Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D-4d Common Rail Diesel Tuning Box,

Haylands

I don't want to shhot anybody down in flames here but that tuning box in the pictures is only connecting to the boost pressure sensor. It would have to be winding the boost pressure up quite a bit to gain any significant power and I wouldnt want to be doing that, turbo life will be significantly shortened by doing this

Our kit works on fuel pressure AND boost pressure, the boost is only very slight, but gives excellent results to torque in particular.

If the kit only works 50/50 why would you bother?

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haylands

• Parts-King

• *Rich*

• wastedagen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want to shhot anybody down in flames here but that tuning box in the pictures is only connecting to the boost pressure sensor. It would have to be winding the boost pressure up quite a bit to gain any significant power and I wouldnt want to be doing that, turbo life will be significantly shortened by doing this

Our kit works on fuel pressure AND boost pressure, the boost is only very slight, but gives excellent results to torque in particular.

How can you tell?

It doesn't really look like it matches their description of being 'Philips microprocessor controlled' does it?

I wouldn't expect it to compare to a £400 box tbh, it didn't cost much. I might well take it off soon though.

This is what the seller says about the tuning box:

"We will now tell you in short how our tuning box works: the Philips microprocessor intercepts and processes two parameters, the injection pressure and the fuel injector opening time. By modifying the two of them, you simply improve the gas oil nebulization process when it reaches the combustion chamber. Therefore in no way is the reliability of the vehicle affected: you will simply gain an improvement as to the combustion efficiency by increasing the physical efficiency of the propulsor. This way the engine uses 15% less fuel, work load being equal, and both the maximum power and the torque are increased by 30%, so as to allow you to gain better efficiency in terms of horse power and lower fuel consumption at the same time. Moreover the device can be easily mounted: you just need to link (and uncouple) a cable, as displayed in detail in the workbook, furnished with illustrations, which is provided along with the kit. The enclosed invoice is perfectly valid as a three-year guarantee on the item."

Whether it's true or not I don't know.

This is what the seller says about the tuning box:

"We will now tell you in short how our tuning box works: the Philips microprocessor intercepts and processes two parameters, the injection pressure and the fuel injector opening time. By modifying the two of them, you simply improve the gas oil nebulization process when it reaches the combustion chamber. Therefore in no way is the reliability of the vehicle affected: you will simply gain an improvement as to the combustion efficiency by increasing the physical efficiency of the propulsor. This way the engine uses 15% less fuel, work load being equal, and both the maximum power and the torque are increased by 30%, so as to allow you to gain better efficiency in terms of horse power and lower fuel consumption at the same time. Moreover the device can be easily mounted: you just need to link (and uncouple) a cable, as displayed in detail in the workbook, furnished with illustrations, which is provided along with the kit. The enclosed invoice is perfectly valid as a three-year guarantee on the item."

Whether it's true or not I don't know.

Lots of floweryness and befudlement in that statement. Most people have no idea how a kit works and they could say anything :rolleyes:

The kit only has one connector (you just need to link (and uncouple) a cable)

It is a hundred quid or so best left in the bank, it wouldnt be cheap deal if it furkled up yer turbo :!Removed!:

The box fits to the end of the fuel rail, just like the box at the beginning of this thread.

• 3 years later...

For sale - used tuning box (from German) and K&N filter. I used it for 2 years on my 2.2 D4D RAV 4 and it was great. £40 inc p&p.

2IMG_5034.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links