Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Utter Poor Fuel Efficiency

del_piero_3

The DPF is definitely a cause of the MPG issues some people have had, but its odd that some people are getting terrible readings, and others (like myself) are returning a fair MPG range. On the topic of DPF, i have yet to see any obvious signs of mine regenerating.

I still think that the type of fuel being used could be an issue.

The DPF is definitely a cause of the MPG issues some people have had, but its odd that some people are getting terrible readings, and others (like myself) are returning a fair MPG range. On the topic of DPF, i have yet to see any obvious signs of mine regenerating.

I still think that the type of fuel being used could be an issue.

Well I never seen any signs of our regenerating until around 3 weeks before we got rid and then saw this twice within a few days, I tried using other fuels and even paid more for Shell diesel for 6 tanks in a row to not notice any difference at all. What I can say is mpg dropped like a lead balloon around Nov 2009 which I put down to the cold weather but the best MPG we ever managed driving like a vicar from then was around 42mpg and to be honest I found by around Oct 2010 we struggled to get 35mpg no matter how we drove. It was around January 2011 I first noticed a DPF burn after 2 years of ownership and will say I once sat on the M1 for 10minutes with a constant 3500rpm to give the engine / exhaust a good blow out before dropping the revs back to the usual 1800rpm and nothing we ever did seemed to make any difference in the end.

I personally think there was a problem with something on the car but Toyota assured me it was fine but the figures did not make sense and also told us otherwise, then when I started seeing the DPF burns that we had never noticed before then we thought that maybe its time to get shut. I also checked the water levels and oil for signs of head gasket problems but at 40k I would not expect this and there was no obvious signs of any problems other than the lower than expected MPG.

My '08 2.2 would also do nearly 48mpg on a run, even using cruise and a/c.

Normal driving would get me around the 44 mpg mark.

In the year I had it, I did 24,000 miles at an overall average of 45.3mpg, It had 2 dealer services and nothing else.

I was very happy with it to be honest

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links