Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do I Or Don't I?

Tony Barnsley

Not surprised poor Tony is confused, we have gone from an Urban Cruiser to a Landcruiser, and this is for a guy who mainly drives around town.. :lol: Stew

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• jedi134

• Tony Barnsley

• Hoovie

Not surprised poor Tony is confused, we have gone from an Urban Cruiser to a Landcruiser, and this is for a guy who mainly drives around town.. :lol: Stew

:euro: .....EURO TOTALLY CORRECT THERE, MUCKEROONY.....HE'LL PROBALY END UP WITH A YARIS....

Get a double decker bus, I see loads of these round town :D then you won't need to tow the hoss you can stick it in it :clap:

:euro: .....EURO TOTALLY CORRECT THERE, MUCKEROONY.....HE'LL PROBALY END UP WITH A YARIS....

Not a chance, Following a visit to MT T's the Urban Cruiser is firmly out of the picture :D . . . unfortunately the RAV I wanted to look over and have a play with has gone away to be 'prepped' whatever that means, so I can't see it till next week :( . . . but he did have some nice 08 and 09 D4D Verso s . . .She Likes the verso . . .I'm not so keen it's a great flexible economical car, which is raised enough so that I won't kill my poor back getting into it . . . . but it's just Boring . . . The Rav would be so much more fun :lol:

Not a chance, Following a visit to MT T's the Urban Cruiser is firmly out of the picture :D . . . unfortunately the RAV I wanted to look over and have a play with has gone away to be 'prepped' whatever that means, so I can't see it till next week :( . . . but he did have some nice 08 and 09 D4D Verso s . . .She Likes the verso . . .I'm not so keen it's a great flexible economical car, which is raised enough so that I won't kill my poor back getting into it . . . . but it's just Boring . . . The Rav would be so much more fun :lol:

On the subject of bad backs... My Wife finds getting in and out of the Rav spot on !! She has had to give up driving now due to Her disability.. But finds the Rav extremely easy to get in and out and the seats are superb over distances..

Dont know anything about Versos.. I thought they were Ahem.. Cough Cough and old fogies car ??

Dont know anything about Versos.. I thought they were Ahem.. Cough Cough and old fogies car ??

You cheeky Git :o :lol: ;)

Verso 2.2d's are spacious, economical, reasonably rapid, and very boring, just like a RAV without the 4x4 system :boxing: but they do have a lift up tailgate :yahoo:

Verso 2.2d's are spacious, economical, reasonably rapid, and very boring, just like a RAV without the 4x4 system :boxing: but they do have a lift up tailgate :yahoo:

Ha Ha Sorry Mate didn't realise You had one !!......... EErrrrrr Are You old ? :D I genuinely thought they were favourite with Grannys .. Never looked inside one mind .. Do they have curtains ?? Cab curtains even :ermm:

Shall I get Me coat ?

Thats why we sold it, i was getting dressed one night and i forgot to draw them.........................

Alex-Reid-Crossdressing.jpg

***kin 'scarey!!!

Always kinda wondered what "Verso" meant..............

Is that a Stannah lift up tailgate???.. :wheelchair: Stew

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please warn me when you put Not safe for work Pics on the forum :)

I share the same personal opinion of the Verso, it is an absolutely cracking car, but like the majority of toyota saloon cars it is a sedate family vehicle (aka BOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!). The RAV I think is going to be better for me as it is more of a step up to get in rather than a bend, twist and slide,I broke my pelvis and 3 vertebrae in a bike accident in my early 20's and its coming back to bite me now, so I do need something that is easier to get into. I'm not ready to don my flat cap just yet though, although She does think I'm having a mid life crisis, what with learning to play the lead guitar, growing my hair, wearing leather (OI! Careful!!!), and desiring a 4x4 (Actually we already have the best four by four by far . . . A Horse :horse:!!!) . . . It could be worse what I really want is a Harley :clap::yahoo:

Is that a Stannah lift up tailgate???.. :wheelchair: Stew

Ha Ha, absoutely! But as i'm half the age of most on here i cant have a midlife crisis yet and go buying a fun RAV4 :lol: ;) :P

In today's PC diverse world you cant go around pretending this is anything but normal or you will get sued :lol: ;)

In today's PC diverse world you cant go around pretending this is anything but normal or you will get sued :lol: ;)

Normal?? In todays PC world, it is probably Mandatory! (well, that is what I am claiming anyway :D )

. . . It could be worse what I really want is a Harley :clap::yahoo:

A Harley? *****, did you bang your head as well in that accident? :lol:

I think thats a Harley St doctor Tony needs :) Stew

Not that Time, But I did bang my head when I came off and smashed my knee . . . Oddly enough If I did say Harley She would bite my hand of and insist on a trike that She would use all the time :rolleyes::mad2: :mad2: :mad2::crybaby:

Lots of questions time on pimping

OK, so the local dealers have an astral black 07 Rav4, it's done 41K and they want £12.5K for it. I'm off to look at it this lunchtime, but it looks to be the standard XT-R spec.

So I'm going to want a towbar and bike rack (sorted that with the Thule OEM one), although if they won't budge on price I'll see what I can negotiate fitting the toyota one down to.

It has the 6CD autochanger, but Ideally I want the Sat Nav unit, If I get a B9004 unit does it just swap out with the XTR one . . . I guess I'll need the GPS antenna as well . . .Plus does the XTR wiring loom have the S7 plug for a rear view camera.

I'm thinking about buying an extra set of wheels so that I don't have to suffer the BSR flunrats, although as I tend to keep a car for an extended period (Like 10-12 years) I may actually decide to remove the flunrats completely as trade in will be minimal by that time

Personally, I would not upgrade the Head Unit by buying an OEM Sat Nav unit unless you are getting it (the Sat Nav) REALLY cheap.

Go Aftermarket and you will get yourself a MUCH better spec'ed unit with LOADs of better features, which will be MUCH cheaper to update Map-wise, and will probably be MUCH cheaper to buy anyway. (but stay away from the chinese tat on eBay unless you want to be buying a new head unit every 4 months)

Some may say that by going aftermarket, you lose the OEM look on the dash, but actually it seems as if the very latest RAV4s have now done that anyway out the factory.

If I get a B9004 unit does it just swap out with the XTR one . . .

You might want to take Hoovie's advice, but here's something I put together privately for DAVRAV about a year ago:

Refer to the attached pdf. I've compared connectors to the B9004 and the 58827 (I assume your XTR has the 58827).

b9004Retro.pdf

I've never seen the back of a 58827, it would appear there are three main connectors.

The B9004 has 5 main connectors. (see pic)

B9004-E57.jpg

Ignore the black one (CD changer/AVCLAN) and the square blue one (digital video input). GPS antenna input is grey square one. The GPS ant sits under the dash, with a view of the sky through the windscreen. It's mounted above or below the main central vents - can't remember which.

So, the main power connectors (E52 on B9004, E90 on 58827), and rear Speakers (E53 B9004, E91 58827) are fully compatible.

For steering wheel control connector (E56 B9004, E92 58827) again compatible. The vehicle speed input may be present on your connector, but possibly only if separate turn by turn nav unit is installed. See later about speed input. For the B9004, pin 11 (LRHD) may need to be connector to ground. I believe this controls where the audible nav instructions come from. i.e. drivers door speaker, so RHS front speaker for RHD, when input is grounded, LHS front speaker when input is floating.

E57 on B9004:

Handbrake (PKB), Vehicle Speed (SPD) and Reverse (REV). Handbrake input is never really used. I believe it is for digital video input disable, but that is never used on UK models. REV is used for the rear view camera enable. You'll need the speed input for the sat nav, but not the other two. Without SPD, sat nav position will be very jerky.

If you want to do a camera, you'll need the REV connection.

E54 on B9004:

This is the MIC for phone function and the reverse camera video input and power supply output. I doubt if the wiring is present on your vehicle. You could probably wire up a mic, but I don't know what gain/impedance you'll need. BTCY is related to the rear view camera - the camera is disabled, if door is opened. You may need to link pins 12 and 18 on this connector regardless.

I have run a b9004 on the bench with minimal connections (power input, speaker etc), so I'd say your chances of getting it going are good, as the main connectors are common. The vehicle speed input will be crucial, everything else is probably optional.

I guess I'll need the GPS antenna as well

Yes, see above.

Plus does the XTR wiring loom have the S7 plug for a rear view camera.

Unlikely, but taking the rear door trim off to check is easy. Distract the dealer for 15 minutes :).

I'm thinking about buying an extra set of wheels so that I don't have to suffer the BSR flunrats

Eh? Still talking about the XT-R?? or have I missed the point? No runflats on an XT-R A few very early ones had spare wheels on the rear door. Everything else is bottle of gung repair.

Dave. I have a spare set of wheels that I bought brand new and had them fitted with Winter tyres .. I had those removed and fitted four brand new tyres just last Saturday.. My original set of wheels are sat in the corner of the garage wrapped in tyre bags and wont be re fitted until the car gets sold .... Such is My dislike for the run flats and the horrible ride they give..

I am 99% sure though that the standard XTR does not have have run flats fitted so You will not have the problem ????

The only cars fitted with the much criticised run flats are the T180 and the SR up to around 2010/2011

The standard factory fit sat nav unit is IMHO a cracker.. It is easy to use and works very well for Me at least.. I think after-market ones generally look cheap but that's just Me !!

The XTR is a great car but lacks the specification of the T180. But then You do not have the run flats to contend with.. If You are keeping a car for ten years You really want to get it right and a T180 with a spare set of wheels would definitely be the way I would go if I was looking to buy a Rav 4 within Your budget ....

Coming back to wheels.. I intended to swap My T180 for a brand new SR. That is why I had a brand new set of premium tyres fitted on Saturday.. My plan was and is to sell the T180 and simply put the original wheels and tyres back on before selling the car.

This would have left Me with a 3 month old set of wheels fitted with new tyres ready to fit to the SR ( I hate the dark smoke looking wheels that now come on the SR) And of course My winter tyres ready to fit next winter......

But now My plans have changed and after the events this week and studying the MPG that comes along with the automatic SR automatic being essential on the next car it looks very much like another brand of car will be bombing up and down the motorways in the near future...... So it is likely that I will be selling the set spare wheels and maybe the winter tyres as they will not fit the proposed new car..

RavWinterwheels002.jpg

Dave. . . . <snip>

I am 99% sure though that the standard XTR does not have have run flats fitted so You will not have the problem ????

That's ok Nick I was just getting confused with everything I have been trying to absorb over the last couple of weeks regarding all things Rav

The standard factory fit sat nav unit is IMHO a cracker.. It is easy to use and works very well for Me at least.. I think after-market ones generally look cheap but that's just Me !!

The XTR is a great car but lacks the specification of the T180. But then You do not have the run flats to contend with.. If You are keeping a car for ten years You really want to get it right and a T180 with a spare set of wheels would definitely be the way I would go if I was looking to buy a Rav 4 within Your budget ....

And believe me mate I was trying . . . . Then you blew it up :D . . . . and unfortunately She saw the post :crybaby: . . . TBH I am still trying, and I'm going to use it as a negotiating point with Mr T, She is still very cautious though :crybaby:

So it is likely that I will be selling the set spare wheels and maybe the winter tyres as they will not fit the proposed new car..

Well even If I don't need a spare set of wheels for the BSR's, it would be handy to have a spare set fitted with winter tyres . . . Not that we get anywhere as near as much snow as Scotlandshire, and it only lasts for a few days when we do get it.

Dave. . . . <snip>

That's ok Nick I was just getting confused with everything I have been trying to absorb over the last couple of weeks regarding all things Rav

And believe me mate I was trying . . . . Then you blew it up :D . . . . and unfortunately She saw the post :crybaby: . . . TBH I am still trying, and I'm going to use it as a negotiating point with Mr T, She is still very cautious though :crybaby:

So it is likely that I will be selling the set spare wheels and maybe the winter tyres as they will not fit the proposed new car..

Well even If I don't need a spare set of wheels for the BSR's, it would be handy to have a spare set fitted with winter tyres . . . Not that we get anywhere as near as much snow as Scotlandshire, and it only lasts for a few days when we do get it.

Tony.. There has been far more snow in that England than in Scotland-shire during the past 3 years !! That Mate is a definite.....

There is NO way I am going to sell My car either to You or anyone else on this Forum.. Even if Anyone was barmy enough to buy it !!

My car was nor blown up as it turned out and is likely a better bet than any other Rav that is on its original engine.. My one is a bad risk.. An original engined one is in My honest opinion a ridiculous risk especially if like Yourself the intention is to keep for 10 or 12 Years ??

The extended warranty is for seven Years so if You buy say an 07 the warranty will run out 2 years into it intended 10 Year ownership ??? Buy something else Mate the 2AD engined cars are to much of a liability for extended ownership...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links