Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tire Pressure Monitoring System(Orange)

Marcos Ch

David I had a look at other TPMS monitors but the P409S seems to be one of the best after market "solutions" around

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• johnan

• marcandsebe

• Marcos Ch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David I had a look at other TPMS monitors but the P409S seems to be one of the best after market "solutions" around

Was joking because of the mirror, clock Ha Ha

David

Hi John

My Orange unit still hasn't arrived!!!!!

David

How annoying, hope you didn't pay too much for P & P!

Lets hope it arrives before the weekend, or you may have to wait until Monday.

Not good.

John

Ordered it from Amazon who farmed it out to who knows. Ah just found the e-mail £12.58 postage!!! and ship within 2-3 days. expected delivery 7th-29 Dec. Give up with this country. the company they farmed it out to probably have to get it from China. edited post was right

KULETONG TECH LTD in china apparently shipped on the 29th on a slow boat. If i get clobbered for import duty I won't be pleased. There was no warning of its location. It was Amazon UK not ,com. Quite fed up now. This drop shipping crap is not right.Edited again Just checked and that is the company selling them on eBay!!!. They also sell one that displays in the rearview mirror I wonder if Marcos knows about them

David

I deal with Demon Tweeks quite often for parts for other cars and I see they have the Tyresure Tpms for next day delivery.Bit more cost than e-bay but at least there is some comeback in case of problems. I think it is the same as the "Orange" one.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=1770&g=0&p=40157&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Motorsport

No use to you now unfortunately.

Is yours really coming from China?? Surely not???

John

Looks that way.Thing is how can the likes of Amazon expect you to buy an item at a price + postage and then expect you to have to pay import duty. Thats their job. The one you gave the link to does look like the orange one but badged with a different logo

David

Just now I got the joke David:-)! Please tell me what you think of the new position clock(pic uploaded)

I bought this TPMS from eBay a couple of weeks ago. I took it to a car shop to have it hardwired (David don't laugh at me please:-), I didn't know how to do it myself). I wanted to have the cigarette power supply socket available for my GPS or iPhone charger.

What about these, only £3 each

http://www.tyrepressuremonitors.com/index2.htm

I bought this TPMS from eBay a couple of weeks ago. I took it to a car shop to have it hardwired (David don't laugh at me please:-), I didn't know how to do it myself). I wanted to have the cigarette power supply socket available for my GPS or iPhone charger.

Bargain at £3

david

Bargain at £3

david

It is just too cold and windy to hang your head out of the window while you are driving along to try to keep an eye on them.

The passenger refuses point blank to look out of his/her window so you can only really monitor one set of tyres at a time.

Bit of a design flaw really...

(meant to be a joke...sorry)

Bargain at £3

david

It is just too cold and windy to hang your head out of the window while you are driving along to try to keep an eye on them.

The passenger refuses point blank to look out of his/her window so you can only really monitor one set of tyres at a time.

Bit of a design flaw really...

(meant to be a joke...sorry)

You could have scheduled service stops, and nominate a person (passenger) to have a look and to jot it down on their note pad the colours and you could analyse it back in the car. sorted

David

You could have scheduled service stops, and nominate a person (passenger) to have a look and to jot it down on their note pad the colours and you could analyse it back in the car. sorted

David

But if you didn't have a passenger you would be totally stuck...you would have to pull into a lay-by and wait for someone to come along to look at the valve caps...could take ages...another flaw...

John

David how many months are still left until your TPMS arrives? Or the boat maybe sunk? :-) I would be glad if you can show me with pics how to hardwire the display unit(the end of the USB wire that connects to it), you tried to explain it to me but couldn't quite follow:-(, sorry for being so ignorant

Here's one for you David. Do any of these TPMS's have a video out. Because I know you have a video connection for the iPhone. This could be used to display tyre pressure on the iQ's with Sat Nav, rather than have another ugly monitor display.

Here's one for you David. Do any of these TPMS's have a video out. Because I know you have a video connection for the iPhone. This could be used to display tyre pressure on the iQ's with Sat Nav, rather than have another ugly monitor display.

Sadly no.the output from the evaluating eprom drives the display either directly or indirectly it never gets encoder into a PAL signal..And its meant to be a visual alert, it would mean having the TNS510 on video input mode all the time

David

Its a miracle !!!!!! it has arrived!!! Firstly, it is far smaller than i thought Marcos's pictures were zoomed in. It is easy to find somewhere for it..This is for Marcos. The USB socket can be removed and discreet wiring fitted, in fact there are some gold tags on the edge which look interesting. It may be a case of just doing away with the USB and wiring to those. Now there is a problem. The aerial for the receiver also comes out of the USB socket and follows shotgun style the length of the power lead OO, the thinner one being the aerial.So this may have to be dealt with separately . Looking at the circuit, it runs on 5vdc and uses a LM7805 sit regulator. hence the power lead has nothing in the Shell except a resistor and a LED to indicate power is present.So cutting the cigarette lighter style plug off isn't a problem. Its easy to cut the plug off and fit an in-line fuse of a couple of Amps and splice it on to the cables feeding the Aux socket.I am thinking of either fitting a small wi-fi style aerial on the back of the unit or a small sma socket and run a 1/4 wavelength cable and loose it in the body work.will post when I have investigated further.

David

Its a miracle !!!!!! it has arrived!!! Firstly, it is far smaller than i thought Marcos's pictures were zoomed in. It is easy to find somewhere for it..This is for Marcos. The USB socket can be removed and discreet wiring fitted, in fact there are some gold tags on the edge which look interesting. It may be a case of just doing away with the USB and wiring to those. Now there is a problem. The aerial for the receiver also comes out of the USB socket and follows shotgun style the length of the power lead OO, the thinner one being the aerial.So this may have to be dealt with separately . Looking at the circuit, it runs on 5vdc and uses a LM7805 sit regulator. hence the power lead has nothing in the shell except a resistor and a LED to indicate power is present.So cutting the cigarette lighter style plug off isn't a problem. Its easy to cut the plug off and fit an in-line fuse of a couple of Amps and splice it on to the cables feeding the Aux socket.I am thinking of either fitting a small wi-fi style aerial on the back of the unit or a small sma socket and run a 1/4 wavelength cable and loose it in the body work.will post when I have investigated further.

David

Hi David

Perhaps some photos of it in its desired position. How much do they cost?

Its a miracle !!!!!! it has arrived!!! Firstly, it is far smaller than i thought Marcos's pictures were zoomed in. It is easy to find somewhere for it..This is for Marcos. The USB socket can be removed and discreet wiring fitted, in fact there are some gold tags on the edge which look interesting. It may be a case of just doing away with the USB and wiring to those. Now there is a problem. The aerial for the receiver also comes out of the USB socket and follows shotgun style the length of the power lead OO, the thinner one being the aerial.So this may have to be dealt with separately . Looking at the circuit, it runs on 5vdc and uses a LM7805 sit regulator. hence the power lead has nothing in the shell except a resistor and a LED to indicate power is present.So cutting the cigarette lighter style plug off isn't a problem. Its easy to cut the plug off and fit an in-line fuse of a couple of Amps and splice it on to the cables feeding the Aux socket.I am thinking of either fitting a small wi-fi style aerial on the back of the unit or a small sma socket and run a 1/4 wavelength cable and loose it in the body work.will post when I have investigated further.

David

Hi David

Will be a little while yet. will have the sensors fitted on Friday. £118 from Amazon but be prepared for a bit of a wait. Will post a pic of relative size etc, shortly.

David

David

Hi David

Will be a little while yet. will have the sensors fitted on Friday. £118 from Amazon but be prepared for a bit of a wait. Will post a pic of relative size etc, shortly.

David

What size is the display unit?

David

Hi David

David

What size is the display unit?

The size is 8x5x 1.5 cm or 3 1/4 x 2 x 1/2 inch very small

David

Have found another unit which can be mounted out of site and speaks alarm conditions and with a remote button you can get it to speak out the status of the pressure and temperature of each wheel.

David

Have found another unit which can be mounted out of site and speaks alarm conditions and with a remote button you can get it to speak out the status of the pressure and temperature of each wheel.

David

That sounds a good idea, with another display to look at, you might start taking your eyes off the road far too often looking at it. How much does it cost?

That looks like the one mentioned earlier in this thread sold by Demon Tweeks for a bit less cost and seems to be a re-badged "Orange" version which is even cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links