Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T-Sport Owner Advice Needed Please.

The Gent

Morning, Afternoon, and Evening guys/girls.

I have just bought a T-Sport Corolla on a 2002 plate, In black. (pictures to come soon) Nice car, I really like it. Handling needs improving (although this could be because we also own a DC2 type r) but not a big issue as normal roads are not made for driving like Rowan Atkinson.

I know this sounds strange, but does anyone else have a slight excessive fuel issue with their TS?

I can literally see the needle move on my T-sport while driving, £20 got me 60 miles and back on reserve from reserve.

It may just be me not used to the car, its got 54k mileage, in decent nick, and pulls well.

Any advice, my trip computer shows 30-32mpg with reasonably careful driving, although the needle plumments like its doing 20mpg.

I've used standard unleaded fuel also.

Thanks guys/girls, all feedback is welcome suggestions also.

Gent.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Gent

• Norfolk n Chance

• dangermooser

• blutto

Top Posters In This Topic

£20 will buy you between 3 to 3.5 gallons of fuel! Its feasable that if your light was on and had been for a while it wouldn't take that many miles until your light came on again, the easiest way to check your mpg would be to brim it, run it, brim it again and calculate usage. Most manufacturers trip computers are quite often out by a few mpg.

Also has the car been serviced recently, checked tyre pressures etc etc? All these could affect the mpg,

Thanks for the reply mate last serviced 4k ago, your right id have to full tank it and run 100m see what it costs to refuel. What mpg are you getting?

As said above, brim it and see what you get - I usually get about 300/320 miles from full until the light comes on

The fuel gauge is a bit strange in mine, I get 200 miles out of the first half of the tank, and only 100 out of the second,

I usually just reset the trip gauge, when ive done 300 miles, fill her up again

And welcome to the forums! :yahoo:

I get on average between 30 to 33 ish, if I go out for a blast in the country it will be lower (mid 20's) even keeping within the speed limits,on a long run I have got upto 38 but that was taking it very steady

Thank you rallyfan, dangermooser, have you guys fitted the typhoon by any chance? Should I buy it?

Ive got a typhoon fitted, no difference to fuel economy or performance; I bought it because it makes a nice sound, especially in lift!

I have a blitz panel filter and have also modded the airbox/air intake, sounds pretty much the same as an intake system but looks standard

Welcome to the club.

Might be worth giving the sensor in your maf a clean and checking your air filter.

I also suffer from the funnel shaped fuel tank. That top quarter doesn't wanna move but when the needle goes below half it really drops.

Glad your enjoying lift.

Luke

Thanks guys I appreciate the help n advice, il be ordering a typhoon next month pay day then the airbox is modded but standard filter :( , £175 typhoon lol not cheap, yep lift is great works differently to my dc2 vtec though, not as raw but certainly a harder kick. Luke is the funnel filter on prefacelifts?

Thanks guys I appreciate the help n advice, il be ordering a typhoon next month pay day then the airbox is modded but standard filter :( , £175 typhoon lol not cheap, yep lift is great works differently to my dc2 vtec though, not as raw but certainly a harder kick. Luke is the funnel filter on prefacelifts?

£175 for a typhoon?! :wacko:

Don't forget you'll have to extend your MAF sensor wires to avoid them snapping when you fit a Typhoon and it can can give your MAF sensor an oily coating due to it being an oiled filter so you will have to clean the sensor at some point.... Of course if you got an A'PEXi this causes no issues ;)

As for mpg £20 for 60 miles sounds about right to me.... i get that travelling too and from work.

Although i have noticed a difference between using different grades of petrol, seem to get a few more miles on super or v power :thumbsup:

I also suffer from the funnel shaped fuel tank. That top quarter doesn't wanna move but when the needle goes below half it really drops.

:lol:

This must be the same for all ts mine is the same as well :yes:

Mileage on a long run managed 42 mpg again keeping the speed down.

Welcome to the club have fun with the car :thumbsup:

Lol thanks guys again, where can I get a cheaper typhoon? I dnt fancy throwing £175 at it after that reaction norfolk lol. Im in the north west maybe a a fellow nw'ster can assist me fitting one. I've not had a chance to really enjoy lift yet, need to goto santa pod for a real go!

Maybe we need a Northern meet?

We have a full selection up here of Typhoon, Blitz & A'PEXi kits....

thumbsup.gif

Yeah, if we can arrange a meet, i'd book it off from work and I could pop down maybe someone could give me a hand with the typhoon or apexi? lol

not a bad idea.

just keep an eye on eBay there were 3 typhoons on last week under 100 bucks so you can find them pretty easy enough and yeah 300 mils to a tank is about right in mine also :)

I managed 367 mpg from my last tank three weeks ago and that was in lift quite often trying to maintain a high average speed, running with Miss Banzai club, doing the "Run for the Sun" from Lands End to Lowestoft,

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

and we got there 18 mins before sunrise as pics show,

So we completed it in the same time as Top gear did when JC was in the new Jag XJ

Well I have had this debate before when I was a newbie on this site and no one believed me then,

I can get easily without trying get 80-90 plus mpg from £20, I use Tesco Millenium 99ron fuel at £1.31 per litre

Damn it phil I envy you pal lol, I may start using vpower? 367 miles is mad!

thumbsup.gif

and don't forget Powertec, where in N/W are you?

367 mpg :o

was that downhill?

Thought something along those lines myself :lol:

367 driving it hard BS

thumbsup.gif

and do'nt forget Powertec, where in N/W are you?

Nah, only fools use Powertec...... :P

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links