Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse cam for TAS500 in Hybrid from 2014

Ocap112

Hello 

The android module from Durix , should it work with thé touch 2 from Toyota too ?

No, as the touch2 isn't car play/Android auto compatible - where the TAS500 is

for the price the TAS500, there are better aftermarket options from the likes of pioneer

On 9/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, luca.marchini6 said:

Cool! I will have a look into it. I have instead ordered AAwireless which should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Can you give us a feedback once you get it?

i am a backer too. But shipping date is far

• 4 weeks later...

Received AAwireless this week and it works great with the TAS500. Very quick connection and so far it always worked smoothly. Definitely recommended!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any aftermarket options that include the hybrids energy transfer information? 

31 minutes ago, Yaris_1423 said:

Are there any aftermarket options that include the hybrids energy transfer information? 

No, it's built into the touch2 system

If you fit the later dash with LCD you get the eco display, but it's not plug and play

• 8 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ocap112 said:

I have installed a Tas500 in my 2014 Yaris hybrid NHP130.

From what i managed to find on the internet:
-I will not be able to see hybrid specific features such as battery charging etc (I knew this before placing the order and I'm ok with this).
-Automatic light settings works fine.
-I can not se climate control info (i was expecting to be able to do this, but in the end i don't really car, I usually observe the knobs anyway)
-Buttons on steering wheel that works, Volume up and down, next, previous, mode.
-Buttons on steering wheel that does not work, phone hang up and answer (don't really care, can answer on display, but if there is a solution to this, please tell)
-Reverse cam is not working. I was assuming it would. Please help me solve this.

I tried switching back to the old media unit and reverse cam works just fine. Installed software is EU_19.6.0, I drive a NHP130 Hybrid, but the unit originates from a Petrol only Yaris if that helps. 

I guess the problem is one of the following:
-I need to update the software in the tas500 since it could differ between different car models (hybrid/non-hybrid).
-The tas500 is not compatible with any other models than it was delivered with (i doubt this since its available for current 
NHP130).
-The wiring is different and i need to modify the connectors. 

-The tas500 expect another video-signal than the one delivered from my 2014.

Any ideas of what i should try would be very helpful. 

Hi, 
i tried to sum this topic up and as I understand (form the perspective of the owner of the pure petrol - not hybrid):
There is no solution for:
-I can not se climate control info (i was expecting to be able to do this, but in the end i don't really car, I usually observe the knobs anyway)

-Buttons on steering wheel that works, Volume up and down, next, previous, mode.
-Buttons on steering wheel that does not work, phone hang up and answer (don't really care, can answer on display, but if there is a solution to this, please tell)
There is solution for:

-Reverse cam is not working. 
and the solution is the adapter (
PW652-0D001) + additional wire (and pin) for the reverse signal. Any other changes needed? 

Now I've got the touch2 with silver buttons, so I assume that the mounting will be plug&play (except the frame which should be different). Am I right? 

Thanks,
Rob

PW652-0D001 is not needed, you just need to add the reverse signal what is 1 pin

touch 2 silver button is plug and play, the face of the touch 2 (silver button) is 1 piece

if you have the instrument panel with the colour lcd, there should be an option to display the touch2 information

Hi @flash22 - thanks for the answer. I've got the colour lcd so I guess the climate control info should work. 
What about the "phone" buttons? 

i may have misread it, you are going from a touch2 to a TAS500 ?

Yes the TAS500 needs the earlier surround, You will lose functions when fitting the TAS500 as it does not use the can bus connection, for the cost and hassle you can get a half decent aftermarket AA/AC radio

Yep touch2->tas500.
I feel you recommend the non OEM radio. So I will search the market 🙂
Thanks for the help!

Have a look at the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB

@flash22 thanks! Is it plug&play if I will buy this different frame for TAS500? (Do you have its number?)
I see that SPH-DA250DAB & SPH-DA160DAB should also be ok and it looks much "clearer".

Are there any problems with such devices like connection to the buttons on the steering wheel/reverse cam or any other issues mentioned regarding TAS500?

Thanks,
Rob

Aftermarket you will need aerial adapters, steering wheel controls adapter and a camera retention adapter

im sure i posted the surround part number on a previous page

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/4ad1988e-d731-4be4-89d5-fbcab20c370a/Yaris_TAS500_PW600_0D001_AIM_004_322_3.pdf

Surround - 55405-0D620

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.. Still no luck with my tas 500 and reverse cam.. very confusing to read the final sollution of this thread.. as sollution seems to be on page 3..

Can anyone help with final conclusion and what should be done so for the reverse cam to be working properly?

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, knikol_gr said:

Hi guys.. Still no luck with my tas 500 and reverse cam.. very confusing to read the final sollution of this thread.. as sollution seems to be on page 3..

Can anyone help with final conclusion and what should be done so for the reverse cam to be working properly?

Thanks in advance!

What did you try so far?

I copy here below the info I got one year ago from another user of this forum:

"Installation is pretty straight forward.

overall you have to follow up these instructions:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/4ad1988e-d731-4be4-89d5-fbcab20c370a/Yaris_TAS500_PW600_0D001_AIM_004_322_3.pdf

The missing part is the reverse camera wiring.

You can open the door above the OBD port and find a bunch of connectors:

image.thumb.png.40b01be7be9849305e6288ff1e5b3e7c.png 

You need to unplug the missing connector from that picture:

image.thumb.png.203f29195e5d4fe4ca39a2bb929505e6.png

In this connector there will be one red cable, this is the reverse signal:

image.thumb.png.d9f56ef68f40dfb17ffabea346621f70.png

you must use a speed lock connector, or solder a wire to it.

Then move it up to the radio area.

There you have to connect it to the 28 pin connector. 

Easiest way is to use the adaptor reference : PW652-0D001

wire the second position of the connector:

image.thumb.png.0753305fd5f37cf128534741d65acfb2.png

image.thumb.png.e3fe18a3e4a11fe1b94636d2c6c1746b.png

"

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Luca

That is the Instrument panel junction box, the front connectors are 3C and 3D - the top one being 3D

Click to enlarge

1038865880_xp130con3D.thumb.jpg.4509770be3d8761aabbe3992a1fc70fa.jpg

3D - Pin 29 - late 2014 onwards (earlier cars use pin 28)

it didn't even cross my mind to look at the IP J/B when you first did yours

• Like 1

Excellent! Thanks guys! now it is very clear! thanks all of you and especially luca, flash and durix who also dm me!

2 hours ago, knikol_gr said:

Excellent! Thanks guys! now it is very clear! thanks all of you and especially luca, flash and durix who also dm me!

Welcome. 
glad my small tutorial has finally made it to public forum 🙂

• Thanks 2

• 10 months later...

Hello! Do you found the solution ? Because I have the same problem with camera. 

what is your question as there are answers to all different questions in this thread

What is your issue, what radio do you have ?

First I have touch2 and now I have Tas500, but the camera not working now 🙁

IMG_4186.jpeg

See luca.marchini6 post and mine above - simply you need to wire in a reverse wire, so it works, the Touch2 gets its reverse signal from can bus, the tas500 does not

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links