manifold to head flange arrived...ordered 2 one as a spare for the future :yes:

had to get these made up myself.......

manifold_flange.sized.jpg

so, today i made it out the house,, having been house bound for 3 weeks with this dam broken ankle

decided that i couldnt stay in any longer and had to get on with what i needed to get done on the drifty car.

so today i removed the old aluminium boot floor, and bulkhead and chucked them....

bulkhead_removal_2.sized.jpg

i removed the sound deadening/dynamat....black ***** from hell :excl: ...with the gas torch :lol:

bulkhead_removed_and_boot_floor.sized.jpg

The new fuel cell, requires to be mounted into a metal box......ive made a new peice for the boot floor, which incorporates a box

replacement_boot_floor_1.sized.jpg

replacement_boot_floor_fuel_cell_box.sized.jpg

....and heres a test fit before welding the new floor panel in.....also test fitted the fuel cell fits :)

dry_test_with_fuel_cell.sized.jpg

Round the front, i welded up any openings in the bulkhead that will not be used....like master cylinder mount hole, clutch cylinder mount, and cable openings

welded_front_bulkhead.sized.jpg

tommorow should finish of the welding....and make the hold down straps for the fuel cell.....and will hopefully remove the sound deadening from the inside of the car :yawn:

Why are you putting the petrol tank so far back? Do you need more weight on the rear wheels?

Paul.

because the fuel cell has to be in a sealed compartment ......the boot area will be that sealed compartment, as there is no other place to put it

considering the weight of the factory fuel tank empty was about 25kilo, this fuel cell full will be around 30kilo

cheers peeps...............and there still yet along way to go.....need to do much more purchasing on the engine side of things, and get the car prepped for painting, just as an intrim

and last not least start selling my ***** for sponsers

so today i finished the boot floor and welded in the rear bulkhead

Boot floor Complete

boot_weld_1.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Rear Complete

boot_weld_3.sized.jpg

Bulkhead from Front

boot_weld_4.sized.jpg

From the rear....Still plenty of ground clearence, infact the box is higher than the original wheel well

bootweld_2.sized.jpg

and a little something for the custom inlet manifold....Cobra Mustang 4.6 litre throttle body

Cobra_Mustang_4_6_OEM_Throttle_Body.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

some more bits, exhaust back box, 3 inch inlet 4 inch outlet

back_box.sized.jpg

Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator

fuel_regulator.sized.jpg

HKS Turbo heatshield

turbo_heatshield.sized.jpg

First batch of Fuel bits and bobs, 5 meters of fuel hose and unions, this is the start of the bits for the fuel cell

fuel_unions_and_hose.sized.jpg

still waiting to arrive, the Throttle body, Fuel pump and bits to make up manifold

then the rest of the unions and hose for the fuel system

the main fuel Pump.

Aeromotive 700hp Tsunami Pump, possibly the best Affordable street/strip pump available, used in alco drag cars in the US

med_gallery_1290_100_745074.jpg

and my next arrival.....well lets put it this way, i wasnt expecting it to be quite as big as it was/is :o

The Cobra Mustang 4.6 litre Throttle body, x2 60mm butterfly plates (combined 120mm), so this should be a pretty good flowing throttle body :shifty:

med_gallery_1290_100_540061.jpg

med_gallery_1290_100_46779.jpg

lets put it this way, those pictures are almost to scale give or take a few mm:ohmy:

the pump in the Uk costs £300+ i go it new from the US incl postage.....£110

the throttle body cost me only...incl postage.........£52

Today went on a little bit of a road trip up to Bicester

went to drop something off...and whilst there thought id roll the arches a little

so armed with a Hammer, an Arch roller and a heat gun...work began

lip3.jpg

a little bit of heat action to make the metal more pliable...im not fussed with the paint :shifty:

lip4.jpg

Right Arch......before

lip2.jpg

Right arch after

lip5.jpg

and some other images

lip7.jpg

lip1.jpg

lip6.jpg

now i should be able to get at least 10"or even 11" rears on without any rubbage :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

well im nearly there with the fuel components....Just waiting on a few unions and the -8 fuel hose.

ive started the build of the fuel system.

built up the fuel cell completely now, with installed fuel level sender unit

fuelcellnewtopplate.jpg

and i mounted all the major components on an Aluminum tray, so it can be removed as a whole unit...

fuelcompfitted1.jpg

and an overall shot....

fuelcompfitted.jpg

when the hose turns up i will make up all the fuel lines, fit the primary filters

Removing the windscreen and rear glass tommorow

Glass is OUT.......and not a single broken bit.....

will order the new screen and non-smoked rear window tommorow.

now must remove the roll cage, remove some sound deadening and paint the inside of the car......

well this weekend i was mostly getting dirty and narked off again.....

rollcage removed fully.........what a pain in the ***** that was, i obviously did to much of a good job, getting it in

next up was to remove the 13" thick rubber sound insulation from the rear wheel arches.....what a pain in the *****, the only way to do it in the end, was set fire to it

removingunderseal.jpg

after a few hours, was time for the undercoat

RearLHarchundercoat.jpg

also painted all the boot area......

bootundercoat1.jpg

fitted the fuel pump tray.....

bootundercoatandfuelpumptrayfit.jpg

removed the rear subframe, in preperation for fitting the KAAZ 2 way differential, Boris Factory gear reduction pinion and the El Sport differential mounts, plust some structural work on the subframe

subframeandrearcoilovers.jpg

fabricated the mounts, and mounted the Tilton pedal box......what a pain in the *****

pedalbox2.jpg

pedalbox3.jpg

as a result of the pedal box being further away from the bulkhead.........the seat needed moving backwards, this has some possitive side effects.....however new seat mounts needed making up....

newseatmounts.jpg

matt coming along nicely. these projects seem never ending dont they?

whats happening on the engine front? 3S obviously but are you using the allteza lump or a straight GTE?

good luck with the build hope to see it in motion soon.

arch tool came from eBay....

regards engine , tis an altezza lump turbocharged with toda pistons, rods and cams, Ogura clutch/ultralight flywheel, trust sump, blah blah blah

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links