Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Vs Rolling Road

-T- Sport

Righty,

After people decided to start claiming that theresults from the Rolling Road at Minisport in Padiham were more than likely optimistic. I decided to book my car in to TDi North based in Warrington.

Their Rolling Road is a 4WD version capable of 1600BHP. This company is well known throughout the UK to people tuning Civic Type-R's. Going today was conveiniant for me as a friend of mine just took his Type-R in for a AEM Intake, HKS Cat-back System and a KPro ECU & Map. (Justfor the record, he came out wirh 226BHP and 180lbft)

So after my car had been sat out for near 6 hours, we defrosted it, took it in to the garage and sat waiting for it to warm up. Once warm we went ahead with the dyno...

Now, In my previous run at Minisport my results were 209BHP and 130lbft. 20BHP OVER Facotry stated and 2lbft UNDER Factory stated.

Second run is as below...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

TDINorthDynoResults-2.jpg

All in all I'd say pretty good run... Run at Minisport I had a full tank of Vpower running through the system.

At TDi... I only put the Vpower in a few hours before. It's been standard crap for months. So may not have had time to reap the benefits as it take s a few tanks to see any difference.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -T- Sport

• farhanali89

• Norfolk n Chance

• ricc

I'd imagine around the same. :P

Not all Dyno's have the ability to tell you, and the ones that do aren't always that accurate. For that you need to use the Rolling Roads which you can remove your wheels and they attach... whatever the hell they are to the hubs. They give a more accurate WHP figure.

TDI North are open to Rolling Road Days. Minimum of 6 and maximum of 12 due to time restrictions. Around £35 a car. If anybody is interested I'll post up in the near future and get some dates they'll be avilable.

Good dyno graph and accurate calibration as the power/torque lines intersect at 5252rpm.

Shame as you said about not having a tank full of V power a week beforehand (and an ECU reset helps) - would have been a better comparison from the first

dyno run at Minisport.

Mick

good result mate! when was it last serviced also?

looking at the graph am i right in saying if we dont go over 6000rpm in our t sports, there just like a normal average 1.8 engined car as at 6000rpm its near 150bhp?

the line goes crazy at lift!

i wanna take mine now...

nice numbers, this graph looks much better than previous i can agree with your gains from seeing this graph, as power is not being made at redline like before. Good numbers kearon ;)

So are we all agreed that +200BHP is possible from the 2ZZ with only induction and back box mods??

:lol:

and on that bombshell, somebody lock the thread quick lol!

p.s i think we all can agree....

Cheers for the replies chaps.

The last time it was Serviced? About 11k miles ago!

I think it'd have been possible to get my previous 209bhp if... 1) The car was freshly serviced. 2) The V-Power had ran through properly. 3) The bonnet was open as it was on my previous run.

Heyho.. The results made me happy enough..

Oh. And yes... Our cars just have 139bhp until lift where it throws another 50bhp in the works.

Oh. And yes... Our cars just have 139bhp until lift where it throws another 50bhp in the works.

just out of interest i wonder what the 0-60 time would be changeing at 6000rpm before lift for the corolla with just 139bhp? would that mean even with no lift we have as much go as if the standard 1.8l unit was in the t sport? sorry its a bit off topic just interested, as its quite a wierd engine the 2zz, somtimes feels like theres 2 under the bonnet.

Good lad Key, I was getting quite ****** off with everyone (some more than others) dissing Mini Sports figures, took it personally seeing as I organized it and know Rob the tec.........Good one :thumbsup:

Good lad Key, I was getting quite ****** off with everyone (some more than others) dissing Mini Sports figures, took it personally seeing as I organized it and know Rob the tec.........Good one :thumbsup:

Well it was your fault...... :P

Think we deffo need to organise another RR Day, mine was 20k overdue a service last time!! :lol:

Nice results mate, shame about the drop in torque midrange but that seems quite typical of these cars, only place the Honda engine IMO is better.

Still need to get mine on since modifying it, made 191hp stock so should be good for 210 or so now. Not to shabby for a 1.8 NA!!

Any more plans now mate? I can highly recommend intake and exhaus header porting, butt dyno suggests a reasonable gain low-mid range :-)

Unsure what to do next tbh. Money is restrictive and the Mrs doesn't want me doing things to it! :lol:

I do have some plans though.

Beautiful chart :) I still do not believe that your car has no modifications (except K & N Typhoon). TS usually haven't over 200 HP, even TS Compressor with the stock air intake have less than 115 HP on dyno test. Congratulations, you have a really strong CTS.

How much octane is Shell V-power in England? I used V-power Racing 99+, now I ride on Vpower 95. The more the octane gasoline burns slower, so it makes no sense to use more oct. than V-power 95.

Beautiful chart :) I still do not believe that your car has no modifications (except K & N Typhoon). TS usually haven't over 200 HP, even TS Compressor with the stock air intake have less than 115 HP on dyno test. Congratulations, you have a really strong CTS.

How much octane is Shell V-power in England? I used V-power Racing 99+, now I ride on Vpower 95. The more the octane gasoline burns slower, so it makes no sense to use more oct. than V-power 95.

V-Power is 99ron over here....

The graph speaks for itself and i can personally vouch for Key's only mods being K&N and TTE Backbox...

This is a flawed arguement now as we have 2 sets of dyno results to compare both showing over 200BHP... it could be that your engine isn't as strong, or the dyno you used isn't accurate.....

To still dis-believe 2 sets of results showing the same +200BHP just looks like sour grapes now....

V-Power is 99ron over here....

The graph speaks for itself and i can personally vouch for Key's only mods being K&N and TTE Backbox...

This is a flawed arguement now as we have 2 sets of dyno results to compare both showing over 200BHP... it could be that your engine isn't as strong, or the dyno you used isn't accurate.....

To still dis-believe 2 sets of results showing the same +200BHP just looks like sour grapes now....

I have not seen a single stock CTS (without any modifications) and Celica GTS too, which on the dyno test had more than 193 HP. I was looking on the Internet around the world, Europe, USA, Australia, etc. And you have seen ?

I'm sure on 100% that T-Sport's CTS has some other modifications :)

Rolling road tests are always likely to vary. The only true way of knowing an engines capabilities are to have it tested on a test bed attached to a dyno where measurements are taken directly from the flywheel. There is always going to be a loss via the transmission and other ancilliaries and contrary to popular belief the amount of loss is not fixed - it can change dramatically - gearbox temp for example is one aspect – humidity would be another. In all honesty it requires a fixed environment to make fair comparisons. The internationally accepted temp for such tests is 20 degrees Centigrade. It can vary for a number of reasons so in many cases the information given by the rolling road test is actually only an extrapolation of what energy output available from the engine.

Also when deciphering a dyno chart look at the areas where the engine develops the fastest rate of increase (where there is a steep climb in both torque and bhp) and judging from the chart you can see this occurs between around 6,100 and 6,800 rpm which is actually quite a narrow power band width which most drivers would find difficult to maintain or judge on public roads.

Also unless the engine has been specifically modified to burn a higher octane fuel there is little or no benefit in upping the octane levels and in fact may actually reduce power output.

Primarily a car engine is a heat exchange engine and getting more power from the heat it generates is the key to increased performance and any meaningful increase won’t come cheap.

Personally I always take dyno test results with a large pinch of salt simply because there are so many variances between what occurs on the test bed and what happens in the real world and also the driver’s individual skills.

I have not seen a single stock CTS and stock Celica GTS, which is on the dyno test had more than 193 HP. I was looking on the Internet around the world, Europe, USA, Australia, etc. And you have seen ?

I'm sure on 100% that T-Sport's CTS has some other modifications :)

I am 100% sure that it doesn't!!!

Believe what you like but 2 Dyno results speak for themselves.....

Also unless the engine has been specifically modified to burn a higher octane fuel there is little or no benefit in upping the octane levels and in fact may actually reduce power output.

Primarily a car engine is a heat exchange engine and getting more power from the heat it generates is the key to increased performance and any meaningful increase won't come cheap.

Please explain that some more ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links