Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Vs Rolling Road

-T- Sport

Think I'll still pass :P It's just cost me £50 just to get to Southampton and that's 236 Miles from my house. Left me with Quarter of a tank.

I'll see what this next RR day brings, and if people still think it's optimistic I'll consider coming down to this Regularly Calibrated one :P As the one we'll probably be going to will be Dyno Dynamics anyway...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -T- Sport

• farhanali89

• Norfolk n Chance

• ricc

I found the link below titled Dynos Don't Lie. Or Do They?

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/inter...no%20tuning.htm

Makes some very interesting reading. From my understanding most dynos graphs make corrected assumptions. So to make proper comparisons each test would need to be carried out at exactly the same place, time, temperature, altitude, etc, etc. Plus to measure any significant gains from a modification you would need a before and after test run for comparative results.

As a matter of interest does anyone know of a fully independent organisation that has a dyno - particularly one who doesn't sell, fit or carry out engine modifications.:)

Makes some very interesting reading. From my understanding most dynos graphs make corrected assumptions. So to make proper comparisons each test would need to be carried out at exactly the same place, time, temperature, altitude, etc, etc. Plus to measure any significant gains from a modification you would need a before and after test run for comparative results.

As a matter of interest does anyone know of a fully independent organisation that has a dyno - particularly one who doesn't sell, fit or carry out engine modifications. :)

you missed the bottom that company gives there figures uncorrected so there are just base results. Im not going to argue more as my points wont get across but ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the figures attained have already been corrected to flywheel figures.....and operators can correct to any standard they wish.

The first dyno from minisport had a big flaw.....164whp was accurate but correction at 209 was optimistic!

Think I'll still pass :P It's just cost me £50 just to get to Southampton and that's 236 Miles from my house. Left me with Quarter of a tank.

I'll see what this next RR day brings, and if people still think it's optimistic I'll consider coming down to this Regularly Calibrated one :P As the one we'll probably be going to will be Dyno Dynamics anyway...

Like i said mate the offer stands...you said if someone paid for the dyno youd get it done...i understand the fuel cost which i can partially help with..but its up to you

Its not just about going to dyno dynamics the reason for mentioning the one here is because i know its calibrated regularly.

I'll see how the money situation is after January. :thumbsup:

5 Weeks til Payday when you got a 6 month old baby aint good! :lol:

Its not just about going to dyno dynamics the reason for mentioning the one here is because i know its calibrated regularly.

I've spoken to a garage near me that uses a Dyno Dyamics RR and asked how often their's is calibrated... here's the response...

The dyno self calibrates each time it's turned on and will give very very repeatable figures week after week or month after month. They don't tend to give the optimistic numbers like many other rolling roads.

So I don't know who told you they have to get their's calibrated.......

OMG, am gutted all the dissing from RR day the Mini place made me sell the CTS, will have to get her back now :lol: :P

Dale!

Where you been?

That ashamed of your diseasel you went into hiding?? :bag:

:lol: ;)

Been stacked with work etc etc nothing exciting :lol: Will be forum prowling again.

The Diesel van keeps going strongly, would still rather have a petrol Q car to raz around in though :yes:

Did you get promoted after becoming a paid member or was it a present for getting the CTS serviced :lol: ;)

You've missed loads! :lol:

There was a voted for new moderators ;)

Planning another RR day if you fancy bringing the diseasel?

You've missed loads! :lol:

There was a voted for new moderators ;)

Planning another RR day if you fancy bringing the diseasel?

Were there any other candidates :help: :P

I can't have missed much, the last post i put on was about the next RR day :lol: , yeah happy to come along :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, I'm digging up old threads.

Farhan, your argument is flawedby the very simple facts that you yourself state. Get over it. And stop quoting these mystical 'full builds'. It offers nothing constructive to the argument.

In fact the only person I've seen make any sense on this thread, and backed it up with ANY relevant technical nouse is JamesBelfast.

Key, nice figures! Glad to see you make them AGAIN. A 3bhp variance is naff all in the real world and given the variables at hand it nicely puts a lid on the issue. Also, you dont have any other mods than Filter and Zaust, remember I've had my hands inside your engine, it IS stock. As for the clutch....meh, just feels odd. lol.

PS, when'd you get your exhaust done a MIJ? lol ;)

:lol:

Yesterday! :P

Will be going back to TDI at some point to see if there's anything gained from it. I don't expect much but can feel the improvement in throttle responce and the revs pick up quicker. Chris agreed on that note as he had ago too.

I think my cat was stuffed 'cos it was rattling all the time.. so maybe replacing it helped.

Totally un-sneaky and im not impressed young man!

Still, I'm not fussed, still gonna give you that spanking we talked about up pod :P

By the way, it was his FB status and the miraculously timed new can on yours. So blame him. ;)

Chris? lol. I could have left the pictures out ;) Put them there to see how long it'd take people! :lol:

Yay, I'm digging up old threads.

Farhan, your argument is flawedby the very simple facts that you yourself state. Get over it. And stop quoting these mystical 'full builds'. It offers nothing constructive to the argument.

In fact the only person I've seen make any sense on this thread, and backed it up with ANY relevant technical nouse is JamesBelfast.

Key, nice figures! Glad to see you make them AGAIN. A 3bhp variance is naff all in the real world and given the variables at hand it nicely puts a lid on the issue. Also, you dont have any other mods than Filter and Zaust, remember I've had my hands inside your engine, it IS stock. As for the clutch....meh, just feels odd. lol.

PS, when'd you get your exhaust done a MIJ? lol ;)

why is my argument flawed? by what facts that i state. The fact is the readings are to generous! Mystical full builds?

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=312349

here thats my mates username....search his posts find his build threads then decide.

As a matter of interest does anyone know of a fully independent organisation that has a dyno - particularly one who doesn't sell, fit or carry out engine modifications. :)

you missed the bottom that company gives there figures uncorrected so there are just base results. Im not going to argue more as my points wont get across but ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the figures attained have already been corrected to flywheel figures.....and operators can correct to any standard they wish.

The first dyno from minisport had a big flaw.....164whp was accurate but correction at 209 was optimistic!

if jamesbelfast was the only one who made a good statement.....he copied a link with info for a dyno. And you genius people forgot to read the end bit which i have been going on about "corrected figures"

kearons new dyno does not have his WHP they have just given him a corrected HP. Mini sport gave a WHP which was 164....on average that is what a standard TS puts down....between 158-165whp is average a standard CTS makes....most of the time corrected it is around 188-194bhp......his corrected figure was 207!!!!

Read that link again and make sure you read the last bit before you call my argument flawed.

Farhan, it's flawed because at every available point, Key has stated, ney, insisted, the figures are as far as he knows correct.

earons new dyno does not have his WHP they have just given him a corrected HP. Mini sport gave a WHP which was 164....on average that is what a standard TS puts down....between 158-165whp is average a standard CTS makes....most of the time corrected it is around 188-194bhp......his corrected figure was 207!!!!

If you don't want to be misunderstood you should at least make accurate comments. ABOVE you have written a STD CTS makes 188-194. Keys result was 207. He's not STD. Never has been. End of.

his WHP is the same as a standard 2zz-ge.....His car may not be standard but its putting down 164whp....but his bhp at the fly is 207....how does that work.

He insists its correct but its a discussion of results. Can you explain why another member here beleives his compressors results with just a exhaust system are the same as the SP Conversion figures????

Variable Change. If you remotely understood the inability to be 100% accurate when working with 'mass' production and priorities of longevity, you would have sat back down in your chair a long time ago.

All of your argument is based upon your belief or understanding that 'all and every' should be the same. I really don't mind sitting here discussing it with you, so please don't feel I'm trying to 'out do' you. I just really do feel you have totally missed the point here.

Also theres no need for '??' at the end of your questions, it is aggressive and bad forum etiquette. :)

whatever keeps you all happy in terms of results is fine.

i never knew a t-sport gets most of its gains from just a typhoon kit and a backbox.

?? im asking a question, Explain that result to me?

It doesn't keep us all happy. It keeps the owner of said car happy. It was their choice to have the RR done, so the results, rightly so, are essentially welcomed by them be it good, or bad.

'A' T-Sport can make most of its gains from a Typhoon and Backbox quite easily, because it has no other modifications. Assuming you're directly talking about Kearons car. Does that make sense to you? Or am I being stupid?

''?? im asking a question'' makes no grammatical sense without reference, please can you clarify what you mean.

''Explain that result to me?'' - Although I appreciate you only using the one question mark to punctuate your question I'm not overly sure what you want clarifying? Would it be Kearons quasi consitant results or your difference of opinion.

I see nothing funny about it to be honest. It's actually quite sad if you feel unable to partake in an adult discussion and provide something constructive. As that's all this is and all I'm getting in reply is negativity and pessimism.

If you can prove to me that every single T-Sport EVER made, or for that fact, every single 2ZZ ever made, was producing the exact same power in both BHP and/Lbft when it left the factory, I will have no choice but to publicly concede you are correct about this issue.

I do, It used to be an adult discussion but now it is boring. I can partake in an adult discussion and i would say i provide constructive points, Just not here any more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links