Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£295 full service?

Mick F

My info comes from the actual warranty terms and so I am fine with it as it says everything is covered except for the stated exceptions. Warranty provider is Toyota and it is a "Manufacturer equivalent cover".

The address mentioned in the terms is: Toyota, Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5UZ

19 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

Warranty provider is Toyota and it is a "Manufacturer equivalent cover".

The address mentioned in the terms is: Toyota, Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5UZ

Toyota UK's official Extended Warranty is an insurance product actually provided by https://www.thewarrantygroup.com/about which is why it is "manufacturer equivalent".

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

Toyota UK's official Extended Warranty is an insurance product actually provided by https://www.thewarrantygroup.com/about which is why it is "manufacturer equivalent".

Not in my documentation. The Warranty Group are just the administrators for the 'Warranty Provider' (Toyota).

17 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I'm confused...my car just had its 3 year service and first MOT - £200 the lot!

Mine was a full service at four years old.  30,000miles.

Mick.

The pie was much better with brown sauce and some chips!

" Hi,

I can confirm that the transmission fitted to your vehicle will be covered for mechanical failures by the Extended Warranty.

Thanks,

Claims"

The above received in response to my question as to whether Multidrive/cvt is covered. I provided my reg. mark.
The reply is from The Warranty Group. Sorry, I'm still not convinced in spite of that reply. Plus the fact it is some third party "administering "the warranty. I would need to see the full policy terms and documenation before taking it out.
They're very cagey about prices too.

21 minutes ago, mrpj said:

I got my extra 2 years - or 80000 miles limit - from a dealer this time last year. It was 2 years for the price of one and came to £354. The offer might still be around?

1 hour ago, mrpj said:

Afaik you can't buy the cover direct from them hence why they won't give prices. Has to go through dealer/Toyota.

19 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Afaik you can't buy the cover direct from them hence why they won't give prices. Has to go through dealer/Toyota.

That's right. The Toyota U.K. website states to contact your dealer re the Extended Warranty.

Have a look at what’s included and what’s extra, they tried to charge me £40 for a pollen filter for the wife’s Aygo £10 eBay fitted.

Look at what’s recommended and what’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pollen filter change is included in the revised service schedule for the Full service - updated in April 2016. Previously it was a maintenance option.

Hello

I've just booked my 2016 Yaris Hybrid for the 40k mile service and have been quoted £381. I rang back and queried the price because it seemed a bit toppish to me as in Dec 2015 I had a 40k mile service on a petrol Yaris for £299. Anyone paid or had a similar price quoted?

Which service have you been quoted for - the Full or Full+?

Presumably this is the car's fourth service - two Intermediate and two Full, or one Full and one Full+?

Not every dealer has signed up to Toyota's fixed price servicing scheme, especially where labour rates may be higher than average..

Yes it’s the fourth service and they were a bit vague describing it as somewhere between a full and a full plus. I got three free services with the car and the sceptic in me thinks they are trying to recoup some of the costs!

I would go back to them and say you want to know why the car needs extra work over and above the Full service and exactly what the extra work is, and if they cannot answer that clearly, state that you want just the Full service at a cost of £295 undertaken as per Toyota's service schedule and website.

If the answers are still vague, ask to speak to the service manager.

As regards the free services, they probably get reimbursed by Toyota for those (possibly at a reduced rate), so thst shouldn't have any relevance.

40k is a Full service on a Petrol or Hybrid Yaris Full+ comes at 60k 

The main difference with the plus is the change of spark plugs - retail at around £15 each plus labour. 

26 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

The main difference with the plus is the change of spark plugs - retail at around £15 each plus labour. 

The Full+ has some additional items over and above the Full, which apply at different ages/mileages. For example for petrol models, the Full+ is due at the 6 year/60,000 mile service due to the spark plug change, and is due again at the 10 year/100,000 mile service, when the coolant should be changed for the first time, etc.

It could be a gear oil check and top up, quite simple if it has a dipstick. But a gear oil change would be a good idea at £45 the same cost as non hybrid. This is a good deal if you check the toyota oil eBay cost. Though not sure if it is semi synthetic or gl4 or gl5. If they do change the spark plugs it is a good deal as the Iridium oem would cost £60 for a set. Though they do have an oem injector cleaner at an optional £20 extra but not sure if it is a complete fuel system cleaner.

https://www.vantagemotorgroup.co.uk/toyota/servicing/due-servicing/

3 hours ago, m456an said:

But a gear oil change would be a good idea at £45 the same cost as non hybrid. 

No it wont if done correctly! I booked mine in for a hybrid gearbox oil change and was quoted £60. A day before the work was to be carried out a workshop guy phoned me up to say the cost is over £200 as the process is something like

• drain
  • refill
  • run system for a while (rolling road, drive around gently?)
  • top up oil
  • top up oil for final time

All this takes time ….

1 hour ago, Mike J. said:

No it wont if done correctly! I booked mine in for a hybrid gearbox oil change and was quoted £60. A day before the work was to be carried out a workshop guy phoned me up to say the cost is over £200 as the process is something like

• drain
  • refill
  • top up oil

All this takes time ….

1 hour ago, Mike J. said:

• drain
  • refill
  • top up oil

All this takes time ….

Sorry I just checked again and it says from £45. Probably also a spark plug change for £65 when the spark plugs cost 60 also sounds too good to be true. If your AC uses YF1234 Gas you have to ring in, that maybe more too.

Deceptive pricing.

The new air con gas, HFO-1234yf, for EU markets, has to be used in new cars manufactured from 1st January 2017.

Some manufacturers began using the new gas fro 2014 - both our 2015 i20 and our 2016 Aygo have the new gas.

Back in 2014, because the new gas wasn't as widely available, re-gassing using the new gas could cost over £200. However, prices have dropped and when we had the 3 year service on our i20 at the end of June, a re-gas and clean cost £80 with a two year guarantee at our Hyundai dealer.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I have  hybrid yaris bought at three years old during lockdown from toyota dealership . I have only done 3,000 miles do i need an interim service from toyota , to keep service history and  could i go to indie would they be able to do Battery check i. Needs MOT as well

Hi Lynn, and welcome to Toyota Owners Club.         
Let us start of with your last statement first. Your MOT is due. You didn’t ask does it need an MOT because it’s only done 3000 miles since last one. I am sure you know the answer, and that is Yes it needs a new MOT.         
Working on the same basis, I presume Toyota will also want a service, interim or full, at the 12 month stage. People on here may have a different view on that, but the view that matters is not mine, nor anyone on here, but Toyotas view.                 
You can have your service done at a non Toyota business, so long as it is vat registered, and use parts equivalent to Toyotas standards. In the event of a problem leading to a claim on Toyota warranty the onus will be on YOU to prove those criteria have been met.          
Whether an independent garage can test a Battery, and I assume you mean the large hybrid Battery, will very much depend on the garage skills and equipment. Re the hybrid Battery health check, yes it is free at Toyota when your car has a service there. However, you can have a hybrid battery health check but not a Toyota service for payment of £45 inc vat. This ensures a further 12 month hybrid battery warranty, annually up to 15 years.         
Back to your interim service after 3000 miles during lockdown. I have not seen,  or heard of any exemption or relaxation from Toyota on the 10000mile/12 month criteria for a service. In my personal circumstance my Toyota hybrid car had only done 2200 miles and a Toyota interim service was done at a Toyota garage, mot coming up end of September. The wife’s Toyota hybrid car was due it’s interim service at the same time as mine. We didn’t present it to Toyota for service though we did pay Toyota £45 for it’s hybrid battery health check, and a MOT outside of Toyota. Why did we not have a Toyota service? It had only been used for 1100 miles, further, it is now 11 years old, so now out of the scope of “new” Relax warranty. We plan to have a non Toyota interim service later in the year, possibly December at our local independent garage just 80 yards away (who has stated he will look after standard car parts, but not the hybrid part of the car).

Toyota service intervals are 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So if it has been 12 months since the last service, the service is now due.

As your 2018 car (as per your profile) should still be within the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, the Relax warranty/hybrid Battery extended warranty won't apply as yet.

Yes you may go to any VAT-registered garage for the service and MOT, but, in the event of a warranty claim, the onus will be on you to retain proof that the car has been serviced according to Toyota's requirements and that parts used are of an equivalent standard.

Whether or not an independent garage can undertake the hybrid Battery check, and whether Toyota will accept a third party diagnosis in the event of a fault/warranty claim are unknown factors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links