Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RSA(Road Sign Assist) Issue

Amir-Naji

44 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I was only talking about the newer cars - I didn't even know the Mk3 had the roadsign recognition!! :laugh: 

That's a bit sad as it seems like it hasn't had much development in the mean time...

It would appear I owe you an apology @Cyker (and Toyota) the system has seen development mk3 to mk4….

Mk3 system….

53C2B1D0-78FE-4E62-ABDF-89E908D0D38D.png

• Like 1

Mk4 system …..

note addition of “navigation system…” in functionality.

Presumably this is also how the system in a Corolla is since it’s more modern than the Mk3 ?

6A81BF6E-9D81-4935-97EE-68E312ACA43F.png

To be fair, the none of the original UK specs of the Mk4 Yaris have navigation, not even as an option, so you're technically correct :laugh: 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, Roy124 said:

Imagine  "hold the steering wheel or I will stop steering"

I was talking to a friend who has a new Kia.  He said if he drives one handed for a while the lady to who gives directions on the satnav tells him to "put both hands on the steering wheel". 

That would absolutely annoy the tits off me... this is why I don't want capacitive sensors on the steering wheel; I don't know why EV people boast about it as a feature so much. I hope that warning could be turned off or I'd be constantly swearing at the car telling it to STFU!!!

Coincidentally relevant - my Mk4 flashed up the Hold The Steering Wheel warning light briefly today, which was weird because normally it only does that while using LTA+radar cruise, but I wasn't using that, just driving normally with both hands on the wheel! Weird!

"Would you like to take a break?"

I keep meaning to find out if/how that can be turned off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first Satnav was a Navigon and I had a speed camera warning.  It would announce on good English with a stern female voice and German accent 

*Slow down, you are exceeding the speed limit "

Of course the answer was obvious 😂

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, Wooster said:

I was talking to a friend who has a new Kia.  He said if he drives one handed for a while the lady to who gives directions on the satnav tells him to "put both hands on the steering wheel". 

Probably to do with Lane Keep Assist - our Hyundai has something similar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links