Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My new toy is here!

Andy P

51 minutes ago, AKLZ said:

Regarding ECO mode; I took it out of ECO mode for the first time since buying it (once selected it stayed in ECO mode even after over night being off - someone above mentioned theirs 'reset' to normal mode when engine cycled off/on) , and boy - what a difference! It's like driving a different car!!

Just a lot more relaxed driving, Eco mode is kind of stress type driving and cause fatigue feeling in your foot especially on motorways journeys, now you need to get use been gentle on the throttle and you will have same efficiency as in Eco mode, but much more enjoyable ride. 👍🚗

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKLZ said:

Regarding ECO mode; I took it out of ECO mode for the first time since buying it (once selected it stayed in ECO mode even after over night being off - someone above mentioned theirs 'reset' to normal mode when engine cycled off/on) , and boy - what a difference! It's like driving a different car!!

Yes, I bought my 2 ltr to enjoy driving. I also find Eco mode painful on the open road. Maybe it is my driving style, but economy is definitely very poor for me when trying to drive in Eco mode on the open road, and it feels like you are driving a 1ltr.  I did enough of that when I first started driving in the 70's!   Yes, mine always resets to Normal mode on restart, maybe there is a preference setting where you can change this, but I am happy with that.

Current very cold weather allowing, I would be interested to see if your experience re mpg in normal mode vs Eco matches mine. Another owner found the same result as me, but I guess driving style and road conditions play a part. I agree with Tony's comment, driving smoothly in Normal mode should give you more enjoyment, and I am pretty sure you will find better mpg as well.

• Thanks 1

Live is too short for ECO mode. I mean I'm a steady, relaxed driver but ECO mode is just too painful. I suspect the reason some people found it worse for mpg is that they compensate by mashing the accelerator.

I never had the patience for more than a couple of miles in ECO so don't know (and don't much care, lol) what effect it has on fuel consumption.

It's like trying to follow the blue acceleration line - not worth the pain 🙂

• Thanks 2

Agree AndrueC!

ECO mode makes the car feel a bit like a barge; very soft and floaty - great for a limousine.

Putting it into ‘normal’ mode has been a revelation, which sounds so daft! 

Im a pretty sedate driver so I haven’t even done an aggressive overtake yet in this car, but I look forwards to trying it (safely!) in sports mode once the icy roads have gone. The 2.0L engine is the largest I’ve ever had.

Interesting side note; I was in an upstairs meeting room at work today which gives a nice unusual ‘birds eye’ view of the car; it looks great from up above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eco mode is good for first time hybrid drivers to get use to the system and learn to drive relaxed, once ready just switch to normal. There have been examples of Lexus owners who crashed their cars because accidentally switched to sport mode from Eco , did not paid attention and mashed the accelerator while manoeuvre to park on even terrain, the car simply jumped into a wall., what a shame 🙄. Remember when changing the modes while driving at higher speeds the car needs 2-3 seconds to switch between, it’s not immediate change , perhaps to prevent hard unexpected acceleration. 👍

• Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links