Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car

Fidgits

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• dave5282

• Fizz

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

well, an interesting day...

Firstly, test drove the 350Z...

Wow! nice car, looks wise, top of the pile.. lovely interior, all in all pretty good...

But, the 3.5 V6 is thirsty, but certainley quick, and the car doesnt ride the bumps well, very 'bouncy'..

But it was fast, and the engine sounded lovely... however, its a large car for a 2 seater (similar size to the IS200)..

Then tested a Audi TT, 1.8T quattro, and it was the complete opposite of the Nissan..

Looks wise, okay, but common, and perhaps a little feminine, interior looked a bit cheap, but was solid...

Driving though, WOW, stuck to the road like glue, and was still comfy.. I could easily do several hours in the TT, I think i'd end up with a compressed spine in the 350Z..

Performance was reasonable, not lightning, but no slouch..

Out of the 2, the TT suited my requirements more, but the 350Z was the more desirable!

Urgh!!! decsions!!!

avg mpg for a 350Z is 26mpg which ain't to shabby for the car, on a long motorway run avg 85mph its above 30...

Housemate also had the 225T TT before the Z so can offer a decent comparison...

"The TT sticks to the road better and is easier to drive quicker, the 350Z once your used to it and RWD is a livlier more enjoyable ride, and easily quicker overall...."

1 sec quicker to 60, at least 4 to 100....

Oh turns a lot more heads :D

In the last 6 months covered 15k so knows the car reasonably well although it doesnt really open up until it has 5k on the clock....

zed4.jpg

yeah, the 350Z was a great car, and certainly a great looking one (the blue was to die for).. and if i was buying with my heart, it would be that one...

But, I have concerns about it come winter, the IS struggles in ice, and the 350 was twitchy in the dry.. fun, but you have to concentrate fully driving it..

The TT however, you could relax and drive everyday, but still have some fun...

urgh! i dont know.. might stick with the lex for the time being...

the thing about the 350Z was that it didnt fulfil any of my requirements (except for the looks/rareity) since i was after a more frugal car than the IS, that was a bit sporty, and would be nice if it was a drop top...

plus, the clutch was very sharp, the gearbox notchy, so driving in heavy traffic down the M4 could end up being very hard work...

And the TT is as common as my IS, so doesnt really work either!

new scooby wrx with prodrive pack. grp 17 insurance. 21,500? my dads got one and they're !Removed! quick and are quite practical aswell

ed

Ian - when does the new IS go into production - August 05 - only 14 months mate :thumbsup:

Get the 225bhp TT quattro with full spec Ian, then all you have to do is buy some nice 18/19" oettinger wheels for it..

how does 275bhp in a TT for £650 sound?

I can point you in the right direction for this if you like...

the TT is a lovely car and you're right, it sticks like buggery - the nice thing about the 225 engine is it's the same as the S3 engine, i.e. very good power gains from a remap and miltek exhaust for much less than a £1000.

So I put it to you Ian, if you liked the TT - get a full spec one in your favourite colour, get some nice wheels for it to be a little different (oettinger bodykits are very nice too if you're interested), and up the power to 270-275bhp for £650.

Good deal I think ;)

Sam

actually Fidger, add me to msn - or if you don't have msn then pm me... i've got alot of interesting info about the TT, and some good examples of nicely modded TTS :)

You could pick one up a couple of years old and spend a grand or two on it - and you'd still only be at £20k by the time you were finished, with a crackingly nice car :D

u mite hate me for sayin this but an XK8 luxury interior nice looks, fast reliale when looked after huge boot for a car bit big an big engine but it flies, you'll have to have an older one like S reg but there quite rare now

yeah I'd looked at the XK8, a bit big for what im after...

Anyhow, looked at insurance,

TT 225 way ahead, only about 100 quid more fully comp, the car i looked at was a 53 in Silver with red leather interior, at 25k from a dealer, I'd want to find a cheaper example (but not too much older) if i went for it..

next was the 350Z, surprisly reasonable insurance, only 200 quid more than the lex!

Then the Z4, rediculous! followed by the S2000, priciest of the lot!!!

TBH, the TT is the way im thinking, so if anyone has any feedback, please let me know..

Oh and Sam, its staying standard!

Ian - when does the new IS go into production - August 05 - only 14 months mate :thumbsup:

yeah, i was thinking about the MK2 diesel when its launched, but dunno right now, kinda fancy a sports car before i get too old (or perhaps this is my mid-life crisis!)

Yeah thought so mate they are the nearest thing to a Japanese super car really just have not got the name/brand behind them like ferrari

I start my graduate job at Nissan HQ soon.

I hope i get to play with them

:drool:

cars or the staff?

have to say mate TT is poo, big blind spots, easy to get bored with and would look make you look more like christina as its a very femine car, anyhoo when did you start wanting to be common as muck....

I don't mind some German cars..

Mk1 Golf GTi

BMW M1

Audi Quattro

What I can't stand are the generic saloons that BMW and Audi are now spawning ..

nah, after some thought, TT perhaps not the way to go, it may be the sensible option, but not exactly what im after...

grrr... im all confused again!!!

Is200 it is for the time being then!

forgot to add.. what you reckon to the Saab drop tops? they look damn nice as well.. dont know notin about 'em though... just a thought...

Sorry Fizz, Mate.

Nothing to do with your problem whatsoever. Everytime I see your Avatar I can't help thinking that it is being extremely rude in public :bye:

What about something like a CV8 Monaro....haven't they just been released in the UK?? What sorta price would they go for??

562685_2_full.jpg

562685_8_full.jpg

Get's about 22 / 38 mpg City / Highway....too thirsty??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Ian - when does the new IS go into production - August 05 - only 14 months mate  :thumbsup:

yeah, i was thinking about the MK2 diesel when its launched, but dunno right now, kinda fancy a sports car before i get too old (or perhaps this is my mid-life crisis!)

Ian

What do you know about the Mk2 ? I keep hearing loads of stuff and don't know whats true or not.

I've heard about a soft top and a hybrid - now you mention an oil burner ? I guess they will move to a V engine rather than straight as well ?

Any reliable concept pics out there yet ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links