Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

It's very different hardware the software is secure and is check summed against the hardware if it was that simple, it would have been done plenty of times by now

what you see above is a universal add-on box (hardware) that is wired internally (Note. The aftermarket knob she uses)

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer flash22.
I will ask to the company if it's a add-on-box.
But I think you're right, because the functions are in AV1.
I keep you informed about it 🙃

If someone have a SW update for 3-button unit, I'm interested.
I will try to compare with SW for 2-button unit.

On 10/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, Kiz4r said:

If someone have a SW update for 3-button unit, I'm interested.
I will try to compare with SW for 2-button unit.

They are not comparable, one is a KWI file the other is an AVH both are heavily encrypted and Hashed, unless you have the correct software there is no way to extract them - been down this road many a time as i said before the files are checksummed

there are very few clues to the multiple file formats inside - Main system is IFS, Architecture is QNX using *.LUA config files, i have even gone to the lengths of running the QNX IDE and other blackberry software on a VM and its own intel based system, there is a major change in hardware between the 2 button and 3 button as well as significant changes to the software, It's a bit like trying to play a PS5 game on a PS3

To quote myself from another thread

QNX ingests updates and verifies the checksum, it then opens up in ram/flash and installs its self to the various partitions and storage devices, it gets extremely complex, and it's very secure with no backdoors even at hardware level the fuses on the JTAG are blown, USB and UART are secure, no way to access via can bus, only few ports are open via Ethernet over USB but are not live until you send the correct data, you can ping the port, but it just closes the connection

Good evening everyone,
last year, thanks to the members of this forum, I added a rear-view camera to my 2021 Peugeot 108. Unfortunately today, after replacing the Battery, the screen no longer switches to rear-view camera view. I already checked that the rear camera was correctly powered  when I shift  into reverse.
Can anyone help me on what might have happened?
Thank you all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all,

on my Aygo with car stereo "18PPDAEU-EA01" I've a call issue with Android Auto, the device use the phone speaker instead car speaker.

My built in firmware is:

Audio: 8.12

OS 1:   8.15

OS 2:   8:17

Can I update this software by myself and try to solve the problem?

How?

Thank you.

20231109_183648.jpg

Hi Flash,

my device has the latest firmware?

The issue is the following, on Android Auto, when i playing music (Spotify or other) and receive a call, the audio exit on phone speaker instead car speaker.

If, during call, I switch the output on device (latest option) and back to bluetooth (first option) the audio call working correctly.

During drive switching audio output it's not easy.

The issue is with a Samsung S21 or S23 and since from one year, maybe before some Android phone update.

Googling for a solution I've found some other people with my same phones and problem.

Any clue?

Thank you.

hi everyone

I own a 2017 Aygo that I bought as preowned (former private rental car) in 2020

It missed the touchscreen radio so I got myself one online and it works just fine

Imodel ID is 13TPDAEU-EA01

model type is 86140-0H010

audio aoftware n. 0705

OS  0621

it does NOT have navigation system or rear cam

I searched online for any available software/firmware update but all I got was some kind owner directing me to the toyota-tech EU site where they ask for a 4 euros/hr prepayment to access the website and check IF there is any new file to download

can anybody suggest me alternative options or get me the needed files (if they exist) ?

• Like 1

Hello 

can i still replace my current unit 86140-0H020 with the 86140-YV020 with Apple CarPlay even though i dont have sat nav installed in my car because i have seen a video of a guy who plugged a usb cable from the sat nav thing into the new headunit 🤔

Yes it's a plug and play swap, the video you see was someone with x-nav (X-touch with the navigation module)

86140-YV010 - triple play without DAB

86140-YV020 - triple play with DAB

If you don't have DAB at the moment, you will need a DAB aerial

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else experiencing issues with CarPlay and iPhone 15 models? I have a 15 Pro Max and sometimes the control buttons on the steering wheel stop functioning and the sound settings (equalizer) go back to default. I can restart my phone and it works perfectly fine for another few days / weeks. 

I also had my screen go full green or full black on startup, but that seems to happen somewhat rarely. Maybe I should try another cable? Apple sadly doesn't produce a USB A to USB C cable.

I tried to upgrade to the Apple Car Play unit in a 2018 Peugeot 108, and was having having a USB issue.

I read a few threads beforehand to make sure it would be doable, followed this video, and it turns out it didn't work.

The video mentions the navi box, that has two input (top, bottom) and one output. I will refer to this below.

Here are the observations:

- Old radio: USB (from above the cup holders) works just fine, charges and transmits data when needed (I don't think the radio player works just through bluetooth, right?)

- Upgraded radio, with the navi box output connected to the new unit: only Mirrorlink option is available, not Android Auto or Apple Car Play. My phone charges and the radio warns of an incompatible phone. This was expected.

- Upgraded radio, with the navi box output NOT connected and the top input connected straight to the new unit (as recommended in the video): I can see the Android Auto / Apple Car Play options where they weren't before, so this is good. However, USB is unresponsive and does not even charge the phone, as if it was disconnected.

So it all hinges on the navi box. This post on page 17 seems to have the same issue, but it was never resolved.

Any help understanding how this navi box is the problem would be appreciated.

(note that I do not have the unit at the moment, I did those attempts while buying one and ended up not purchasing it because it didn't work, obviously)

The x-nav does not work with the triple play units

unplug the USB cable (B) from the splitter and plug it into the triple play

1403727812_x-navusb.thumb.jpg.ccd3975e9e08d07ab0364de24bd4d51d.jpg

this info has been posted lots of times and is stated in that video, faulty units turn up on eBay and FB some of these are dealer swapped units (as in faulty) and not fully tested

57 minutes ago, flash22 said:

this info has been posted lots of times and is stated in that video

I know. I said it in my post.

I had no idea about the faulty units though. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here, as the one I tried was from eBay (from a guy who has listings for two units). I sure am glad I asked to go there and and install it before I buy it.

From previous experience, either the 5v supply dies or it kills the common mode chokes on the data lines - if it's badly damaged it can kill the USB on the processor/MCU

• 1 month later...

Update after looking further found this a bit earlier in this topic which is giving better/more info on this issue:

-----------------

Hello,

My girlfriend recently bought a Peugeot 108-MY2020 (sorry, it's not an Aygo). It has the 86140-YV020 navigation system installed. We now want to use the Apple CarPlay capability, but I can't get it to work.

After looking around on this and other forums, I can't find a clear answer. Some say that you have to disconnect the Navi module to do so, but before I dismantle the whole unit, I wanted to be sure.

Is it true that disconnecting is enough, or should I buy a different unit? Is there a brief manual on how to dismantle the unit and what to disconnect?

Looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance!

IMG_9228.jpeg

you only need to remove the sat nav IF you are retrofitting a triple play unit the x-nav was discontinued in early 2019

does the phone charge from the USB port ?, Carplay is not wireless you need the phone plugged in, a good quality cable is a must from the likes of Anker or Belkin

Have you setup CarPlay on the phone and on the triple play?

Here is the full triple play manual

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/2f9eecda-0ac2-4542-aa77-b5fc8c7cc4cb/Aygo_Pioneer Multimedia System_en.pdf

your firmware is a current version

Hello, I use android auto and as soon as I receive a call I do not hear anything , but the caller does hear me , The software I have is :8.14-8.34-8.59

IMG_20240122_090306792.jpg

that is a current firmware there are issues with some of the latest Samsung phones make sure your phone is up to date, does bluetooth work when not using android auto?

It must be a headunit issue, I have the same issue with Xiaomi, OnePlus, LG, Samsung and Huawei phones, and 4 different cables, no matter radio FW or Android version (everything from Android 9 to 13 doesn't work, I haven't checked 14 yet) - even latest headunit update by flash doesn't help :c But at least Spotify and Maps work flawlessly 😄

Will the car play a USB stick with mp3s on it

as discussed in another thread, it may be worth buying/making a lead to split the data and power as the usb is capped at 500ma - data only goes to the radio, power only from a 12v AUX adapter - USB A, 2 males to 1 female

I have seen 2 triple play units (in person) with failed USB power and many more reported on forums and many turning up on eBay and marketplace(s)

I do not have a unit to test on

Hello everyone! I have searched everywhere either by aygo, 108 or c1 but havent found an answer.

How about a radio unit without being touchscreen upgrading to 86140-YV010/86140-YV020. Is it possible? Do I need to buy an adapter? I compared the back of the radio with the back of the touchscreen diagrams and they seem to be different

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276241890567?hash=item40514cbd07:g:agsAAOSwalFlbN2a there you can check the back of the radio

Thank you!

It's plug-and-play, only base models without bluetooth will require the factory Mic

please read the first page of this thread

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links