Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Seats

Hoovie

Hello Hoovie, it looks very nice, did you mount them your self or add it mounted elsewhere? And the tissue covers came out or the leather ones just fit on top of them ? thanks a lot.

Hi rave,

firstly, these are proper fitted covers, not slip-overs. There is an important difference as the fitted covers have to need to get fixed to the various points around the seats via hogrings and rails, which means the cloth covers must be removed to expose those fittings (apart from which the extra bulk would mean the wouldn't fit.

The slipover covers around would just get baggy in the centres and are not nice.

I fitted some parts and a trimmer fitted others as there was some stitching required to transfer fitting parts from cloth covers to leather covers so the trimmer did those. It is a pretty straightforward job to strip down the covers away from the seats. Fitting is more complex as the fittings - while in exactly the same place are not the same exact style, so have to adapt a little.

Thanks Hoovie can you send me a PM with the price you bought them? thanks a lot ! ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• local hero

• anchorman

• Fujisan

Hi rave,

firstly, these are proper fitted covers, not slip-overs. There is an important difference as the fitted covers have to need to get fixed to the various points around the seats via hogrings and rails, which means the cloth covers must be removed to expose those fittings (apart from which the extra bulk would mean the wouldn't fit.

The slipover covers around would just get baggy in the centres and are not nice.

I fitted some parts and a trimmer fitted others as there was some stitching required to transfer fitting parts from cloth covers to leather covers so the trimmer did those. It is a pretty straightforward job to strip down the covers away from the seats. Fitting is more complex as the fittings - while in exactly the same place are not the same exact style, so have to adapt a little.

Thanks Hoovie can you send me a PM with the price you bought them? thanks a lot ! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank god for that!! just think how much money I can now save on the rubber products that don't go on wheels ;) .... Wife feeling frisky ......"hang on love, just need to go and sit in the car for a couple of hours" :D

A good word of warning for those who wish to procreate, though :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links