Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon

CorollaTS05

im not fussed on whether you want to debate the gains fine by me....thats not what this discussion is about but you took it further on ....and the part about trying to rip your mate off im thinking where did you pull that one out...how can i as a buyer try rip someone off for an item i have to pay for first to receive?? Its more the other way he was trying to rip me off by not accepting a secure payment method or even leaving me a contact number!! Kearon he didnt even take my address down he just asked me to send him a cheque and i thought you know what forget it im not sending him a cheque as i cant trust his word at all if he doesnt even leave me a contact number or ask where i want the item sent to!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• -T- Sport

• Energo

• Norfolk n Chance

Edit - Remove that post from the thread. It has no means to be in here. What's Gaz's business is Gaz's business. Not everybody on the forum needs to see it.

I also think you'll find that i'm not easily frustrated and there's only ever been two people to really get on my nerves, the first has been banned and the second is you. Which has only happened in the past few months.

the first person also got banned because he was yes rude....and yes i do get on your nerves i can tell but i didnt really think you would take someones comments over a forum to heart....

Ill leave that post up.....atleast i have proof and dont just bad mouth someone when you know nothing of it....as you would you will beleive your mate over me in that transaction but considering how many happy people have bought from me on this forum who actually come to my home and are pleased with what they buy you really need to consider that post.

Hell i even send some bits and bobs out to people free im sure cmhshek will comment on that .....I do my bit in helping people

Dude,

Stop ranting on about it and forget it. This threads already way off topic. Maybe he did, Maybe he didn't, I dunno. And tbf I don't really care. I know Mike and I know how trustworthy he is. If he didn't take your address it's probably because he'd not thought about it.

He probably didn't want paypal as he probably hasn't got it. He's not that computer literate. He knows where the on and off button is and how to look at websites. I even had to host his pictures.

Let's just stop the crap now because you know for a fact that as soon as this thread is seen by Steve, Les or any other member of the mod team it's going to be closed or atleast our posts removed.

im not fussed about the moderation i think alot of posts should be removed off topic.....i didnt take this off topic i spoke about the product and from owning it aswell and comparing it to other brands of the product and comparisons of what iv seen....it doesnt live up what its hyped to be.....i love my car, i like my induction kit but as i said im unbiased and im not going to lie to the OP and be biased....the typhoon is a great sounding induction but its not a solid performer....it heak soaks like hell due to its placement the only advantage is the piping and the open cone filter but the power hike is short lived when it gets heat soaked after 15-20mins.....

Farhan, Please do us a favor and pull your head out of your *****.

Over the last months you seem to have become Mr 'I know everything about 2ZZ's" but back when you first got it, All you did was blab on MSN about how you beat this and that and ask questions about what to buy next. I even recall you attempting to rip-off Mike when buying his Typhoon, which didn't work.

I've not said I've gained 19BHP from an induction kit either, again - I just showed a picture of a Dyno printout. ;)

you took it off topic..............we could have carried on a debate about the typhoon and the gains of different induction kits but you snapped!!!

I'm not biased either. :P

I'd quite happily change my kit if I could.

As for the sound - Every CTS I've heard with different kits on sound basicly the same. The noise when the engine is cold is phonominal.

Anyway.. Look at the K&N From a RR point of view. It'll show high gains as when you're on a RR, yo've got a constant flow of Cold/Cool air coming at the bay from a fan, No heatsoak as the engine isn't getting overly hot and the bonnet is up. With the size of the filter it's gonna suck it massive amounts of air. Thus on a RR showing massive gains.

When it comes down to it, you're probably not seeing the RR results on the road. Probably a fair few HP less. The above reasoning would explain why Caymans CTS only pulled 187BHP due to the fact he had a concealed filter with a ram from the front grille. It wasn't getting anywhere near as much air as the other open filters were.

As for the above post, Maybe so. But I've asked 4 times (including this one) to stop replying now, but you've carried on. :P Just because someone else took it off topic doesn't mean you have to carry on the trend. Let this be the last of it?

thats also correct, thats what usually happens. in terms of sounds the typhoon is raspy my buddy has the ppe 3" intake and it is deeper but the typhoon has a distinct whistle sound kicking into lift and then a very noticable rasp top end. the sound is pretty raw, again conditions of the engine matter alot i just feel your correction figures dont quite add up your whp seems to be strong for the age of the engine and is actually really good....im just wondering how your loosing 40 horses through drivetrain loss....plus a few figures on the dyno do not make sense but i will agree on the WHP power being correct and ill give it that your figure is a very nice benchmark figure your possibly hitting over factory by a few bhp which is better than to have than losing power from the factory stated. either way i was just mentioning to the OP my view on it and not to get his hopes high on it.....200bhp is a big claim on this engine from a modification as such.

im game with that. fair be it the end of the rant.....to the OP we hope you enjoyed reading this and enjoy your typhoon!

I've just E-mailed TDI North to see if they can fit me in this month.

A friend of mine is going there on the 22nd to get work done on his CTR. (AEM CAI, HKS Hi-Power Cat-back System and KPro ECU), I'll probably go along to see him as he lives in Hull and we don't exactly see each other often. If they do have time spare and dependant on costs I'll have a run.

The BHP Figure doesn't really bother me, It can be less than 200 as long as my WHP is over 160. As this seems to be a good benchmark for a CTS. I'll probably have another go in late January or February.

!Removed! hell i set something off there...

just a couple of questions, i fit my kit properly yesterday and removed the air box.

The thing what screws onto the front of the airbox with 2 screws, i have screwed onto the underside of the typhoon, using a hole in this mytery items bracket.

1. is the filter suppoes to make a whistleing type hissing noise? more noticcable just as you turn the engine off for a couple of secs?

2. there are two pipes what connect to the airbox and im unsure what they do, i have blocked them both off, is that correct?

thanks

:lol:, Yea.. Sorry about that mate.

The Typhoon will whistle and hiss when sat at Idle. I like it myself. :D

As for the Vacuum hoses.. it's hard to say without seeing. Some do need to be blocked and some need to be moved from one spot to another.

If you have a Facelift T Sport make sure you go on to K&N's website and get the Updated installation sheet as it differs from facelift and Pre Facelift. Many people have problems with the warning lights if the hses aren't done correctly. :thumbsup:

Dude,

Stop ranting on about it and forget it. This threads already way off topic. Maybe he did, Maybe he didn't, I dunno. And tbf I don't really care. I know Mike and I know how trustworthy he is. If he didn't take your address it's probably because he'd not thought about it.

He probably didn't want paypal as he probably hasn't got it. He's not that computer literate. He knows where the on and off button is and how to look at websites. I even had to host his pictures.

Let's just stop the crap now because you know for a fact that as soon as this thread is seen by Steve, Les or any other member of the mod team it's going to be closed or atleast our posts removed.

im not fussed about the moderation i think alot of posts should be removed off topic.....i didnt take this off topic i spoke about the product and from owning it aswell and comparing it to other brands of the product and comparisons of what iv seen....it doesnt live up what its hyped to be.....i love my car, i like my induction kit but as i said im unbiased and im not going to lie to the OP and be biased....the typhoon is a great sounding induction but its not a solid performer....it heak soaks like hell due to its placement the only advantage is the piping and the open cone filter but the power hike is short lived when it gets heat soaked after 15-20mins.....

I'm not going to delete the off topic posts of the obviously heated discussion, I assume you are grown up enough to realise it was a bit unnecessary and OTT :rolleyes:

Please use PM's for your spats in future ;)

Les

hmm i havnt got any warning lights on the dash and it is running nice, ive been thinking how to describe the hissing noise best and all ive come up with is a darth vader noise lol, anyway as long as thats normal.....

i will try and have a look about the hoses, it is a facelift cts, the hoses just go streight to the airbox one at the front i have no idea what that does, and one at the back of the airbox which enters a chamber of some sort, with a sprung mechanism, no idea what the hell they do, what have you done with your hoses -T-Sport-?

thanks

hmm i havnt got any warning lights on the dash and it is running nice, ive been thinking how to describe the hissing noise best and all ive come up with is a darth vader noise lol, anyway as long as thats normal.....

i will try and have a look about the hoses, it is a facelift cts, the hoses just go streight to the airbox one at the front i have no idea what that does, and one at the back of the airbox which enters a chamber of some sort, with a sprung mechanism, no idea what the hell they do, what have you done with your hoses -T-Sport-?

thanks

You wont do yet mate, it takes a few days or even a few weeks to realise it's not right. The lights don't cause any problems you'll just have no TRC or VSC> hehe.

The noise is normal, It's taking in loads of air and has to push some back out because it can't get past the closed throttle.

I just followed the instructions from the updated PDF on the K&N Website. One of the smaller hoses is sat in my center box as it's not needed.

Just FYI - The hoses that go to the original air box operate a flap if you like, it opens up and lets more air through when the 2nd cam stage kicks in.

yes the 1 that goes to the housing with the flap is one of the hoses i have blocked off, does that matter?

Far as I'm aware you can remove that hose and block it from the T piece. As it's trying to do something that isn't needed.

cheers il leave it blocked off, i wondered what the hell that flap was all about.

I'm TRYING!! to upload pics I jst took of how mine is. Though my phone doesn't wanna connect atm and I have to go to work shortly.

Alright, here's three pics of how my hoses are setup. I'm not saying it's the correct way but I hard;y ever have any problems with 'em. The elctrical tape is there to hold the plug in place as it's slightly too big for the T piece.

One tube goes from the Engine to the 1 way valve then to the t piece. The other tube is the hose coming from towards the radiator way.

06122009136.jpg

06122009137.jpg

06122009138.jpg

Oh, and a random video of the whistle while on idle.

th_06122009005.jpg

Edit: Hey! Not bad pictures from my phnoe! :lol: Sound recording could have been better on the video though.

hahahahahaha this thread is jokes.

i have no idea nor do i care what BHP increase my K&N gives me, all i know is im 0.3 of a sec faster down a 1/4 mile.

sounds good, drives well with it fitted, slightly improved mpg. win win if you ask me.

hahahahahaha this thread is jokes.

i have no idea nor do i care what BHP increase my K&N gives me, all i know is im 0.3 of a sec faster down a 1/4 mile.

sounds good, drives well with it fitted, slightly improved mpg. win win if you ask me.

:D i just want the noise!!

Most stock CTS has about 175 - 180 HP. With K&N Typhon kit, TS has about 187 hp. Other modifications can add about 5 hp (flywheel, hondata manifold gasket,

MWR pullley set). And it has been proven on dyno, at many corolla TS.

PS

K&N typhoon gives about 8 - 11.5 hp compared to the stock air intake (checked on dyno). But K&N Typhon does not add power, it restores power which is limited by stock air intake

Stock CTS has 189bhp in the UK ;)

On a paper :) Do the dyno test, and you see how much HP is really.

Look at this Civic TypeR: http://vtech.pl/img_assist/popup/130

It should be 201 HP, and is 194 hp (204 after chiptuning).

PS

In Poland and Germany, CTS has 192 hp ;) But dyno tests shows about 187 - 190 hp with KN Typhoon. With stock air intake - no more than about 180 hp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links