Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor?

corolla_tsport_54

one question i would like to put out, the compressor has c-one lightned fly and trd clutch, it makes a "tinny" noise on start up has anyyone else experienced this, Good or Bad??? thanks for all the replies guys, gotta love the toyota owners helpfulness

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corolla_tsport_54

• Clawliger

• reidy

• Bong Water

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me it sounds like you want the compressor more than the Subaru and your looking for an excuse to get it :P

Its your money and if that's what you want, get it :)

It doesn't make sense financially though, not from your point of view anyway, anyone who buys it will be getting a great deal lol :lol:

Its probably just flywheel chatter. Pretty common with lightweight flywheels and uprated clutches. My fidanza/nippon does it.

yes mate that is kinda what im doin lol. i allways looked at compressors and thought i want one! now i have a chance...

is flywheel noise bad then?? any worries or just noise?

Its just noise usually due to surface differences. Google 'lightweight flywheel chatter'. If you search on 9thgencorolla.com theres a few threads on it. It normally goes when the engine is warm.

thats what the guy who owns it told me, not that i doubt him as he seem a very genuine guy - just never come across it before! will defo research it, do lightened flywheels make adifference at all?

Yerp. You wont notice the loss of.inertia on a compressor as much. But the car revs up much free'er and they seem to pull harder.

so good good then it also has c-one rear brace ont it i assume this is rear strut so should be stiffer. car is amazing and from mr t similar ones are arounsd 7500 - 8k so on thagt bombshell im not losing that much on scooby spendings...

I prefer the compressor. Rarer car. The whine is pretty immense when you fit an open induction kit to it. Did he say it was a strut brace or an anti-roll bar?

:thumbsup: the guy just said c-one rear brace im assuming he means strut?? seems like an awesome machine, the previous owner was a head technician for toyota so has been looked after it wwas serviced in june 2010, but car has only done 2000 miles since!

They are pretty good cars. A few vids on youtube of them. Iirc the ogura charger it uses has an electromagnetic clutch on its pulley so it isnt allways on. I think it disengages on light throttle. Dont take that as gospel tho. I just remember reading it somewhere.

iv'e read that somewhere too, as someone had trouble changing the pully for a smaller one, im pretty sure that i will get it now as you only live once eh? i can say ive done the scoob phase now and yurn for my baby t sport back! hopefully all goes along as it should. only prob is car is a 6 hour drive away :crybaby:

Where you from/heading to? You wont feel lift like in the tsport but it is there. Nice and smoothed out. Silverstone Performance used to offer a big tuning package which included a smaller pulley if you get in touch with them they may be able to help.

i live near norwich norfolk and would be going up to virtually newcastle so long day lol :thumbsup: , but then again i did drive to st tropez in my last ts for nearly 18hrs straight!!!

looking forward to it! turbo there, supercharger back lol just hope i make the right move! my mind has been fried over this decision :blowup:

Well. Scoobys are very common place imo. If your thinking of tuning the compressor aftermarket support is next to nothing tbh. But.if its just to save money then go for it.

tbh i wouldnt touch the compressor - leave it well alone, i am looking to get out of spending loads on a car to get no return, to get a quite new reliable car thats not as bad on fuel as the scooby but will still nail a civic type r! god i dislike type r's! lol

Only reason i dont like type r's is because there everywhere. But they are brilliant cars. And i wouldnt say it would 'nail' a type r. All hot hatchs are similair in real world conditions. But the type r driver sure would be pisses.

i test drove a couple of ep3 type r's last week and they felt guttless and plasticky inside. i used to dream of having one but compared to the corolla i found that it felt slower and also not a nice to drive!

My mate has an ep3 type r with cat back.and aem induction the facelift so it has the lighter flywheel.

My t-sport has a custom intake with cat-back, lightweight flywheel and mwr lightweight pulleys with mwr short shift. And i sit on his bumper every track we have been on together and get.past.him more often than not

oh dont get me wrong they do cerainly shift, and i used to allways want one but i was shocked at how bad it felt compared to the rolla. i think there will always be a which is faster between these two cars but they are virtually identical and having driven both i would take a ts anyday ok handling may not be quite as good (arguable) but 100% i'd have the ts.

bhp per cc isnt it the most powerfull anyway?? lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links