Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Real Power...

ZeroBlade

To turbo or not to turbo...

Basically had a massive family wedding thing this weekend so there were tons of us there. and as is happened we'd rented a hall near the beach for the wedding reception so queue the m-way convoys to reach this place.

Fair few decent cars here, from lexus', to MG's, to mercs, to beamers, to audis, and a whole host of other cars. oh and of course my 2 :)

so anyways we did play a little on the journey, there and back for both days.

And i struggled to retain my lead... ahem ;)

but the differences in power really hit me, those days.

Acceleration seemed slower, whereas top speed was slightly higher.

These scenes played in my head all weekend, coupled with Fizz's display of the rev3 tubby so just now i've come to the conclusion that, yep u've guessed it, i've been bitten by the tubby bug.

Sat down and had a long hard think about it. I could tune up an n/a for power but that would be expensive tbh w. ya. so seems like the only other route...

what also factored is the fact that i'm just about to splash out on a fully resray & kit for my current 2. aswell as new rims, plus suspension overhaul. i thawt theres nae point in doing this if im only gonna sell her soon, now way id recoup what i spent, whereas with a tubby i can change the characteristics of the turbo at a l8r date to run similar to an n/a as midmotor steve mentioned a little while bak.

so ima giv tesco a ring 2moro, and c what they'l charge me for xfering the policy to a tubby, then go on from there...

Dissapointed in myself like for giving in to the dark side, but i can't afford to go the power route with an n/a.

Well there ya have my spiel...

-Z

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroBlade

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• DeusMR2

Top Posters In This Topic

The mist finally clears... Welcome to the brighter side of life... :hokus-pokus: :group-cuddles: :thumbsup:

... yup i guess so ...

now i just hope i dont c too many bright flashed when / if i'm driving the tubby!

hope its not too much 2moro. thing is with the tubby my dad said he'd pay the difference, wonder why... :)

he's the main person (apart from u lot) thats been blaggin me to sell and go turbo route, lol

-Z

Dissapointed in myself like for giving in to the dark side, but i can't afford to go the power route with an n/a.

dont worry about it fella, u only join the dark side when u buy german!

gettin a turbo is just like using a darth maul twin bladed lighsabre instead of a single jobby! :thumbsup:

hope its not too much 2moro. thing is with the tubby my dad said he'd pay the difference, wonder why... :)

he's the main person (apart from u lot) thats been blaggin me to sell and go turbo route, lol

Man.. i wish your dad could have a quiet word with my old man since yours seems to have the right idea where as my dad keeps tellin me that for £1k i could get a wicked reliable cheap to rin Micra!! FFS! :wacko::lol:

once youre hungry for power..the tubby is the only way to go...

.... welcome to the dark side my young padiwan :ph34r:

heh thing is my dad knows theres no way ima drive anything that small, tbh he's never driven owt that small in his life either. really loved his audi a4, but he blew the engine on it after some abuse, haha.

Used to use it for taxis, and as a personal car. if he thinks he's gonna thrash around in my tubby...

well guess we'll c as the first thing ima do wen i wake up is ring tesco.

hence im going to bed early 2day (i.e. now) cos 2moro will comes sooner that way :)

-Z

You may be unlucky with Tesco mate.. they generally will not insure anyone on a tubby unless over 25. They changed thier policy in April or something like that.

bin w. em for 2 years off me mum. i recal u saying that they allow past customers?

-Z

:censor: :censor: :censor: damn ageists :censor: :censor: :censor:

bleedin :censor: ruddy tesco the :censor: :censor: :censor:

gotta be :censor: 25. u :censor: :censor:. sod u all!!!

aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem.

in case u didnt get that they said u gotta be 25, spot on jim.

wish i'd changed to a tubby in paril thats when my renewal for thsi year was.

Those of you under 25 who r ya with again?

-Z

I'm with Dorset mate, but Tesco did agree to insure me on a Tubby because I used to be a customer when I had my megane.

Then again I'm 24 and 25 in Sept, renewal at the end of July. So it's not that long until I would be 25.

Give Adrian Flux a try also bud.

hrm, i tried AF with my N/A and they hung up.

Maybe i'll try em out with the tubby and c what i get, cheers for reminding me fella.

-Z

hrm, i tried AF with my N/A and they hung up.

Maybe i'll try em out with the tubby and c what i get, cheers for reminding me fella.

-Z

lol.. they hung up ??... lol

yeh here's my notes from last time...

Adrian Flux > ? > Prestige

08700 692202

AF - gotta b 25, xfered me 2 ?

? - xferd me to prestige

Prestige hungup, gits!

basically AF transferred me to some1 (can't rem who), they then transferred me to prestige who put me on hold then hung up!

but i've just noticed that i've written down AF also require you to be 25...

dammit, this is ridiculous.

ima try AF again, and then dorset, i'm pretty sure dorset rejected me on the n/a so theres no chance, but i've not noted a reply down from them, so i can't really rem what they said.

-Z

Adrian Flux would insure me on a Supra TT as well as my MR2.... but like I said... it could be because I'll be 25 in a few months.

what the hell happened to equal rights and all that!???

ringin em now...

-Z

im 21 with tesco! got insured with them under my dads name on february 16th..lucky i got insured in time!

another quote of 3Grand...

I know i can't believe i missed the date, i'm kinda stuck now, lol

-Z

im 21 with tesco! got insured with them under my dads name on february 16th..lucky i got insured in time!

u're under your dads name tho, so I'm not sure the same applies.

try getting it insured under your dad/mums name? if they have full no claims you got a much bigger chance i reckon. im on £1025 TPF&T, not bad considering i have 6 points n my dad has 3. What saved me was the fact that he has 5+ yrs NCB.

3grand plus unless i'm 25, thats AF...

I got quoted 3grand for TT Supra from A Flux

Got £2400 from Tesco fully comp with all mods declared for my MR2. Will shop about at the start of next month for quotes.

u're under your dads name tho, so I'm not sure the same applies.

true, dunno what the implications of that are but im sure that was a factor in me bein able to get insured!

tesco's under me mum, most of these other places wont insure under parents!

only 2yrs NCB.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links