Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photo Shoot

Hou

Was talking to fizz on msn and had an idea of a toc northern photo shoot!

Would be good for those without many pics of their pride and joy to get together and get some taken!

Both me and fizz are up for this so far,so whats ppl think another mini meet with the intention of getting lots of different pics of each car,including some motion pics(my fave)??

Meet up, take pics, pub grub?maybe august some time???

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hou

• gus

• Calisto

• Fizz

Top Posters In This Topic

I am up for this I would love some motion piccys but I spose I will have to slow down abit,

btw There is an official photographer at JAE I have emiled him to take proffesional piccys of my girl. :thumbsup:

well its just an idea for now but ill put ya down for it and see what other interest we get!

nice one.

good idea.

id be up for that. more so now, as my windows arwe tinted so makes me feel

like you cant see me when taking photos. :D

my old mans a keen photographer and got some top quality camera equipment aswell.

if he dares let me borrow it and the tri-pod etc we could get some cracking shots

other than that ill have to bring him along and let him work the magic

My cam's only 5 megapixels, but I'm a reasonably handy snapper. Sort a date out and a location and I'll see what I can do...

id go for the sunday option as its the easiest day for 90% of ppl

- For the best light do the pictures outside in early September.

- Early morning or late afternoon is the best time of day when the sun is low in the sky and the colour from it is more intense.

- 5 mega pixels is more than enough for this sort of pictures. 2 or 3 mega pixels would be fine also.

- Shoot on TV mode on the camera. Set a slow shutter speed of around 1/15 - 1/50 depending on the light and pan the camera to follow the car. The background and wheels will blur to give the impression of high speed.

- Maybe use fill in flash with the slow shutter speeds to freeze the car and hold the shutter open to blur everything else.

- You do not need a tripod for these type of shots really unless you are using huge heavy sport lenses.

HAPPY SHOOTING :thumbsup:

either or, just aslong as i have fore warning. :)

but like jaxx said, i think the sun would be a better option, as most ppl

would probs be available.

bring it on people.. show and shine!...

bet it rains!!! LMAO :lol:

cheers for the pointers gordy think they will really help! :thumbsup:

Will make sure i get practice for the motion pics then

thanks for the advice gordy!

you the man!

perhaps we could tempt you with Krispy donuts to bring your camera up one time :lol:

you the man!

perhaps we could tempt you with Krispy donuts to bring your camera up one time :lol:

if you look in the other thread about the northern meet.. he has already declared that he wants to defect to the north.. as we seem to have more fun!.. :lol::thumbsup:

Good Lad... :yes:

you the man!

that would be great would be able to watch a pro at work and maybe even learn something!

Guys - It ain't about being a pro or not.........

The shots you all get are great :thumbsup: Sure sometimes some of the technique and timing need a bit of work but you don't do it everyday so that is not a problem at all.

If I can get away - I will be pleased to drop in on a meet sometime and lend a camera or two to the occassion :thumbsup:

And some of the shots I see from you guys I would like to have taken myself :thumbsup:

and yes A huge selection of krispy kremes will do very nicely :drool:

You sound a crazy bunch up north - the pics would be very telling.......

ONE THING though - stop shooting all the cars all the time and look for the ambience overall.............expressions, colours, details, highlights..........as well as the whole car. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links