Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D-4d Common Rail Diesel Tuning Box,

Haylands

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haylands

• Parts-King

• *Rich*

• wastedagen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

I've just fitted mine and had a short run, car pulls betters unsurprisingly!

I will do the same 40-60 as the OP and see what i get :D

MPG went up on the short drive even though i kept flooring it, what that all about! :lol:

I'm looking to do something along these lines with my D4D verso post warranty, but was thinking about Superships. Does the tuning box help with the non-existant acceleration after 65 MPH?

I'm looking to do something along these lines with my D4D verso post warranty, but was thinking about Superships. Does the tuning box help with the non-existant acceleration after 65 MPH?

Hi

I contacted superchips and they don't do one for the Corolla.... they did say it wasn't a popular car.... bit silly really when more Corollas have been sold than ANY other car....

Anyway had it on for nearly 9000 miles and it just seems to get faster.... took it to an old airfield and up to 125mph (then ran out of runway!!) it pulls like a train... and thats sat nav speed it was showing 135mph on the clock.... if I turn the traction off it will spin the front wheels in 1st 2nd and 3rd.... (I'm sounding like a bit of a yob here but 99.9% of the time I just drive it normally) I like how it pulls in any gear at any speed, it means you can be lazy and just not change gear so much.... it also does more mpg than it did, I recon it's paid for itself easily and the car is just so much nicer to drive.....

As an aside it seems the Verso is OK with these boxes, my mates Peugeot is fine as well but another friend with a Mitsubishi has had engine light on all the time and misfires so he gave up and another friend with a big Volvo diesel had similar issues....

Mine is still fine and shows no side effects....

Pete

The box i have has adjustable settings, its still set at the default i am not sure if i dare turn it up!!!

The box i have has adjustable settings, its still set at the default i am not sure if i dare turn it up!!!

Hi

I did adjust mine up as far as it will go and it made another big difference, you keep the red jumper on the same line of pins but move it hard up against the blue jumper, that gives maximum power.... You just have to take the bottom off the box to reach them, make sure you disconnect the box first.

22012009123.jpg

Mine went from standard 5.2secs (40mph to 60mph) to 4.17sces for where the jumpers are in the pic to 3.8secs with it moved, that 1.4secs doesn't sound much but as 60mph it's a lot....

If you don't like it you can always put it back....

Pete

• 3 months later...

I've just bought a T180 that drinks like a thirsty pirate. It's pretty nippy but can be slow getting going in the morning. Do you think one of these might help the mornings and consumption? I get about 29mpg driving it like a girl.

I've just bought a T180 that drinks like a thirsty pirate. It's pretty nippy but can be slow getting going in the morning. Do you think one of these might help the mornings and consumption? I get about 29mpg driving it like a girl.

Get yourself one of our T180 kits, they work without bringing on warning lights etc. It all depends on the drivers driving style, but you should get better MPG because you can use lighter throttle settings

PM me for further details and prices, remember we offer a full 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like the product, you wont find that type of offer on well known auction sites :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Have anyone tested this one?

RaceChip

Yes, had one. Pure garbage. If you want to damage your car then by all means :)

In my case only thing this Racechip gave was limp home mode and crappy performance. Also it is massively overfueling the engine so in a long run your cat or DPF might say bye bye.

Got the Parts-King's T180 box as a replacement and that's been working flawlessly.

I had the car without the box yesterday as it was in periodic maintenance. It's funny how you get used to that extra power, the car was sooooo slow without the box.

RaceChip

In my case only thing this Racechip gave was limp home mode and crappy performance. Also it is massively overfueling the engine so in a long run your cat or DPF might say bye bye.

Got the Parts-King's T180 box as a replacement and that's been working flawlessly.

I had the car without the box yesterday as it was in periodic maintenance. It's funny how you get used to that extra power, the car was sooooo slow without the box.

Thanks for the information! Where can i find information abouts "Parts-Kings T180 box", and will this work with my car? ( Verso D-4D 2.2 2008)

RaceChip

Thanks for the information! Where can i find information abouts "Parts-Kings T180 box", and will this work with my car? ( Verso D-4D 2.2 2008)

Send him private Mail. He's two Posts up. :)

I've just bought a 'tuning box' that claims to have a digital Philips microprocessor.

"The Tuning Box is produced with SMD technology on the basis of excellent quality, offers a specific map and all the boxes are programmed and tested before the shipping. Your car protection is granted by the internal Recovery System, while thanks to the potentiometer you'll be able to choose directly how much power to gain."

Does it sound likely that a digital microprocessor controlled box would be adjustable by turning a screw, or have I been ripped off and it is likely a resistor type?

It kept going into limp home mode at first, but after turning the potentiometer down slightly it now runs better. I dont want to use it if it is likely to ruin the engine components.

I will take it apart and take photos of the inside soon, and do the 40-60 test mentioned earlier.

Oh yes, it also says on the website:

"THE ONLY ONE WITH SPECIFIC MAPPING

Tell us, after your purchase, your car model, cylinders, power and registration year. We will program the box specifically for your car engine. We are the only ones to do that: our competitors only use generic tuning boxes!"

That sounds good, but I'm not sure I believe it's true?

I've just bought a 'tuning box' that claims to have a digital Philips microprocessor.

"The Tuning Box is produced with SMD technology on the basis of excellent quality, offers a specific map and all the boxes are programmed and tested before the shipping. Your car protection is granted by the internal Recovery System, while thanks to the potentiometer you'll be able to choose directly how much power to gain."

Does it sound likely that a digital microprocessor controlled box would be adjustable by turning a screw, or have I been ripped off and it is likely a resistor type?

It kept going into limp home mode at first, but after turning the potentiometer down slightly it now runs better. I dont want to use it if it is likely to ruin the engine components.

I will take it apart and take photos of the inside soon, and do the 40-60 test mentioned earlier.

Tell us, after your purchase, your car model, cylinders, power and registration year. We will program the box specifically for your car engine. We are the only ones to do that: our competitors only use generic tuning boxes!"

Rich

Is this the "italian box" as seen on e.bay? Keep us all informed on progress - if ther is any

Be wary of cheap imitations...........you get what you pay for

PM me if you want any info on our kits

Rich

Is this the "italian box" as seen on e.bay? Keep us all informed on progress - if ther is any

Yeah the Italian Box, I was seduced by the advert haha. ;)

I turned the box down slightly as it says in the instructions and it has ran perfectly for around 150 miles now.

It definitely has more torque available from lower in the rev range, I just have to lightly touch the pedal when driving round town.

After an 80 mile motorway journey my trip computer said I had averaged 71mpg, now I dont expect that to be accurate, but I have never seen it above 58mpg before, even on the same journey. I will measure it accurately one day, but it's looking promising! :)

Oh yes, the idle is unaffected too.

Well that certainly looks micro processor controlled, particularly if it has jumper pins to adjust power. Have you tried moving them? They are usually set to a zero default, you might get some more power or MPG out of it :lol:

Kingo, I'd be grateful if you could PM me - I have a box identical to Haylands - Its on my 56 2.2D4D RAV4. I can't say I'm that impressed at the moment, although still experimenting with the jumper settings (which requires a quiet piece of road, just in case in suddenly goes into limp mode..)

I'd be interested to hear about the box you offer and how it differs to the one I have (and what performance gains I could expect with yours)

thanks

Svennard

PM Sent

Thanks Kingo

I'll hold fire for a while - you'll see my other post, I'm sure. I think I've managed to get some decent performance out of my box now, by reversing the pins i.e. having the red pin further to the right than the blue (opposite pin set up to that shown on Haylands attached pics). Cheers, Svennard

• 1 month later...

An update for you all

Mine has done just over 15,000miles now without a hickup or any engine light.... it still goes quick.... I took the unit off when it went in for it's first service last week and driving it to the dealers was very boring, it felt like I had the handbrake on all the way....

I do have to say that I am lucky though it seems to me that it's about 50/50 wether your car will work with these boxes....

As for MPG I did a 220 mile motorway trip with the cruise set to a real 74mph an indicated 80mph and it did 51mpg....

Booting it around town and using all that low end torque and it drops to 35ish.... still not too bad though....

Good going.

Mine has been working great since setting it up right too.

Have you declared to your insurance companies and if so how much do you think its costing more per annum?

• 1 month later...
Good going.

Hello, I am also considering the purchase of the Italian Box.

Could you please tell me if you have already opened the box itself? Is there a chip (Philips, as stated), or it is just a resistor?

Also, you said that you had to set it up right in order for it to work, but in the advertisement it is said that it will come already set right for your engine? Wasn't it that the case?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions and please excuse my bulgarian english! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Good going.

Hello, I am also considering the purchase of the Italian Box.

Could you please tell me if you have already opened the box itself? Is there a chip (Philips, as stated), or it is just a resistor?

Also, you said that you had to set it up right in order for it to work, but in the advertisement it is said that it will come already set right for your engine? Wasn't it that the case?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions and please excuse my bulgarian english! :rolleyes:

I opened up the 'Italian Tuning Box' last night and I have posted the pics of what I found inside.

Most of the inside I cant see as it is filled with like green plastic or something, could someone tell me what is inside the box I have?

I can just see the connector, a red light to show the wire is connected correctly and the potentiometer to turn the box up or down.

It doesn't look very promising compared to the one at the beginning of the thread, but saying that it has been excellent in use.

post-64307-126952598768_thumb.jpg

post-64307-126952600037_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links