Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Insurance

Starlet_SR_Daz

how old wud u sayi id after be to get insured on a mr2 on a non turbo n a turbo? wantin a mr2 next deffo top rides just dunno how long its goin get insured on any of em... i no its goin be a dear do but whats ages do u all think 4 a non- turbo and a turbo?... cheers.

~ Daz.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• KiwiMR2

• Debz

• midmotorsteve

depends what your budget is lol....

have a look through some of the posts in the section as they should giev you a good idea as this subject has been discussed a lot recently...

im 20, but also female, - but i went from a 1.2 corsa, to my n/a mr2, that with two years no claims, and im insured at the mo paying 1400 fully comp a year.

Press the search button, you will find a list of threads similar to this that contain all you need to know!!

i have just turned 21 (4 days ago) andbefore that i was getting quotes for between 1000-1400 on UK spec mr2's. Most companys i found wouldnt insure me on the imported n/a and none i tried would do me on a turbo. (still a few to try tho)

If you have previously been insured with tesco motor insurance, you could possibly get insurance tptf on a turbo as i have a few mates that are insured on nissan 200sx's with them at 19. But they wont take new people on with fast cars unless they are over a certain age.

Also when you try www.elephant.co.uk when you have done all the quote and it asks you if you want to add a second driver, say yes and add a parent as for some reason this knocks money off your premium.

hope that helps you a wee bit.

my mate neils got mr2 turbo he says he no's a couple of his mates who are 18 that are insured on mr2 turbo....i was woundin if u guys new anywhere that might insure me at 18 on my mums insurance on mr2 turbo with 1 no claims bonus....

my g/f has a Mk2 tubby and pays £1500 a year as a named driver... she is 19 and has been passed 3 months.

This is gonna rip ya.....my insurance has just dropped on my MR2, $540.00 NZD's a year!! thats a whopping $190.00 GBP's a year!!!!!!! and that's with mods listed :eek:

Feel sorry for you chaps....and we think we get gipped over here.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ahh, but Kiwi .. we have better roads and cheaper petrol and road tax (rego) to offset that.

Oh, that's right, we don't .. we are being lubed up and bent over by the government again ..

ahh, but Kiwi .. we have better roads and cheaper petrol and road tax (rego) to offset that.

Oh, that's right, we don't .. we are being lubed up and bent over by the government again ..

Ahh, to ture...your bound to have better roading, our motorways are OK but inner city roading SUX!! potholes etc etc What do you pay for gas? ours is roughly 98.9 cents (Unleaded 91) and $1.039 (Premium Unleaded) a litre.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

84.9p a litre yesterday morning .. and our roads here are shocking .. if it's not potholed, it's either speed humped or dug up for water/eletric/cable ..

84.9p a litre yesterday morning .. and our roads here are shocking .. if it's not potholed, it's either speed humped or dug up for water/eletric/cable ..

So that's almost $3 NZD's a litre?? :eek:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I love getting ripped off by this country.. makes you feel all warm inside.

either speed humped or dug up for water/eletric/cable ..

Speed humps r the most pointless things in the world. The time they waste only makes you go faster to make up for them...

Me thinks they provoke speeding / harsh accelerating :angry:

-Z

ive gone from paying just over 800 a year for a 1.6 primera to paying 450 for my mr2? does that make sense to anyone? not that im complaining :D try putting an older driver with lots of years behind the wheel as a second named driver, i put my mam on and got just over a hundred knocked off! and if you hit any speed cameras just say they wqere driving :thumbsup:

my g/f has a Mk2 tubby and pays £1500 a year as a named driver... she is 19 and has been passed 3 months.

thats not to bad... who is it with?

agh !!

if I was 25 (which I am in sept, I can get some semi decent quotes !!)... but insurance is due in 2 days!!

Grrrr !!

any recommendations ??

agh !!

if I was 25 (which I am in sept, I can get some semi decent quotes !!)... but insurance is due in 2 days!!

Grrrr !!

any recommendations ??

is this renewal due on the 2 fella?

thawt u were ok on that front, just the supra you couldnt get owt for?

-Z

can everyone do me a favour and post who they are insured with please ??

thanks.

someone also suggested that I get traders insurance. Could be cheaper.

that's it !!

I'm not driving until sept when I'm 25 !! ARGH !

so far...

A. Flux : £2000+

bell direct : no

allan and allan : no

liverpool victoria : when 25 --- £1260

elaphant : no

prestige : no

tesco : no

1st premium direct : no

cis : no

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links