Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Madvinegar's Corolla

madvinegar

Yes this seems to be the correct throttle body. Just to be sure, prefer to find one from the British market (eBay.co.uk) rather than the american market. There is a chance in America the 1zz engines to be slightly different.

Nice car you have there! The rims look great together with the lowering! :thumbsup:

Yes, I meant 3zz headgasket. I just had in mind my car... :rolleyes:

In any case you should use the standard headgasket your car is using since you will not be changing the engine's header. Although I believe that the part number of the headgaskets for 4zz and 3zz must be the same... :lol:

haha, yes.

I expect its the same headgasket, but i will bye the headgasket (new) to 3zz engine.

Ofcourse. The headgaskets can be used only one time. You have to buy a new one.

1-2 pics more...

I have also installed the rear mud guards which look great. I am just waiting to find the opportunity (and the money) to paint the front and rear bumper, including the mud guards same colour as the rest of the car.

IMAG0036-1.jpg

Good pictures, Love it!!

You should paint the grill in black, like i did. That makes allot of difference on the visuals on these type of cars! :D

you should alsow get yellow fog lights or as i did, bye yellow wrap from eBay! by doing that, you can see the fog lights allot better when the lights isnt on! :)

True!

I am trying to find a grill from a terra edition of E12 (which didn't have the chrome strip around it) so as to replace mine!

Also, I really want to turn the fog lights to yellow, but I don't know exactly how to do it! Do you have a picture of your car so I can see?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I changed today my front brake pads with Ferrodo premier ones.

I also changed all the brake fluid with DOT.4, because I have seen from the dealer's invoices that the smart guys in TOYOTA have replaced it with DOT 5.1.

As you are probably aware, at least my corolla which is JTD, came from Japan with Dot4 brake fluid. The guys in TOYOTA insist on replacing this fluid with DOT 5.1 as the latter is a newer version.

The problem is that Dot 5.1 does not work for our cars. Braking is not performed so well. The jap lab guys know better!

I changed it back to Dot4 and all is well again... :thumbsup:

i dont have pictures of my foglights, but i can take some and post it her by tomorrow!

Its really easy to make yellow foglights, i did it in just few minuttes.

i bought exaclty these one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Head-Tail-Side-Mirror-Light-Film-24-x24-yellow-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efff48291QQitemZ270582186641QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just dismount the foglights, and wash them with som anti-bacterial and some toilett paper, then you cut out the size you need from the light film sheet and stick it on the fog light, start at one end and use your fingers to sqeeze out the air between the film and the lens on the foglight.

Make sure you do not touch the side of the sheet thats got the sticky thing on, because that will leave fingerprints :P

''I am trying to find a grill from a terra edition of E12 (which didn't have the chrome strip around it) so as to replace mine!''

Thats nice, hope you find one, so that i could bye one to! :D

Upload them on www.photobucket.com and copy-paste the %7Boption%7D links here.

• 2 weeks later...

A little HD tampered photo... :lol:

IMAG0037-1-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

It was Monday afternoon, and I decided to give the corolla a good clean. I prepared all the necessary stuff (sponges, water hose, bucket, car shampoo etc.) and as I was going to get started... my son told me that he was very eager to help.

So I gave him a little sponge and the fun started... We became wet from head to toe and it was night-time before he managed to finish but we had the laugh of our life. :lol:

wash1.jpg

wash3.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash4.jpg

wash6.jpg

wash7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

damn awesome man looking great, and d boy must be a Corolla fan now :P haha

Mmm, small suggestion is the rims you have are nice though I think Sports Bronze/Gold would look better? Just an opinion :)

Mine's still in the process of getting some mods, though everything slowly as money is a bit of a problem at these times :/

Thanks for the nice comments! The boy is a huge corolla fan and he is very eager to drive the car (even if he cannot reach the pedals... :lol: )

As for the rims, I am thinking of replacing them with the CTS ones, just to keep an OEM look. I will see...

Hmm, I was looking at something like these as we have the same car colour, dark blue =D:

ce28n-17-gd-3_l.jpg

or

file_354_1.jpg

I think they should look beautiful :)

or else like those in Black or White?

speedy__litefin_hyperblack_10.jpg

speedy__lite_silvergloss_12.jpg

speedy__lite8_blackgloss_12.jpg

15_Inch_BK_Racing_849_Alloy_Wheels__PI_681_130_134_943_943_303.jpg

prorace1white.jpg

Wow... they all look great. What size are you thinking? 16", 17" ??

P.S.: Dark Blue is the best colour for an E12. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking 17" 215/40/17 as 18" are too expensive, although a set of 17" here in Malta costs about €1000-€1400

And yes I like it's blue, although I was considering spraying it the S edition Corolla, but still don't know cause I'm out of cash right now xD

20110503053807_corolla%20e12%20von%20links.jpg

I think it look beautiful in that colour but what about engine bay painting and so could cost me a fortune =/

TBH, I prefer to stay with 16" so as not to lose any of the car's performance.

Also I think that dark blue looks better. It's more serious/"angry" than the light blue of the S edition corolla.

We have to do some photoshopping with the gold rims to see how they look! :lol:

You're right. Yeah but I think 16inch will be a bit 'small' don't you think? I'm sure I will put 17" on my car :) I don't think you will loose much performance

P.S. Surprise for us :D

2s7uvjm.jpg

k4dl5e.jpg

Not a perfect edit but I think it's fine :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links