Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tire Pressure Monitoring System(Orange)

Marcos Ch

No problem with the camera Marc and the DRL's I have got for you. Maybe next month when its a bit warmer.

Here is the finished thing.Works a treat. and very neat. No wires visible.As yu can see had to remove the plastic crossbar because of the depth of the unit but it didn't do much anyway.

David

That looks really neat David. Nice bit of custom work. It's like me with bathrooms, I hate seeing pipes, like you hate looking a wires.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• johnan

• marcandsebe

• Marcos Ch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very clean installation David. I really like the way that turned out.

On a side note, I did not move my TPMS sensors over to the new wheels so my indicator light came on after about 7 miles of driving. It flashes at first and then goes solid. Not too annoying but bugs me all the same. I came home last night and parked the iQ in the garage. The stock steelies are sitting about four feet away. Started up the car tonight to wash it after work, the light reset itself. I'm sure it will activate again once I'm out driving but it made me laugh that the tires only need to be close to be discovered by the wireless system.

So Taz does your iQ come with TPMS as standard

David

It does David. Although we didn't get a lot of the cool stuff on the Scion we did get that.

No not possible. The LED module does not have individual segments and is made in one block. The 7 segments change from green to red under alarm conditions. Shame really.

David

Ah shame..to be fair greens not much different from blue. Just a bit of yellow in it

J

Taz. Can you take a pic of the TPMS display for me

David

We don't have a display like yours David, it's just a warning (idiot) light that comes on when the tire pressure is low.

How do you know which tyre is low and if say one of the brakes is binding the temerature goes high on that wheel. How does yours know what pressure you want it to alarm at

David

Taz. Can you take a pic of the TPMS display for me

David

We don't have a display like yours David, it's just a warning (idiot) light that comes on when the tire pressure is low.

That sounds like the absolute legal minimum spec. Toyota could get away with fitting for the US market.

Penny pinchers...

John

John I believe you are correct.

David, it's a single warning light to alert you to stop and check your tires. I'm not a big fan of the system. There is a single reset button below the dash that allows the system to "start over" after the tires have been checked. When I pull into the garage at night the system uses it's wireless broadcast to find the stock wheels a few feet away and reset itself. When I drive the iQ again it takes up to seven miles before the light comes on. I'm thinking that if you had that great of a tire pressure loss (from correct pressure to 0 psi) it should register faster than that. I have a buddy at Toyota who is going to disconnect the system entirely for me so I don't ahve to deal with the annoying light on the dash.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links