Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon

CorollaTS05

i dont need to call in my friends for proof though....your own dyno sheet has flaws and thats enough for me to go on. We actually dont have any performance related interest on this forum because most people are just to dedicated to trusty filters. 4WD loses more power via drive train, dawesy is converting to 4wd to make use of his power and not just stand there spinning.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• -T- Sport

• Energo

• Norfolk n Chance

You will not get 7 bhp from a k&n typhoon..you may have a few people on here that have got it but it is unrealistic...i got 187bhp with a typhoon and a catback system, this was from a very accurate dyno with a temperature controlled room..

Im not too sure which dyno you have used but try a dyno dynamics one...these are quite accurate.

I know this from past experience as i have had jap cars and a lot of my friends own jap cars and i dont personally think you can get this much from just an air filter and back box...fair play som cars have stronger engines and this may be the case..the best thing would be to do a before and after.

After fitting an induction kit i didnt notice much power gain just sounded better...my other mods have made differences but and induction is just an air filter...and in all honesty the typhoon isnt that well designed.

NOTE: this is my opinion and you have your own which is fair.

Most people aren't dedicated to performance on this forum because it can't be used legally on normal roads. So what's the point in having high powered daily drivers? ;)

TDI you say? As in TDI north which is 10 minutes from myself? Think i'll go make me some enquiries. If we get a decently priced game going.. coming up?

Btw, At which point have I said I gained 7BHP from my typhoon? All I did was show a Dyno printout. ;)

Most people aren't dedicated to performance on this forum because it can't be used legally on normal roads. So what's the point in having high powered daily drivers? ;)

TDI you say? As in TDI north which is 10 minutes from myself? Think i'll go make me some enquiries. If we get a decently priced game going.. coming up?

Btw, At which point have I said I gained 7BHP from my typhoon? All I did was show a Dyno printout. ;)

Gaz said that the typhoon gives 7 bhp...

If most people would not be dedicated to performance we wouldnt be having this discusiion right now...

My car is not being tuned to be used on roads but for track..

we can see there not into the performance side...its more like a social network on here. But were talking power not use on UK roads, Gaz says the typhoon gave 7BHP i disagree

Nope, Gaz said that K&N Claim it gives 7.

HE didn't say it gave 7. This discussion is on-going because somebody asked a question, and people are replying. It doesn't mean we're dedicated to performance.

If I were, I'd have spent my money on engine management, Supercharges or Turbos, Cams, and whattnot instead of big, heavy shiny wheels and computer parts. :)

19bhp from an induction kit.......forget cams, standalone management, performance manifolds, internal engine building, even supercharging i reckon with those dude youll hit 300 with the typhoon thats what it would seem.

Yep he didnt say it gave 7....HE AGREED IT GAVE 7 and then backed it up by saying trading standards would be right at it! how can you get trading standards onto performance parts...it will vary no matter what.

Farhan, Please do us a favor and pull your head out of your *****.

Over the last months you seem to have become Mr 'I know everything about 2ZZ's" but back when you first got it, All you did was blab on MSN about how you beat this and that and ask questions about what to buy next. I even recall you attempting to rip-off Mike when buying his Typhoon, which didn't work.

I've not said I've gained 19BHP from an induction kit either, again - I just showed a picture of a Dyno printout. ;)

1. Nope you will not hit 200bhp.....maybe 1-2, I have yet to see a 2zz-ge on a accurate dyno without correction figures hit over 195 at the fly with just an induction kit drop in.

I can think of quite a few that will disagree with that statement.....

For starters a 1-2bhp increase from a Typhoon?? That would leave K&N open to a Trading Standards investigation for false advertising over their figure of 7bhp ;)

CorollaTS05... yes it is possible that you will get 200bhp+...

40bhp loss equates to a 20% transmission loss.... i understand that is quite reasonable...

I will have to dig out the dyno sheet and find the inlet temps...

To completely disregard 6 members dyno day results when you have no dyno of your own to provide seems like a slightly flawed arguement to me....

;)

:lol: there's nothing like a good debate dude....

as for being 'snappy'... anybody's comments can be taken like that on the internet... mine included ;)

I see nothing there of him saying it DOES give 7BHP. There's a POSSIBLE in there.. No DOES.

Nor do I see any Agreeing. :P

if we talk literature hes right in saying the OP can hit 200bhp....as its a possibility and not for sure.

For starters a 1-2bhp increase from a Typhoon?? That would leave K&N open to a Trading Standards investigation for false advertising over their figure of 7bhp

thats utter nonsense. And from there hes just agreeing with everything he reads. Its like so many people post here saying if i buy this ill get this thats never true.

i still see flaws in the dyno that are un answered why is the max rev cut off at 8510 when the ecu limits the rev cut off at 8250....

Nope, You're right.

It isn't true. Never believe manufacturers quotations as it's just to sell their products.

I always drink Lucozade but never have any more energy. :P

Let's just end it at this:

Nobody knows the nswer to your question. You'll have to do a before and after run to find out yourself. Don't take other peoples opinions and comments on it. :P

Edit: Farhan - I think you'll see I did answer that question in an earlier post. I don't run dyno's, nor do I pretend to know how the work. So in the best description I can give. :Shrug:

Farhan, Please do us a favor and pull your head out of your *****.

Over the last months you seem to have become Mr 'I know everything about 2ZZ's" but back when you first got it, All you did was blab on MSN about how you beat this and that and ask questions about what to buy next. I even recall you attempting to rip-off Mike when buying his Typhoon, which didn't work.

I've not said I've gained 19BHP from an induction kit either, again - I just showed a picture of a Dyno printout. ;)

erm hold on....when did i try to rip him off? what did i do to rip off him? i just didnt go through with the sale and purchased a new one.

did i frustrate you because you cannot prove why your dyno is flawed. when did i speak about beating this and that prove it dude?

Whoa whoa, You don't have to prove your 'friends' results and experieces. Why do I have to prove old MSN conversations?

Why do you think i blocked you after a while? xD

You've not frustared me at all to do with my Results sheet. The thing that's frustrating is the fact that you're apparetly the worlds greatest mechanic now.

As for Mike - You sent him a cheque for a lower figure than you said, which then got ripped up and binned. Want proof of that too? Wel... I can't. A Landfill or recyling center somewhere has eaten it all up. So nevermind.

I've already suggested you leave the thread at my final post as nobody will ever agree on the gains. Let the chap go and experience it for himself instead of people guestimating. I'm willing to go to a different RR and see what they say. I don't care what gains or loses I have. I went along to the day for the fun and company of like minded people. ^_^

i also blocked you on msn simply because i was getting annoyed continually getting added into to lame conversations with other owners.

i did not send a cheque to mike at all.........so i dont know where you got that info from and i dont know what mikes been saying to you. I didnt want to go through with the sale simply because i felt it was unsecure paying by cheque hence why i didnt bother buying the typhoon.

I wanted to pay by paypal and mike wasnt interested in a paypal payment.

I dont know where you pulled that story out from but i didnt send him a cheque for a lower ammount otherwise i wouldnt have bought one brand new and i have the receipt to prove it....i opted out as i didnt even know the guy and i didnt want to send him a cheque when i had no certainty of receiving the item from him....he didnt even leave me a phone number to contact he just asked for a cheque....i offered to do a instant bank transfer and he refused so i think its your mate thats the shadey one.

I actually barely use msn and i very rarely spoke to you it was always the same individuals in a convo that i would be added into and i just got bored of the rubbish that was always being spoken. I mean your grown men act like men!

Im no mechanic but i have learnt a fair bit about the car and i can also give more input and advice on the forums rather than flood topics with rubbish.

My friend is not on this forum because in terms of what he discusses hes into performance orientated advise and the only advise he would get from here would be buy a typhoon and a backbox. If you want some dyno proof from him let me know and ill waste my time uploading it for you. Then you may learn a bit about the graph.

So please explain why you're still replying? ;)

As for the above... I'll believe my friends over you, thanks. :) You're telling us to act like grown men, yet youre the one who's now in denial about past instances because you don't want people on these forums to know how you used to act. Sure you've matured now, but dude.. stop denying things that happened.

Edit: ***** dude, get it through your skull. I Don't give a rats ***** about the Dyno sheet. Nor do I wish to learn about 'em. This 'friend' of yours is probaby the one that's already been banned off here for ubiky behaviour in the first place.

but its like minded people because theres a small clan of you and this forum is a social network between you guys......you all seem to get on and will back each other on it but when i myself question your results you cannot even expand on them because you have no knowledge about it yourself the only favour you have is friends of yours backing you on it. Your advise to others is simply what you read ....im telling the OP from a realistic point of view and gaz disagrees the only thing i hear on these forums is typhoon or apexi.....so when discussing on performance or mechanics on this vehicle i think you need to dig a bit deeper.

you agree with your forum buddys....yet you know nothing of the story. I am not in denial but you seriously have a twisted story on it.....im buying from someone i dont even know add the story up.

YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING FIRST

SELLLER THEN SENDS ITEM OUT

why would i send a cheque at all if i was trying to rip him off............i dont want him to cash a penny of my money

And i stress i did not send him a cheque as i didnt feel secure sending him a cheque i pulled out of the sale and bought a brand new one ill even upload my receipt!

Dig deeper in to what? How often do I ever replt to performance threads? Go dig some up for me.

Also - What clan? The only person that's even semi-active on ths forum I talk to is Gaz.

The reason you only hear about those modifications is because people just can't afford anything better. People have more commitments. They live in their own homes and pay mortgage or rent, they have children to support. They've grown out of the modding bug and spend their money where it really counts.

As said in a previous post, If I wanted to buy all that crap for my car I would. Right now I think i'd rather concentrate on paying my rent and bringing up my son.

Or maybe I'll go live with Mommy and Daddy and spend all my money on my car... Nah. First line is more important me thinks.

Edit: Why all the multi-posts? Inability to use one? Or ploy to boost up your postcount?

nope hes not my friend, my friend lives local to me and a few members on here know him and have seen his car so id hold your words on that one.

i have no past instances to be in denial about....how did i use to act?

im not fussed about the point count, your going on quite personal about your own commitments hello its car forum we dont want to know about your personal life. You know nothing about me and my situation as i dont share it on a vehicle forum. You however its like your autobiography here and im actually getting bored always seeing it and i think alot of other members dont bother here no more because of the useless replies they always get.

Ill stand by one thing atleast when i reply i get to the point and people leave the forums with tips they can use.

I said 'They' Not 'I'. 'They' And where exactly have I brought my personal life it to these forums recently? I think the lastthing I ever posted about it was the day of my lads birth.

I also just found an old post of yours contridicting yourself...

I do note that maybe the figures were a little bit generous by about 4-5bhp as it is certainly possible to get 200 with an exhaust and typhoon. Depending on the condition and age of the engine aswell.

Make up your mind chap. Anyways.. Enough's enough. You have you opinions, I have mine. Agree to disagree and get on with it.

Edit - Remove that post from the thread. It has no means to be in here. What's Gaz's business is Gaz's business. Not everybody on the forum needs to see it.

I also think you'll find that i'm not easily frustrated and there's only ever been two people to really get on my nerves, the first has been banned and the second is you. Which has only happened in the past few months.

that statement is correct it is possible in the case that you went straight through on the exhaust sytem by that removing resonators, going for a large piping diameter

Also a huge restriction is the bend over the axle...you can hit 200 at the CRANK.....if you directed the exhaust straight through under the axle but on a vehicle lowered that will hit the ground.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links