Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Update A Bit More Done!

dangermooser

Sorry I just reread what I wrote, I mean if I start the new job in October i will be fine for JAE! :smackhead:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dangermooser

• KPARRIS-JONES

• mr-p

• Seani89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick update without photos unfortunately.

My Whiteline ARB is now on and my god what a difference its made :o

The handling has tightened right up and virtually eliminated all of the roll that I had grown used to. Probably the single best mod I have done yet :yahoo:

So can I assume that the handling improvement was more noticeable than when you fitted lowering springs? What other suspension mods have you made?

Its a while since lowering the suspension, this was done to improve the handling and the aesthetics of the car. In terms of the arb I feel like its the finishing touch to the overall handling in that it complements the other work done. Is it more noticeable than when the car was lowered? I would say that its probably on par, however I expected a big difference when I lowered it and didn't expect much of a difference in normal day to day driving from fitting the arb. It was noticeable immediately when we drove off even for my mate who was sat in the passenger seat!

The only other mod that I have done is to put a front strut brace on from the face lift t sport but if funds allow I will soon get a TRD one to replace it

Its a while since lowering the suspension, this was done to improve the handling and the aesthetics of the car. In terms of the arb I feel like its the finishing touch to the overall handling in that it complements the other work done. Is it more noticeable than when the car was lowered? I would say that its probably on par, however I expected a big difference when I lowered it and didn't expect much of a difference in normal day to day driving from fitting the arb. It was noticeable immediately when we drove off even for my mate who was sat in the passenger seat!

The only other mod that I have done is to put a front strut brace on from the face lift t sport but if funds allow I will soon get a TRD one to replace it

Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm sure I'm not the first, but should you find yourself in the situation of having a spare strut brace taking up garage space then let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands!!

Have owned my T Sport just over a month and really enjoying it, but as has been said many times before on here the handling really could do with being sorted. I'd like to follow the flock in getting the customary 30mm drop on springs and a replacement rear ARB much like yourself to tighten up the handling. Did you also replace shocks or leave as standard?

I !Removed! love this engine in the T Sport, but having just sold my Peugeot 306 XSi 16v to fund the purchase of the 'Rolla I am finding it's handling characteristics leaving quite a lot to be desired. Apart from that, I find that the 'Rolla is a far superior car in every department.

Shocks have been left as standard as they were pretty much like new and they can handle the drop with no problems. In terms of performance and handling I am now pretty much happy.....handling being the main issue when I bought it. The car is now how it should have been from factory in my humble opinion, but maybe having the sticker bombing as an optional extra ;)

Tow hooks have arrived :yahoo:

Rear one dead easy to get on the front will take a bit of my mates 'magic' a couple of pics

DSC_3707_1665.jpg

DSC_3716_1668.jpg

Just need to get the scratch sorted :censor:

Nice one man!

I thought I would be "unique" with that tow hook I ordered, which already happened 2 months ago, but now everybody seems to do it before me :P

Looks very good :D

Grtz

Nice one man!

I thought I would be "unique" with that tow hook I ordered, which already happened 2 months ago, but now everybody seems to do it before me :P

Looks very good :D

Grtz

Thanks, I ordered mine about 2 months ago but was let down by the first seller and then it has taken ages to come from the second, can't wait to get the front tow hook fitted though should look cool

Hehe.

Can I ask you if you ordered it in the "Xrezone" shop?

Because I ordered mine over there and they also got problems with the parts who need to go from the USA store to the UK.

If not, where did you? :D

Btw, I'm not going to install the front hook, can't find a good spot for it, or I need to drill in the bumper grill :P

Grtz

Hehe.

Can I ask you if you ordered it in the "Xrezone" shop?

Because I ordered mine over there and they also got problems with the parts who need to go from the USA store to the UK.

If not, where did you? :D

Btw, I'm not going to install the front hook, can't find a good spot for it, or I need to drill in the bumper grill :P

Grtz

Yes mate thats the one who let me down, you won't get your stuff the guy lies, afaik he never even ordered them telling me they had been damaged.......look at his feedback and the fact he has stopped selling!!! Make a claim and get your money back is my advice.

BTW the front hook will be fitted on mine I am just having a bracket fashioned to be able do it

Oh damn, well I've contacted eBay, I hope they will refund it... thanks for telling!

Hehe, I've tried to put my first front tow hook on the rolla, through the grille.

I don't know if I should keep it on actually :P

Check my topic to see :D

Grtz

I have seen it, positioning is good I like it but I would personally prefer the single piece aluminium one, I think it would look better....however thumbs up for doing it :thumbsup:

Oh damn, well I've contacted ebay, I hope they will refund it... thanks for telling!

Hehe, I've tried to put my first front tow hook on the rolla, through the grille.

I don't know if I should keep it on actually :P

Check my topic to see :D

Grtz

Just a quick update the guy on eBay is no longer registered as a user......hope you get your cash back, you should do if you paid through paypal :thumbsup:

I've paid with paypal indeed, but waited longer than 45 days after payment.

And that's the limit they answer me, so I can't get it back :(

Thanks anyway man.

Grtz

• 2 weeks later...

Planning has started to get the car looking as nice as possible for JAE, next weekend the front bumper is coming off to make way for these nice new shinies (pic below) along with an array of new bulbs, The grille area that is painted black is to be rubbed down and repainted. Fogs (I think) are going to have LEDS fitted and I am going to remove the yellow tint. While the bumper is off the ballasts are to be re positioned so they aren't visible.

DSC_3731_1669_edited-1.jpg

I am hoping that while the front end is exposed we might be able to work out a way of fixing the front tow hook too.

We also have some sticker work for the car but these will be put on the day before JAE and removed just after

Hello there, you live you around the corner from me. I have the baby T Sport, a Yaris in Thunder Grey. I really want the yellow fogs you have. How have u done this? Spray or film?

I did them with spray :thumbsup:

Is yours thunder grey too, just wondering as I saw someone the other day in a nice one on the main road round ours near the bargain booze :thumbsup:

Yes mate. That was me! I spotted you to reversing to turn around. Pretty standard at the moment. De badged rear. Matt black front badges. Powerflow backbox. Got some nice plans for it though. what paint did you use? They look cool on your corolla.

I can't remember the paint I used tbh but will have a look and let you know, if you fancy meeting up at some point I only live a stones throw down the main road, we can exchange a few ideas. Your motor looked nice, like what you have done so far :thumbsup:

Yeah mate. A little meet up sounds good. Would be good to hear a few ideas from your self! Corolla T Sport was my 1st choice but insurance was a killer, so went for the Yaris instead! Drop me a message on here or a text 07825838533 would like to have a closer look at your T Sport. Maybe get a few ideas!

Sean

Cool will give you a bell later, you can see our new project too that we got yesterday before the mods start on that :thumbsup:

BTW the Yaris T Spt looks cool and you have the right colour to start with

Ok mate. Look forward to it. Hope the new project is Jap aswell :)

It certainly is and a Toyota at that!

If you are knocking around later you should call round and you can see her before the modding starts :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links