Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

7 minutes ago, Hakkertje said:

Many thanks Techfreak. This seems to fit and work. I will order this. to be continued.

🙂

I stuck the Antenna on the Top Left of the front Passenger windscreen and tucked / hid the cable inside the pillar cover down to the footwell to the radio.

I live in a major city so DAB works well....but bear in mind if your out in the countryside signal reception might be poor. 

SMA is threaded

SMB is press fit

DAB is very picky with antennas, YMMV

be careful with the GT5-1S plugs, you may need to trim the key off the plug, so it fits - Blue is type C in the diagram

1735616462_HRSgt51S.thumb.jpg.26aacc4bb4e11b2c5df4cc85bb9038d9.jpg1795283315_HRSGT5PCB.thumb.jpg.d8bca818f10c323d308ae76c5300f132.jpg

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

SMA is threaded

SMB is press fit

DAB is very picky with antennas, YMMV

be careful with the GT5-1S plugs, you may need to trim the key off the plug, so it fits - Blue is type C in the diagram

1735616462_HRSgt51S.thumb.jpg.26aacc4bb4e11b2c5df4cc85bb9038d9.jpg1795283315_HRSGT5PCB.thumb.jpg.d8bca818f10c323d308ae76c5300f132.jpg

thanks for the advice. first I need it here. I ordered it already, but takes some time to get to the Netherlands by eBay

Is this going to fit in that blue socket?

Isn't there a way to split the original antenna signal? How does the antenna works in the new models? 

Yes it will fit, but you will need to trim the key ways or replace the housing (outer shell) - GT5-1S-HU(C) - https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/GT5-1S-HU-C/4284771

Cars with factory DAB have a different aerial and wiring

Note the 2 cables

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404146270780

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204128893597

Then you need the cable from the pillar to the radio

2.png.508a6563e9db6cb6288c6a0d6339df9a.p

kgb40 aerial_compressed.pdf

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

Yes it will fit, but you will need to trim the key ways or replace the housing (outer shell) - GT5-1S-HU(C) - https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/GT5-1S-HU-C/4284771

Cars with factory DAB have a different aerial and wiring

Note the 2 cables

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404146270780

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204128893597

Then you need the cable from the pillar to the radio

2.png.508a6563e9db6cb6288c6a0d6339df9a.p

kgb40 aerial_compressed.pdf 274.59 kB · 16 downloads

Thanks now i get it, i could buy the new aerial model but i'll still missing that split cable of the photo you posted.

Did you also have the manual to disassemble the whole dashboard in case i find them togheter?

On 1/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, maalbak said:

Yes of course. This issue occurs only sometimes only on incoming calls

On 1/2/2023 at 2:09 PM, maalbak said:

Yes. I take It on eBay from a C1: my Aygo in origin has the x-touch...

Now my stereo run correctly but with Android auto there Is some issues: during call i'm unable to hear nobody.

This issue appears randmly...

My actual version Is:

0S1 8.15

OS2 8.17

Hi Maalbak,

i have the same problem you have.

did you upgrade your system, and did it solve the problem?

or did you done something else to solve it?

9 hours ago, elgato77 said:

Hi Maalbak,

i have the same problem you have.

did you upgrade your system, and did it solve the problem?

or did you done something else to solve it?

No, i don't: i'm unable to find a more recent version 😞

My workaround is:

when I start the first call from my car I switch the audio to my phone Speakers for some seconds. After that switch to car Speakers and it works.

it's not the best solution, but do the job...

15 hours ago, maalbak said:

No, i don't: i'm unable to find a more recent version 😞

My workaround is:

when I start the first call from my car I switch the audio to my phone speakers for some seconds. After that switch to car speakers and it works.

it's not the best solution, but do the job...

Thanks for the tip! 

I've done the upgrade from the very basic radio only on my 2014 (facelift) Aygo and installed the later 3 button head unit but now the USB cable has stopped working. Any advice?

I have done the same, I had the radio with x-nav. 

Check if the USB cable is plugged right on the back side of the radio.

If the usb cable goes first through a usb hub and then to the radio, then you have to unplug it from the hub and make sure you plug it straight in to the usb port at the back radio.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where i can pick up a cable circled in the picture? What is the cable type please? Many thanks 

66DA47C7-5D95-436F-8615-7E05B7C66167.jpeg

It's the USB cable to the back of the Radio to the USB port in the centre console ...found one here on eBay but it's with the whole assembly....(for info the Aygo, 108 and C1 MK2 parts are all the same interior and share the same parts)...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195647439035?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=usgjzVVVSUW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0v63jnXjRZa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

8 hours ago, Techfreak said:

It's the USB cable to the back of the Radio to the USB port in the centre console ...found one here on Ebay but it's with the whole assembly....(for info the Aygo, 108 and C1 MK2 parts are all the same interior and share the same parts)...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195647439035?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=usgjzVVVSUW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0v63jnXjRZa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That’s great thanks. I was preferably after a cable that would work with a phone. I have upgraded the radio in the Aygo to the one with CarPlay (86140-YV020), but for some reason the in car usb socket doesn’t work. I’ve had the radio looked at and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the USB connection. The usb socket in the car functions with the original radio but not the new one. My next option is to run a new cable behind the trim for my iPhone. That eBay unit is another option if i cant find anything else. 

35 minutes ago, Paul.Aygo.Owner said:

That’s great thanks. I was preferably after a cable that would work with a phone. I have upgraded the radio in the Aygo to the one with CarPlay (86140-YV020), but for some reason the in car usb socket doesn’t work. I’ve had the radio looked at and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the USB connection. The usb socket in the car functions with the original radio but not the new one. My next option is to run a new cable behind the trim for my iphone. That ebay unit is another option if i cant find anything else. 

There is a hidden diagnostic menu but I don't think it checks the USB connection...

Interesting! Does seem a little strange that the USB socket works with original radio but not the 86140-YV020 version. Car was built in 2018 and registered in May 2019.  I thought that the new unit connection maybe faulty, but the person looking at it seems to indicate he can’t find a fault with it. Trawling the internet for an appropriate cable is harder than i thought. 

The USB connection is pretty basic and only 4 wires. Sounds like the connection on the back isn't mating properly. (Recessed pin perhaps or faulty cable ?)

Did the person say 'how' they checked the USB was working ?

Pins all look good to me. No he hasn’t stated how he tested it, just said he couldn’t find fault with it. I’m not so convinced as all other parts of radio function correctly and the original cable  to the USB and power socket work fine with the original factory fitted radio. That’s why I’d like to source another cable so that i can definitively know if it’s a unit or cable issue. Knowing what the cable specific name is would help greatly. 

Does your phone charge from the USB cable ?

If so have you got another device to try with it ? Android phone or Tablet....even just a USB stick. 

Have you checked the USB, with a USB stick with a few mp3s

as I said previously it's more than likely a faulty unit, if usb works with the original radio the cable is fine

physically trace the USB cable from the radio to the socket and make sure it goes directly

the ports are protected by diodes on the power and common mode chokes on the data on the pcb

Yes I’ve tried several devices with the original radio and usb socket. All works as advertised. I still suspect a problem with the port on the other radio. I guess trying another cable would confirm that. It’s just getting a cable to try with it that is the issue. 

The cable is the same part if the port is working on one but not the other clearly the cable/port is not at fault, have you tried other USB devices with the triple play

Have you followed the cable to make sure something is not inline what you can't see that's hidden behind the heater controls do you have a pic of Your dash with the stereo removed ?

Nothing connected to the cable, I followed it to the usb connection. I tried other devices with the triple play and nothing worked. Only way I think I can definitely say that the triple play port is broken is to try it with another cable. Problem is where do I get such a cable?

This is behind the radio. 

063F1B3F-087D-4C05-8392-5274A7E3471D.jpeg

D94367F5-9A7E-4824-B7BE-AE18794D4E33.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links