tooSavvy

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

......& Happy New Year.

With a Toyota?, no surprises there! 

2sav

Happy new year to you 😄

• Thanks 1

Windscreen wiper time again....

I have previously 'renewed' tired rubber inserts with the guts of Poondland ones, quite successfully in the main.

Over the last week my screen has become smeary and a quick blast of the washers leaves me blinded for a few seconds... Not Good!

Refusing to splurge £20 @Halfrauds I tried B&M.. Branded as 'RAC'/ orange packaging.

s-l400.jpg

... despite not having an O-level in Airfix Construction I managed to identify the one, among about 10, plastic clips for my 'hoop hook-on' arm end!

18" was £2.99 and 22" £4.99..... £8 for a pair when car shops want more for just the ONE!

Excellent swish n clear...... See how we are in six months.

2sav

• Like 1

Update#

FFS!! I ran the old girl through our ASDA wash thisafternoon... Flailing spongebob finger bristles just ripped the ffinn end off the nearside wiper [actually the press on/clip moulding - that keeps all the individual sections together].

The rubber wiper blade is now loose, to creep out of the arm and likely fly away....

Into B&M and another £2.99 gets me 18" refresh...

Next time I use this wash I'm going to get a "rear wiper cover poly bag".... Slop it over this NS wiper :<)

2sav

• Like 1

There's nothing worse than damage via a car wash 😞

• Like 1

House/Tip duties....

Sadly, our postcode lends to a low level 'cretin interface' risk.

I went to the bottom of our yard and discovered some twunt had kicked in our short wooden access gate.

I swiftly conducted a recce of nearby back lanes and found an abandoned wooden pallet.... It won't go in car but I have a sack barrow to get it moved.

Having remade the gate, using the spars teased off the pallet, I need to dispose of the carcase... Still won't fit in the car!

Swiftly dispatched into half a dozen chunks, using my trusty circular saw, It was 'tetris arranged' into my boot >> along with the old smashed up gate >> and shot off to the dump.

It has a VERY BIG boot!!

2sav

Sounds like you made good on the gate, but why do people not just leave stuff alone.

• Thanks 1

Well, it's been a bit windy of L8 😞

49542992256_d8cc1ea9d8.jpg

..... chunk of cement chimney 'flashing grout' landed on my blummin roof!!

Well, at least it didn't smash my moonroof/rear window..... Not really the up-side I find entirely heartening  >> bumh#ts & Grrrrrrrr

2sav

Oh crap, how annoying.