Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Vs Rolling Road

-T- Sport

How can you claim it boring when it is you yourself, that constantly belittles the results some have achieved with seemingly less than others.

Your notion that 'Variable Change' does not exist is a direct conflict to a fundamental collection of highly complex mathematical equations that are quite frankly WAY beyond even my comprehension.

Seriously, I find this stuff fascinating, the fact that 2 seemingly identical engines can be so different is mind boggling. Maybe that's your issue here? Think about it for a moment, a mass produced engine...... take 2 of them........ take them apart and compare every single part to the level of microns/micrograms, not to mention other physics based properties like drag, heat absorption/dissipation, mollecular consistency....... If you add the sum of all changes that are potentially viable, in the most optimum (what ever the infinite combination of parts variables may well be) scenario, it's only logical that the resultant performance will by far, out class that of a physically inferior collection of parts (which you can call an engine ;) )

Now, if you don't understand that, give up trying to teach yourself the best engine parts to buy and pay someone else to make them for you. That way someone who understands that there is a potential for parts to both under and over perform will be making informed decisions.

Please, do correct my flaws. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -T- Sport

• farhanali89

• Norfolk n Chance

• ricc

How can you claim it boring when it is you yourself, that constantly belittles the results some have achieved with seemingly less than others.

Your notion that 'Variable Change' does not exist is a direct conflict to a fundamental collection of highly complex mathematical equations that are quite frankly WAY beyond even my comprehension.

Nearly all results vary from car to car. No 2 are the same i agree, In this case im arguing the gains and results which are to high. Regardless of what variables there were, Whether from the manufacture the head was designed better or anything else. Either way the gains wont be of that substantial ammount. Go onto a more performance orientated forum with lots of different dyno runs and more or less most are around the same mark. None of this rubbish flywheel HP, Exact readings at the wheels and before and afters of gains achieved from modification.

Seriously, I find this stuff fascinating, the fact that 2 seemingly identical engines

What are the two seemingly identical engines we are comparing?

can be so different is mind boggling. Maybe that's your issue here? Think about it for a moment, a mass produced engine...... take 2 of them........ take them apart and compare every single part to the level of microns/micrograms, not to mention other physics based properties like drag, heat absorption/dissipation, mollecular consistency.......

A mass produced engine and its components will have less differences in them as they are machine made with the same consistency in the same factory in the same conditions with the same tolerances!

The smallest of variables may matter, Nearly every road car does not make the factory figure, Thats a fact the reason for this is the way the car may have been run in, Some feel driving the car hard from the moment you get it is the way to open it up. Others argue saying be gentle and let it all bed in. Either way the variables are still small.

Now, if you don't understand that, give up trying to teach yourself the best engine parts to buy and pay someone else to make them for you. That way someone who understands that there is a potential for parts to both under and over perform will be making informed decisions.

I dont teach myself what parts to buy, I actually know what i should and shouldnt buy. I bought the typhoon well and good but from being realistic i know its not doing me wonders.

You disagree with many things that people buy, But you still havent solved this cars biggest flaw and thats the handling.

You need to realise not all of us are dedicated to racing on a strip, We have different uses for our cars and different enhancements allow some of us to make more use of them.

Just for reference, Ask someone aparts from me who knows about this stuff. Anyone here heard of redliner9k....He made the first power fc harness for the corolla, Designed the redliner PPE header and also is working on an intake manifold His car has 204whp NA.

I just asked him, He also dynos and tunes the 2zz-ge.

He says our car has a 13% drivetrain loss.

164 whp = 189BHP at the fly.

I know who i beleive.

Ok Farhan, get a grip of a few aspects.

1, You are backtracking contantly and making yourself look rediculous.

2, You have clearly failed to comprehend ANYTHING I have said, only interpret it into your own little world of car modding knowledge.

3, The engines we were theoretically comparing are the 2 you have constantly fixed in your head, that being the 2zz engine.

4, Your knowledge of things 'physical' and 'relative' is clearly absent from the comment relevant to that of mine discussing the variables of physical attributes associated with and to individual parts, including the aforementioned 'sum of all parts' being greater than the alternative negative.

5, I choose not to change the handling of the car at this point in time. I'm fully capable of realising the limits of my own current set up and drive the car within them. Because this is not important to me does not make it acceptable for YOU to comment upon them in this thread when it is totally irrelevant.

6, Again, your personalisation of my choice to run 1/4 times in this thread is also irrelevant. I haven't mentioned it in the discussion I am having with you, in this thread, ONCE.

If you cant comprehend what I am saying, please, DON'T reply to me or quote anything I say. Your futile attempt to belittle my choice in car and additions I have made to it is most petty as neither once have I mentioned your car or mine (go ahead, check, you will see I am right).

Your turn.

Ok Farhan, get a grip of a few aspects.

1, You are backtracking contantly and making yourself look rediculous. YOU BROUGHT THE TOPIC BACK UP

Also you look ridiculous as you cant spell yet your talking big talk!

2, You have clearly failed to comprehend ANYTHING I have said, only interpret it into your own little world of car modding knowledge.

I Dont comprehend it as i dont agree with it!

3, The engines we were theoretically comparing are the 2 you have constantly fixed in your head, that being the 2zz engine.

There is only ONE 2zz-ge engine

4, Your knowledge of things 'physical' and 'relative' is clearly absent from the comment relevant to that of mine discussing the variables of physical attributes associated with and to individual parts, including the aforementioned 'sum of all parts' being greater than the alternative negative.

What are you going on about.

5, I choose not to change the handling of the car at this point in time. I'm fully capable of realising the limits of my own current set up and drive the car within them. Because this is not important to me does not make it acceptable for YOU to comment upon them in this thread when it is totally irrelevant.

Its not irrelevant, I was irrelevant in many topics yet my name gets dragged in so lets drag in the fact you have not tackled the main problem! Its relevant when we are talking performance.

6, Again, your personalisation of my choice to run 1/4 times in this thread is also irrelevant. I haven't mentioned it in the discussion I am having with you, in this thread, ONCE.

I didnt mention anything else in this discussion aparts from good praise, But yet again you brought me back into the topic.

If you cant comprehend what I am saying, please, DON'T reply to me or quote anything I say. Your futile attempt to belittle my choice in car and additions I have made to it is most petty as neither once have I mentioned your car or mine (go ahead, check, you will see I am right).

Your turn.

Actually, one thing.

If you edit a post after I have responded, or even once you have clicked that button to add your initial response, it's common courtesy not only to the person your having a discussion with but also to those reading this thread that you have made a change or addition by noting such a thing with an 'EDIT'.

As for the comment of me being unable to spell, I presume you are highlighting the missing S from 'constantly'. As for the way in which I chose to explain my thoughts/feelings/knowledge/theories by my use and understanding of the English language is my own to decide. If that happens to include what you refer to as 'Talking Big Talk' so be it, I Will do so.

This is becoming just a little personal and rather tiresome

The thread is therefore TOAST

If you wish to continue your "petty" arguments please use the PM system!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links