Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressors

LAA69

Why are you so serious on here? It's unlike any other forum I'v been on. Need to just lighten up a bit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• LAA69

• Uber_Luke

• Adam-Up

Any forum that is seen to "allow" talk of people being completely idiotic on public roads is leading itself wide open for all sorts of trouble from the authorities.....

There have been prosecutions in the past after people have posted their exploits on internet forums....

TOC will not be seen to condone this, hence the above warning....

If you look through my posts you'll see i'm usually 'chilled' and er, 'light'? unsure.gif:lol:

I don't mind banter but there is a line... if it's crossed threads get binned and peeps get banned.... simples!

;)

:lol:

If i'm honest this seems to be a recurring thing on here...

Your comment of going to race a van i took as a joke because of how the convo was going but things seemed to have escalated from there!

If peeps want to post about actual events on public roads that's entirely up to them.... but it does go against the T&C's they agreed to on signing up... and they'd get banned.

This type of convo always keeps coming back, someone posts something, they get warned, people moan.... but they still come back to the forum ;)

But before this thread gets ridiculous lets remember what it's all about.....

LAA69 has no taste!! :P :lol:

;)

Any forum that is seen to "allow" talk of people being completely idiotic on public roads is leading itself wide open for all sorts of trouble from the authorities.....

There have been prosecutions in the past after people have posted their exploits on internet forums....

I think people should be allowed to talk about what they like on forums thats what they're there for. If they say they've been racing around on public roads and the authorities bust them for it, then so what?, thats they're problem?. B)

lmao seems to be the theme at the moment. Just type into google boy racer convicted with posts from forum and you will see what can happen. We all like to drive our cars the way they were supposed to be. They dont rev to 8200 for no reason but at the end of the day it is illegal so just keep it for the pub not recorded for all to see on the forum. And as for being able to talk about whatever it still brings the club into disrepute if some one goes out and kills a child, then the cops look on toc and see loads of posts about racing and speeding! Then shut the club down and we will have no where to chat and discuss our cars :)

Don't forget boys this is a toyota owners club, its pretty much the offical toyota forum, they have a duty to uphold about what goes down on the forum. Racing/speeding on roads is illgal even thought most of us do/have done it, but we wouldn't be happy with people taking about drugs, fighting etc

Different kettle of fish but still all illgal.

norfolk is pretty laid back about most stuff and he's just doing his job

I have got a private road though, im not sure why I cant mention it? It is mine and I will do with it or on it as i please :thumbsup:

How come I can not share that info on here? I never do however, its just a question....

I have got a private road though, im not sure why I cant mention it? It is mine and I will do with it or on it as i please :thumbsup:

How come I can not share that info on here? I never do however, its just a question....

There is a perfectly good reason, and it has been explained perfectly well IMHO. The terms and conditions box you ticked when you joined the club expressly forbid you to discuss illegal activity, there have been enough warnings issued on TOC and the fact you have a private road has nothing to do with it. Just like threads discussing illegal copies or downloads, or other illegal activity, it is likely you will be banned from using TOC without further notice, its in the rules, if you dont like it you need to move to a forum where they do allow it.....simples ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Who wants to hear about you driving on your private road??

lmao seems to be the theme at the moment. Just type into google boy racer convicted with posts from forum and you will see what can happen. We all like to drive our cars the way they were supposed to be. They dont rev to 8200 for no reason but at the end of the day it is illegal so just keep it for the pub not recorded for all to see on the forum. And as for being able to talk about whatever it still brings the club into disrepute if some one goes out and kills a child, then the cops look on toc and see loads of posts about racing and speeding! Then shut the club down and we will have no where to chat and discuss our cars :)

You make a very fair point mate! It doesn't really bother me either way as I have no intentions of posting up what speed I was doing here or there. Just thought that really the buck should or could stop with the person who is openly admitting to speeding on a particular road and they should be prepared to face the consequences for doing so. just my opinion. B)

There is a perfectly good reason, and it has been explained perfectly well IMHO. The terms and conditions box you ticked when you joined the club expressly forbid you to discuss illegal activity, there have been enough warnings issued on TOC and the fact you have a private road has nothing to do with it. Just like threads discussing illegal copies or downloads, or other illegal activity, it is likely you will be banned from using TOC without further notice, its in the rules, if you dont like it you need to move to a forum where they do allow it.....simples ;)

I fully agree with you there, Illegal activity should be discussed or condoned. All I was saying is that some people do have a private bit of land where they can legally do a bit of drag racing. As far as I am aware, this is not illegal but please correct me if I am wrong.

I was just replying to the "I dont want to hear it was a private road". This seems to indicate that whoever is saying this is a liar and they were infact on a public road. This is not always the case and im not sure how it can be proved otherwise. For example if I was to discuss what I did on my land then I dont think its illegal so I am not breaking any forum rules that I have signed up to and I will always fully adhere too as thats how you get the best out of forums.

However as pointed out who wants to hear about what I do on my land!! I have nothing more to say so I will wind my neck back in but please tell me if it is illegal to speed on my own land as I never do anyway!

if you have private property signs up and no public access signs up then who wil know? but its still a road and the highway code and the law still apply? if the police ever need evidence to back up their case all they have to do is log on and have a read! I cant say anything on the subject as i have no concept of speed lol. Best thing to do mate is not to say anything on here just in case :)It keeps everyone happy

LMAO literally, now that is one big bite ........ Sarcasm is my middle name..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :toast:

If nothing had been said about me joking about "racing a van" tui would have all been brushed under the carpet instead we get this.

Oh dear.

I reckon admin should just delete this post and let that be the end of it!! :censor:

When i made reference to "private road" it's because the majority of people say that when they actually mean a public road.... there will be very few users that actually have a private road.

Of course if a member does then there should be no reason why a TOC meet couldn't be arranged there surely? :P :lol: ;)

I'm not sure that "Private road" claptrap would stand up in court, just try a more serious offence such as drink driving and see where it gets you ( NO dont literally try it) of course being caught would be unlikely, the Police have enough to do on public roads, anyway, the comments made and TOC rules are what count here, not what somebodys interpretation of the law is

what happened to keeping the thread "on topic"

got totally bored of having to scroll through 2 pages of S***

After hearing several bad stories about the compressors falling apart(mainly chris), and shocks leaking, makes me think thats what the prices are reflecting, that as well as the MPG and insurance group rise, over the standard Tsport.

If i'm honest this seems to be a recurring thing on here...

Your comment of going to race a van i took as a joke because of how the convo was going but things seemed to have escalated from there!

If peeps want to post about actual events on public roads that's entirely up to them.... but it does go against the T&C's they agreed to on signing up... and they'd get banned.

This type of convo always keeps coming back, someone posts something, they get warned, people moan.... but they still come back to the forum ;)

But before this thread gets ridiculous lets remember what it's all about.....

LAA69 has no taste!! :P :lol:

;)

I have noticed this more and more Steve, I mean Gaz! Since becoming a mod you have changed, and now mentioning the T&Cs I have to say I am upset to see what you have become :P

Remember Gaz is only a muppet puppet for TOC, they own his soul! :lol:

That's two more added to the banning list!! :P

Bring it, I will ban you from brews when at mine in return!

That's harsh :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links