Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoke In Lift?

clueless1980

Nice one dude, hopefully should be sorted soon, unlucky though, the joys of used cars!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clueless1980

• LAA69

• cabcurtains

• Hogie

Collected it yesterday, new piston rings, valve stem seals. And an oil leek sorted.

Only took them 3 weeks to get it right :angry:

But I have a question, as I havent driven this car for a while now and cant remember what the engine sounds like :huh:

It sounds quite clicky at low revs, but it could be that everything needs to settle in before. After the engine is warm it does sound less clicky (sorry but I cant describe the noise any other way :lol: ) How does yours sound? I dont know anybody else with any near me so cant compare.

Fingers crossed with some conservative driving it will settle in, hit life a couple of times and there is no smoke :thumbsup: Good to have lift back :yes:

Also another bonus is that they have now given me a 12 month warenty on the engine, due to them having to do major work :thumbsup:

Hopefully this is sorted now so i can get used to drving it again ;)

Well pleased for you fella, been a bit of a journey for you thats for sure ..... :thumbsup:

just been out for an hour or so and it seems ok. It actually feels loads quicker in the lower rev range than before, i know that sound odd, but it really does :yes:

everything crossed, its a gudden

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links