Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Controller

Aggo

But ye well if we all conveine at mine then ... We should be ok really as I live on the outskirts of alvaston

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aggo

• MrBenjaminHDM

• smudge-1991

• Aidsy1

Yeah ok then. If I finish earlier I'll let you know on here.

Ok not a problem will keep my eyes on here

07544476742 aid you have it already but smudge can you text me your address please matey

Can you message me the address as well please

Can we push this back abit as my pain of a mother has decided she is doin a family meal and being abit older is very stubborn so has pushed everyone's day back abit so can this be done at 15.30 really sorry also my mobile number is 07584064044

• 1 month later...

can this mod be done on a t180 avensis?

Yes it can be done to any turbo charged car

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Guys do not give out phone numbers or personal details on an open forum, use the PM system.

thanks smudge. Just checking as I have been told I have a variable geometric turbo means very little to me) controled by the ecu and therefore no wastegate. Is that the same for your car?

I have an internal wastegate so I have an actuator that controls it that's where the boost controller needs to go

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread again but I had a couple of questions I hope you could answer. This mod was done on a 2.0 1AD-FTV engine right? If so the turbo is VGT and vacuum referenced and not boost referenced.

I've just ordered this: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/boost-control-electronics/drift-t-boost-control-valve which is a ball and spring, is it similar to the ones you installed and will installation be normal?

Thanks

Ben - if you get this done, be sure to let me know how ha!

I couldn't manage!

1 hour ago, Aggo said:

Ben - if you get this done, be sure to let me know how ha!

I couldn't manage!

What went wrong? Did you get it on but it did nothing or not even that far?

To be honest I lost mine so never got round to it ... but it needs to go as close to the wastewater actuator as possible ... to be able to alter the boost pressure ... yours is the same as mine but I never fitted it ... I went down the mapping route instead 

19 minutes ago, smudge-1991 said:

To be honest I lost mine so never got round to it ... but it needs to go as close to the wastewater actuator as possible ... to be able to alter the boost pressure ... yours is the same as mine but I never fitted it ... I went down the mapping route instead 

I'm trying to figure out where it's going. I'm getting 17PSI max at the moment and I was under the impression stock was 20PSI, I seem to remember getting that number once upon a time. I'm trying to diagnose it. I've had a remap done and I'm trying to get the turbo to work as I expect.

What @Aggo has labelled up is the turbo pressure sensor as seen in the picture. His arrows sit between it and the VNT actuator, there is no wastegate as this little unit cuts the vacuum which drops the actuator and closes up the vanes diverting the exhaust gas away from the turbine. the right hand pipe that goes off to the left (as fitted to the car, reverse of the image) goes to the left side of the block, I can only assume eventually to the inlet manifold. I don't know whether or not it will work but I'll give it a go, I think it should go before this controller.

If either of you can get me some numbers on your 2.0 D4D engines for boost I'd be very grateful as I don't really know what boost I'm aiming for.

$_57.JPG

So, for number I have a boost gauge fitted to mine permanently. I have been getting under full acceleration spikes of 22-24 psi (more in cold weather it seems) when cruising at 70~ it's about 6/7 psi. 

With regards to fitting a bleeder valve. For our cars I was under the impression that it should be on the cars boost sensor (in my case after my boost guage, before the cars boost sensor) this would allow you to bleed some of the pressure off that the sensor is seeing. What also is a factor is making sure it's a one way valve, or else you'll get a leak when not in boost which will screw things up.

Please correct any of this if I'm wrong...

Just now, Aidsy1 said:

So, for number I have a boost gauge fitted to mine permanently. I have been getting under full acceleration spikes of 22-24 psi (more in cold weather it seems) when cruising at 70~ it's about 6/7 psi. 

With regards to fitting a bleeder valve. For our cars I was under the impression that it should be on the cars boost sensor (in my case after my boost guage, before the cars boost sensor) this would allow you to bleed some of the pressure off that the sensor is seeing. What also is a factor is making sure it's a one way valve, or else you'll get a leak when not in boost which will screw things up.

Please correct any of this if I'm wrong...

I've ordered a ball and spring, not a bleed valve. 

Are those numbers stock or remapped?

Thanks

Those are all stock. I tried to get mine remapped. But to no avail:(

Just now, Aidsy1 said:

Those are all stock. I tried to get mine remapped. But to no avail:(

I definitely have something wrong then!

If you're still interested in a remap monstertuning did mine and it worked, the car goes like stink! That's even with low boost.
http://www.monstertuning.co.uk/ the car isn't on the site but they do them for sure. Rik is the main man for the software and he's been incredibly helpful, he's happy to write software for any changes you make, he was talking to me about stage 2 with a fmic and bigger hybrid turbo etc. but I've not got the stones for that.

sorry for the late reply.

I have 23 psi on full acceleration in 1-5 gears but in 6th gear at 120mph i spike at 29 psi (without boost controller) i run a PDI tuning box at the moment, though it doesn't alter boost but alters fueling (my pocket feels it) car is like a different machine/animal!

sorry i cant offer much on the boost controller i just simply couldn't get it to work.

Serious boost envy... Have you captured this with a BT OBD reader or analogue gauge?

My obd reader actually reads wrong :/ I need to set it up properly. Mine were all analogue

Both analogue and digital and obd2 gave me the same results.

Ordered a TurboSmart analogue on prime any pics of where you mounted yours? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links