Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor Intercooler

215 compressor

hoping pressure drop isn,t to great as have raised boost anyway .intercooler should be ok size wise as its for up 300bhp and got car booked in for piggy back ecu and remap .no wot u mean regarding heat on a turbo engine but from having it running its amazing how much heat comes from supercharger which is passed straight into engine so should be improved once its cooled .

This, it makes sense why blitz use a intercooler as standard on there compressor kits. I also wait the results and good luck with mapping and tuning. Are you going dastek?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 215 compressor

• Ckman85

• farhanali89

• illgryphon

Looks hench mate. I love the look of inter-coolers. :drool:

Using a cooling matrix in the I.M. works wonders for forced induction, especially with a large ice-box. :)

update on pics lights all came on today check code lean on bank 1 but to be expected car needs setting up now so will use least as possible till its piggyback done and mapped .

WOW, thats looks really good, bigger than my intercooler. Yeh the car will b running lean rite now, try not to drive it too much. Dnt worry ur in safe hands going to Redline Tuning, Richard knows his stuff.

Will b nice to see ur car wen ur down. Will b interesting to see how much power ur cars gna push out

Mhmm car is looking sweet, Thats a massive intercooler makes me wish i did the compressor upgrade on mine. Intercooler looks great with the tte bumpers.

The unichip should work well lets see how much power your pushing after this thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

well after setting of at 4 am arrived at redline tuning for car to have piggy back fitted and remap.

did a dyno before before set up and was at 190bhp lower than expected but did another run got up to 200bhp with maximum torque of about 158ft lb .well after all set up and mapped got .236 bhp and 210 lbft torque well pleased with that thats an increase of 36 bhp and more important over 50 lbft of torque roadtested car and wow pulls really well and acceleration is awesome just touch throttle and instant response .heres the dyno before and after.

what did you guys manage on your compressors before and after

nice numbers dude,

i think kangzy was aroune 235bhp with roughly same ammount of torque, william had sort of the same aswell. nice consistent numbers and you must be loving it ;)

Nice one dude. Looks beastly and has the performance to back it up aswell! :thumbsup:

Awesome mate, intercooler looks like a good size aswell as fits with the bumper really well

Good number their pretty much the same as mine. Glad ur happy with the results :-)

cheers been a lot of hard work but looks like payed off .

next project bonnet scoop already on with it !!

got scoop already laid it on and it going to look good.

Nice work, its defo paid off. The SP upgrade is amazing everytime i drove kangzys car or sit in williams its such a huge step up to the standard compressor, Its weird because the standard compressor feels very flat and tame. I remember when i first drove kangzys car and he first sat in mine due to the lift my car felt quicker than his comp.

His standard compressor vs me was pretty much even, after the SP upgrade though there was a big difference.

Nice idea on the bonnet scoop to stop the heatsoak on the supercharger. It should look mint!

And your cars black ;) best colour !

very impressive chap.. intercooler looks spot on!!

i miss my compressor...

very impressive chap.. intercooler looks spot on!!

i miss my compressor...

SHAUN!!!! where hav u been? havnt heard from u for AGES. Sorry for going off topic lol

cheers for the coments well plese had to take idle air controll valve off and clean it started stalling but seems ok at the moment priced a new one 240 quid wow where do these prices come from.

Yeh i had the exact same problem, but i decided to buy a brand new idle aircontrol valve and i swear i paid £290 for a new one from Mr T :-S

Atleast i hav a spear one now. How u finding the fuel economy? costs me a fotune and i dnt even drive the car hard

cheers for the coments well plese had to take idle air controll valve off and clean it started stalling but seems ok at the moment priced a new one 240 quid wow where do these prices come from.

Yeh i had the exact same problem, but i decided to buy a brand new idle aircontrol valve and i swear i paid £290 for a new one from Mr T :-S

Atleast i hav a spear one now. How u finding the fuel economy? costs me a fotune and i dnt even drive the car hard

been away so not really used it alot just finished cleaning it so might give it a run see if idle is ok .

Those IACVs are a pain, i didnt attempt to clean williams but i assumed when i looked at his TB it would have been very mucky as wills throttle body had alot of build up in it. I have a spare IACV but i need to drill the bolts out of it when william needed one i couldnt drill it out as i had injured my hand.

I used cotton buds and contact cleaner on it, My idle has been perfect since.

Let us know how it goes thumbsup.gif

seems ok now idles a bit higher than before .are you having to drill the screws out because they have rounded off if so i no wot u mean i took throttle body right of and did manage to get all screws out but was a real struggle ended up getting mole grips on screws once they moved it was ok .cleaned all out with carb cleaner and oil the linkage up inside as it seemed to be sticking when the cleaner had taken all the residue out so bit of oil then it was nice and smooth again.see how long it lasts if need be will have to splash out on a new one

Williams did that to dude when we cleaned his TB, We didnt touch the iacv, if the idle doesnt re adjust which it should do as its controlled by the ecu then youll defo need a new iacv. Should be sitting comfortable at 800rpm when fully warmed.

It is a ballache to remove those screws, i dont understand why toyota didnt use better bolts for the IACV, i did a DIY and was going to post it but didnt have time. I have done about 3 iacv's and all of them i had to drill the bolts out in the end as they always seize or round off.

Good stuff on removing them, i tried mole grips but mine were not budging at all. crybaby.gif

Once out though i was a happy man LOL. used the same method card cleaner/contact cleaner cleaned it properly, Should be fine though if its a problem i would say grab a new one and you should be good to go thumbsup.gif

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody.

I'm new :).

In the start: i am from Poland so sory for my english... is not pertfect :)

I Have a Toyota Corolla TS Compressor (224 HP version) and i wan't to install FMIC on it.

And here is the problem now: when i install the IC i must do something whit the ECU or not ??

Greeting from Poland for everybody :thumbsup:

And i have a K&N Typhoon intake (dedicated)... Maybe i must change the position of intake for more air in high RPM when i install the IC??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links