Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back In The Fold Or Back In The Fray.............

anchorman

OK at long last I'm pleased to announce I'm back!!!

I found this 2010 (my favourite vintage) XT-R in a rescue centre up in Stockton on Tees. The poor thing was surrounded by Land Rovers and Range Rovers of all shapes and sizes - it was horrific and harrowing but Im sure with counselling and rehabilitation I can get it back on all four cylinders;

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

It has had a single owner since new and has now covered all of 6400 miles. It has lived at Saltburn on Sea and the chap had it as a second car hence the mileage. I have pored over every inch of the thing and it is as mint as it looks.

I know, I know, I had a perfectly good one and thought that I was being sensible by having something that had a lower value but truth be known, I simply didn't enjoy the Kia Soul as much and this feels like a perfect fitting shoe - the smell the sound and the sight of it :yahoo:

Anyway, I've had it since 9:00 am this morning and because of other commitments not been near the thing yet nor am I likely to before tomorrow afternoon. No doubt the fitment of any extra's will be chronicled over the coming months and this RAV is staying with me to grow old and even greyer together.

I must say that Stratstones were absolutely superb to deal with.

eeeeeeee!

Looks lovely, Enjoy!

Though wonder what they'll use to jump start all the Landies now..?

• Like 1

Nice one Don :thumbsup:

Doubtless the bumpers 'll be off for a liberal coating of Waxoyl before lunchtime tomorrow :rolleyes:

Just noticed the wheels - same as the ones I bought back in the summer.

Plan to fit them tomorrow ready for winter as the tyres are almost brand new.

[if winter ever comes down here - I cut a large Cherry tree down for a neighbour this morning and the tops were in bud :eek: ]

Edited by Davrav

wonder what they'll use to jump start all the Landies now..?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nice one. I am Biased but I think it's the best colour for a Rav 4.3. Looks mint in the pics. Any plans for side steps? I think the new ones look great on the 4.3.5

Looking fab mate. love the color. I'll bet you'll be wanting to buy that clutch kit back off me now! :lol:

Congratulations on your new arrival, Don. Looks really nice.

When's the christening??

Very............Very...........nice.

I'm afraid i just could'nt see you keeping a Kia for long Don :lol: it just wasn't you,you almost belong in a Rav4 :thumbsup:

I'm still not a fan of the 4.3 ( looks too car like for me )..but...great to see you back in true form.;)

This is for Anch's and the special relationship with his beloved RAV:

****CHEESE WARNING****

(I'd only sit through 10 seconds max of this. Any more and I for one start projectile vomiting) :sick: :sick:

Sorry, mate, couldn't resist. I'm sure you'll be very happy together. :yes:

Top Motor, for a top bloke :toast:

Brilliant thumbsup.gif.

And just like to say..............................................

Don, I know exactly where your coming from rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

NICE shoe matey,glad it fits so well :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:yahoo: Our top Ravstar is back amonst us and balance has been restored as well as faith in the future :yahoo:

At last we can all sleep soundly in our beds. :clap::clap:

Really pleased for you.Happy motoring :driving::driving:

Del

Quality, I,ve got a tear in my eye. Sooooooooo glad your back in the fold. That is one classy motor!!!!!!!!

Regards a filled up Clare :yahoo:

Well rescued Anchs :thumbsup:

Great looking motor and nice colour,same as the sister in laws but she has the darkened rear windows which look really good i think.

Can i ask why this is your favourite Rav?

You've got a top quality breed there . . .

I also bought my Rav 4 from a LandRover / RangeRover dealership and they were equally good to deal with.

re: Waxoyl . . . where should apply and in what form? Aerosol or sticky stuff

Sanity is restored :thumbsup:

Is it a post June 2010 5yr warranty model, not that you would need it of course :yahoo:

Yippee.....no more begging letters....he can dimantle his own Rav for a change....!!!!!

Relieved Kev :yahoo:

Editation....maybe he built this one partly from the missing bits of mine....?

Any plans for side steps? I think the new ones look great on the 4.3.5

Well not yet, the savings took a bit of a pasting and while anchorwoman seems quietly pleased (she missed the centre arm rest and the face level fresh air - all the excuse I needed!) I think she would probably kill me for fitting non-functional embelishments so the dust needs to settle first.

I'll bet you'll be wanting to buy that clutch kit back off me now! :lol:

Same as above - even more so for something that sits in a cupboard just in case :boxing::2guns::chair::death:

Don, I know exactly where your coming from rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Aye aye - what have we got here? More rumblings of a return to normality???

Well rescued Anchs :thumbsup:

Great looking motor and nice colour,same as the sister in laws but she has the darkened rear windows which look really good i think.

Can i ask why this is your favourite Rav?

It has the darkened glass Paul. This is my favourite version because it has the 150 engine which has to be experienced to know what I mean, the gearbox isn't flawless but as all with the rubber mountings it feels very acceptable. For me who arrives home from work with hands full of bags, boxes and 70 pockets, keyless entry is a boon and the seats in my opinion are nicer in the version than the current one let alone the looks. I was offered a 4k discount on a new one by my local dealer who just wanted to keep me (very flattering thanks RRG) but I simply didn't want it. I was however at RRG yesterday and while fiddling with a new SR it has dawned on me why we have the new front and the USA still has the same as my 10 plate. I'm pretty sure that addresses the NCAP weakness of 3 stars for euro nonsense of making it nice and cosy for a pedestrian to get run over - the bonnet is about 100mm longer and the nose is just a box section. Non of that rubbish in the USA.

re: Waxoyl . . . where should apply and in what form? Aerosol or sticky stuff

Perhaps a bit easier for me. I will no doubt be having the front and rear bumper off and spraying all underneath and all the box sections. I never used to bother until I saw underneath shcm's who's was completely free of surface rust. There is nothing going to fall apart under there but it just looks better. I believe he brushes it on but I have a compressor and a gun to spray the Schutz canisters. The tins are more cost effective but you could use aerosols for the difficult to reach places.

Is it a post June 2010 5yr warranty model, not that you would need it of course :yahoo:

No. It was registered 25/03/10. From April that year they started to offer either free 5 year servicing or free 5 year warranty. My quest for the last few weeks has been to find one that was registered between April and June when the facelift was launched but they are like hens teeth. So this has niether but I would not have it dealer serviced anyway although another couple of years warranty would have been nice.

We come back to me justifying this type and value of vehicle. In reality I doubt whether it will have done 30k when it is 5 years old and knowing my luck we won't get any snow ever again. However, I am lucky in that there are few jobs as secure as the railway. I haul my butt out of bed early every week day so I've decided I shall afford myself this vice knowing now how much I enjoyed the last one. It is just sumptious quality.

........... I haul my butt out of bed early every week day so I've decided I shall afford myself this vice knowing now how much I enjoyed the last one. It is just sumptious quality.

Hi Don,

Believe me, as someone who has just had a knee joint replaced, life is for living NOW - just make the best of it you can and enjoy every minute of it. Great to have you back fella :clap:

Superb Don !! Great colour !! Now break out the polish !!.............. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Superb Don !! Great colour !! Now break out the polish !!.............. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why should he break out the polish, Charlie...? If they have broken the law in this country, they should serve their sentence same as us Brits, no....? Anyway,... Oh sugar...sorry....wee misread there.....

Nit Kev :lol: WELCOME BACK THE GOOROO OF ALL THAT IS RAVful !!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Charlie

I was looking at those Evoques last week when at the RAV Rescue Centre (RRC).

You will need a periscope because there are only slots to look out of. Not my cup of tea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links