Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Madvinegar's Corolla

madvinegar

Thanks for your kind words. Indeed I try to keep a low profile as I am also using it as a family and business car.

It is also very nice to be "underestimated" on the trafic light by some "Wilco" cars, and then they try to find what hit them... hehehehehehe :thumbsup:

I have to improve my english abbreviations knowledge... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

:) nice corolla!

great results happen, with personal engagement !! :toast:

Thanxxxxxxxx!!!! :toast::yahoo::thumbsup:

Have you seen the dyno results as well? :eek:

• 1 month later...

Some more photos with the Hekos on...

12032011562.jpg

12032011563-1.jpg

12032011555-1.jpg

12032011554.jpg

Lovely mate, I think there are a few small things that you can do to really help it along.

*Paint the Chrome around the front grill either the same blue as the car or black

*Get a Compressor rear bumper

*Paint the innerds of the Head lamps in satin black

*Lower the front a little more

If you were to make much larger steps then it'd look awesome with the side-repeaters removed and the panel smoothed, including the VVTL-i stickers.

It's looking great as she is, but they're a few small things you may want to look into! :thumbsup:

KP

Lovely mate, I think there are a few small things that you can do to really help it along.

*Paint the Chrome around the front grill either the same blue as the car or black <--- personaly i say his chrome front looks great unless hes gunna mesh it then i agree

*Get a Compressor rear bumper <---- i tried this and found its next to impossible unless u buy from mr T and have to morgage the house to afford it

*Paint the innerds of the Head lamps in satin black <--- not an easy job

*Lower the front a little more <-- caution speed bumps

If you were to make much larger steps then it'd look awesome with the side-repeaters removed and the panel smoothed, including the VVTL-i stickers. <--- would make car illegal on UK and greek roads

It's looking great as she is, but they're a few small things you may want to look into! :thumbsup:

KP

my thinking on KPs sugestions :)

haha I never said it would be easy! :P

They Repeaters can be moved to the Mirrors, it's a big change and a lot of graft but it looks awesome, and as for the other bits and pieces, it all depends on how much you are willing to put into your car. For some, it's much more than others. :thumbsup:

No criticism though, it's a lovely 'rolla, but they are some styling alterations that could be great.

KP

+1 for painting the chrome around the grill.

i sat smoke the repeaters and remove the vvti stickers :)

looks very nice though, i personally like the original rear bumper

*Paint the Chrome around the front grill either the same blue as the car or black

*Get a Compressor rear bumper

*Paint the innerds of the Head lamps in satin black

*Lower the front a little more

If you were to make much larger steps then it'd look awesome with the side-repeaters removed and the panel smoothed, including the VVTL-i stickers.

KP

First of all, thank you all for your nice comments. Critisism is very well accepted when it comes in the form of an honest opinion.

As regards the front grill, I want to find a grill from a "terra" version or a Tsport (which do not have the chrome) so as to replace it. I do not want to paint it as I don't think the result will be nice. So, this is already in my plans, as soon as I find a replacement grill.

The rear bumper of the compressor looks great but it is impossible and too expensive to find one. For the time being I was thinking of installing a set of rear mud flaps. What is our opinion about that?

The front head light will not be messed by me because I will destroy them. Only if I had a second set to experiment. I wish there was something ready on the market to buy.

As for the lowering, the roads in Greece are terrible. The car is lowered 3 to 3,5cm (tte springs with Kayaba AGX) and still I get the front lip touching the ground in various places. I wish I could lower it 6cm (it would look fantastic) but then I would also have to replace my spine with robocop's to endour the pain... hahahaha

So...

My thinking is:

1) Replace the front grill with a terra version or T-sport version.

2) Install a set of rear mud flaps.

3) Take off the side vvti decalls.

4) Take off the rear "corolla" decalls.

5) Probably take off the side door trims (?) There is fear of leaving difference in colour behind...

Can I have your opinion about the above?

Thanks!

Your plans sound good to me, I would worry that the side trims might leave a different shade of paintwork. You could always try taking one off giving it a good clean and see how it looks. If not good then you only have to replace one piece of trim to put it right, if all OK then you know you can do the rest

Your plans sound good to me, I would worry that the side trims might leave a different shade of paintwork. You could always try taking one off giving it a good clean and see how it looks. If not good then you only have to replace one piece of trim to put it right, if all OK then you know you can do the rest

i agree with that, very unliekly to be a difference in colour though as modern paint doesnt suffer from fading as the old stuff used to ( my red car has turned pink issues ) but even if there is a very slight difference a bit of t-cut and a good polish shoudl sort that. :)

btw richiev is selling a C-one mess grille if you really want to change yours.

If you put the 1.8 pistons the engine works just fine at a normal compression. Some friends of mine have kept their 1.4 or 1.6 pistons to get higher compression but you definitely need reprogramming of the ECU if you do that because the engine will not work well...

You can also change your fuel injectors and put the 1.8 ones, but again you need reprogramming of the ECU.

Who said it "the engine not works well" ? I am interesting. My engine has some problem too.

Cel: P0420 and other, knocking in the 95 octane gas.....

Maybee I need the 1.8L pistons and rings.

Have you done the same thing like me? Oversized your engine? Have you installed 1zz crankshaft and connecting rods but kept the 4zz pistons?

As you said, you will then be experiencing knocking in the 95 octane gas.

Plus you will not get the HP output that you could get with the 1.8 pistons.

Together with me, in the dyno day, came an oversized E12 with 1.4 pistons (just to compare). Apart from the fact the in the low revs he had black smoke coming out of the exhaust (4th gear in and low revs), his HP and torque charts were constantly significantly below my charts (and with much more "turbulence").

He did not experience any check engine error code though (maybe only if the quality of the gas is very poor but after refilling the tank with good 100 octane gasoline, the check engine light is erased).

This is caused because if you keep the 1.4 pistons you get very high compression. The ECU cannot deal with such high compression and cuts out when needed to protect the engine.

With the 1.8 pistons you do not experience any problems like this. The engine works just fine with 95 octane gasoline. However, even I am planning to reprogram the ECU at some point because I can squeeze about 10hp and 1-1,5 kilogram of torque more out of the engine.

Yes, 2 years ago my engine was rebuilded. But with origin 4ZZ piostons.

I use 1.8 L Celica injectors, Celica 1ZZ exhaust and intake manifolds and 1.8L butterfly and

K&N direkt air filter.

My original Bosch ECU not flashed this is impossible that i use Greddy emanage ultimate.

I

1ZZ donor block:

image-3239_4D81ED77.jpg

1ZZ donor crankshaft, rods and pistons

image-371B_4D81ED77.jpg

My 4ZZ block:

image-1215_4D81ED77.jpg

My 4ZZ crankshaft, rods and pistons:

image-4A66_4D81ED77.jpg

My 4ZZ exhaust manifold with cat.

image-26C9_4D81ED77.jpg

My Celica'S exhaust manifold.

image-14A5_4D814EBC.jpg

Nice !!!!!!

I kept my 4zz block!

Anyway, the Bosh ECU can be reprogrammed! This is how I will do it (and many others have done it).

The Denso ECU cannot be reprogrammed this is why they use parallel ECU.

Have you dyno tested your car?

Nice !!!!!!

I kept my 4zz block!

Anyway, the Bosh ECU can be reprogrammed! This is how I will do it (and many others have done it).

The Denso ECU cannot be reprogrammed this is why they use parallel ECU.

Have you dyno tested your car?

Yes I kept my 4ZZ cranks and rods too.

I have dont tested in dyno yet.....

Only 0-100 km/h it is about 9 sec.

But I plan the rebiuild again with 1ZZ pistons and rings.

Maybe here is

13101-22020 oem number

"98-08 / 1.8L TOYOTA COROLLA CELICA GT MATRIX

1794cc, 4 CYL DOHC 16V / 1ZZFE

Brand New NPR Pistons with Rings (MADE IN JAPAN) "

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-99-1-8-L-TOYOTA-COROLLA-NPR-PISTONS-RINGS-1ZZFE-/160508403220?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255f0bde14

Is this really good ????

I cannot express my opinion about the eBay link you gave me because I bought brand new all the parts. OEM from a TOYOTA dealer. Brand new 1zz pistons, crankshaft and connecting rods, rings etc etc.

So it was like doing a full rebuild in the engine. After the oversizing, the engine was like it had 0 kilometers... :thumbsup:

I only bought used the throttle body and the intake manifold (out of an MR2).

I am now planning to install an 1zz exhaust manifold, maybe 1zz fuel injectors and then reprogram the ECU...

Then dyno test again to see the results... :toast:

Yes I kept my 4ZZ cranks and rods too.

I have dont tested in dyno yet.....

Only 0-100 km/h it is about 9 sec.

Hmm, that's not so impressive after all the work you did I think?

With my 1.4 D4D (diesel), i'm going from 0 - 100 km/h in 10.5 secs, only having straight exhaust piping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9s4uONtWUA

Grtz

I cannot express my opinion about the ebay link you gave me because I bought brand new all the parts. OEM from a TOYOTA dealer. Brand new 1zz pistons, crankshaft and connecting rods, rings etc etc.

So it was like doing a full rebuild in the engine. After the oversizing, the engine was like it had 0 kilometers... :thumbsup:

I only bought used the throttle body and the intake manifold (out of an MR2).

I am now planning to install an 1zz exhaust manifold, maybe 1zz fuel injectors and then reprogram the ECU...

Then dyno test again to see the results... :toast:

Yes.

I do not always like it on eBay.

But I asked the local Toyota dealer for pricing.

Celica Piston: 120 euro / piece = 500 euro (4 pieces)

13101-22032

Piston ring set: 240 euro.

13011-22150

Én se mindig szeretem az ebayt.

De megkérdeztem az itteni Toyota kereskedőt az árakról.

Celica dugattyú: 120 euro /darab

13101-22032

Gyűrűszett: 240 euro.

13011-22150

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links