Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Interior No Different To The Rest...

Markham90

I've always thought the SR180 interior should be slightly different. Perhaps more sporty. The SR180 Badge is the equivalent to the GTI Badge. I personally think it should feature in the interior.

I've changed a few things on mine.

From simplycarmats.com

I've ordered some tailored car mats (black with red and black edges) with the word SR180 stitched in to the side in red.

I've changed the gear gaiter. Just £15 from eBay. It's a genuine fit for the auris, and its exactly the same as the original but has red stitching.

I've also changed the gear knob. Again genuine Auris. The original is just boring.

So the new one is black perforated leather, with a black top disk, instead on the silvery gold colour.

My next plan is to colour the stitching red on the seats, and door cards.

I'll use a paint pen with a fine nib. I've seen in on another forum and its actually works with cloth seats and looks great!!

I think the improvements so far make a big difference, and make the car a little more SR180 ish.

I'll take more pictures later today.

If anybody has similar thoughts or ideas please share. I'd love to see it.

post-130256-0-36796000-1363708414_thumb.

post-130256-0-53170500-1363708387_thumb.

• Like 1

To say the sr is on a par with gti is a little far. Toyota have really struggled with 'sporty' since they turned the mr2 in2 a hairdressers car and took the 4x4 and turbo off the celica. There's certainly no 'type r' in the range!

I've always been a fan of interiors, after all it's where we spend our time! I've always plumped for a model with a jazzy interior, I bought my astra over others I'd looked at simy because it had a full heated leather interior! Please get sum more snap shots of your interior up! Especially the 'painted' seats as I'm interested in doing this myself.

How muh were the custom mats btw?

Hi mate,

Yeh I didn't mean on par, but its the flagship auris, it's the "sporty one" so I personally would have thought they'd make some subtle changes inside.

The custom mats were £53 including shipping.

I'll get some pictures really soon and I'll let you see. I'm just looking into the stitching, if you search 370z stitching it should come up with a whole forum. I had a good look through. Mostly are leather interiors, but there's a cloth one too which looks brilliant.

I have to add that on the end when I tell people what I'm driving.

"I've got a Toyota auris"

"Oh"

"Yeah it IS the sporty quick one"

Lol

Haha in know mate I have to do the same.

You see their face look really unimpressed.

Saying that, on the dual carriage way, it certainly shocks a few people lol.

I'll get you some more photos when I'm not so busy. The gear knob (no photo of it fitted) is fantastic. Looks so much better.

Although I quite like the interior, I have to agree that it isn't anything special. When I had an Audi A4 Tdi with full leather & Concert stereo - now that was a fine interior ! B)

Yeah you're right that's a love interior in the Audi.

I had an RX8 and that had a lively interior. Really nice place to be, with Bose Speakers and a perfect driving position.

The interior just seems, well I don't know, I just think it should be a a bit different to the other auris models. The red SR is eye catching. So why not continue the subtle red hints inside... That's why I've just changed a few bits.

Next jobs.

Red brake callipers

Red interior stitching

Chrome exhaust tip

And clean out my EGR valve and see what Happens.

I quite fancy the other alloys. With the thinner spokes. I've see other auris's with them I junk they look brilliant. Maybe someone would do a swap lol

Funny you say that - I had a brand new set of those rims that I sold to Big Kev from the RAV forum quite recently ! I bought them with the full intention of using them for my summer wheels, but then found a lighter set in gunmetal grey & got those. Saves a bit of unsprung weight, so it'll be nice to try them out with fresh tyres in April. :) They are Dare ST rims in 17" fitment.

These are the rims I'm after. Not sure they're the dare st ones, but they're very nice too.

I think these are the other standard auris alloy option.

Yes, the Toyota Motorsport multi-spoke rims. Those are one of 2 designs fitted to the 2.2 engined Auris models - the other being the 5 spoke wheels on my Auris at the moment. The Dare ST rims are aftermarket - not Toyota's own.

Ah I see. Yeh I have the 5 spoke like you.

But now in quite fancying the multi spoke design

Maybe somebody on here fancy a doing a swap you never know.

i must admit one of the reasons i settled on the auris was for the fact it had a quite high up driving position and seating arrangement... i have arthritis in my feet and legs so struggle to get in and out sometimes when its really bad.

I think its a very understated car for what it can do performance wise and i quite like that! :)

Yeah you're right the driving position is quite high, and adjustable.

Access is nice n easy.

It's extremely understated. However us car enthusiasts can see the subtle sportiness, Tinted windows, spoiler 17" wheels, slightly flared Arches and lowers suspension. The car really does shift doesn't it. Surprises most peoe when you hit the right pedal.

These are the tailored car mats.

£53 from simplycarmats mats.

To be honest they'd probably look better dark grey. The black is quite a contrast to the rest of the interior however with careful taping I will end up spraying them the correct colour. You can spray carpet believe it or not.

Also the font options are limited. This was the best one rather than one comic sans!

I would have liked the SR

Red and 180 silver. But again options were limited.

Let me know what you all think. Don't be afraid to be honest I won't be offended.

post-130256-0-84127900-1363787007_thumb.

I like em. Y these weren't standard I don't know. Every other marque will print everything with a logo on for a quick buck... How many blokes do you see in them damned Subaru jackets! Or an Audi cap!

I'd have sum but I couldn't spend £50 on mats!!!

Only reason I've spent that on then is because I sold my rx8 so invested some money on he auris.

They should be standard though, at least something similar. The gear knob will be fitted tonight. I think that'll make a nice difference. It's fitted as standard to the yaris t sport.

The top cap just pulls out so if the balm one isn't as good as I hope I'll put the original back on.

This was only £10 from eBay a seller called daveyg_61

The perforated leather matches the glove box texture.

post-130256-0-19713700-1363789887_thumb.

Hi, I hear you are looking for extras for the sr180.

I think the plainer the car looks the more fun you can have..

I fitted a full set of four windshields and as well as looking good they have a practical function. If you're like me then you drive with the window down, not a good idea when it's raining, and stops a lot of condensation.

There is a wee tuner kit that can be bought, very simple to fit, and adds a wee bita more fun. So I'm told (nudge)

I cleaned my EGR unit yesterday, and it does make a difference, car runs smoother when you're driving normally.

That's all I can think of just now, but I will be popping in at times to keep up.

Thanks for the red tips, that has been my thinking all along, car is black.

Talk later, Dee.

Hi dee.

My car is black too, I've been thinking about a tubing box for a while, but to be honest I'm worried its cause problem on an engine e which is ready fairly highly tuned.

I'm going to clean the EGR valve out the weekend and see what happens, I'm hope ing it'll make a difference in my MPG as at the mo it's about 32MPG.

Keep checking this post I'll upload pics with the new gear knob and when I get round to doing the stitching.

The subtle changes are not in your face and don't look aftermarket . Which is the look I want to achieve.

One thing i dislike is the fact they put light cream colour on the roof instead of dark/black and i hate the seats. Iv bin looking at putting some celica seats in for around the £150 2nd hand. Just not sure if it will fit and how to get round air bag system. I think some nice bucket style front seats and rears re covered to match would make it look really smart inside.

I'm with you on that. I don't like the seats. They're actually don't suit the car at all. I'll try the red stitching colour first and see how it goes. The seats are just shapeless.

Let me know what you do with your seats

I really like the gear knob, any links where to order from???

Search daveyg_61 on eBay. He has some but you have to bid. I messaged him and he did it for £10

He does one with the standard colour cap and black. Not the colour that I uploaded (with the blue fabric background) that's just a clearer pic of the same type of knob.

Here's the new gear knob all fitted. Given me more ideas now. Perhaps take the steering wheel to the trimmers for the leather treatment.

***Let me know what you all think of the mats, gear knob and gaiter***

Before and after gear knob.

post-130256-0-60809800-1363875870_thumb.

post-130256-0-13223100-1363875910_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links