Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

Is there a step by step guide for applying the update yourself?

Not that I've seen as the update was intended to be dealer install due to the risk of bricking the head unit (see Jozsi's post of 1st June).

When the upgrade was released late 2020, the cost to the customer was £120 as a standalone update or £50 if done with a service - may be more now.

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Keanebg1 said:

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

Hi, may i ask how you did this? you just plugged your USB into the computer and then what? you downloaded the software from those links? i cant seem to get it to download. I just get some weird text.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got this working now or is it outdated?  I cant download the files.

16 hours ago, Micke14 said:

I gone mine sorted a couple of months back, although it was all done by the dealer as I didn't want to risk breaking anything.

20 hours ago, Micke14 said:

See my post of 1st July.

Sorry, i could not find it. i found something you mentioned about service and that the UK cars is not the same as EU ?

• 3 months later...

I took my car in to the dealer about a year ago and had the Apple CarPlay retrofit done as part of a service. I noticed that the DA and FA numbers jumped so I was on 17TDT2EU-DA31 and 17TMT2EU-FA10. I've seen mention of version 17TDT2EU-DA56 from another post in this forum, so I wondered what the DA and FA numbers refer to? Can my car be upgraded from DA31 to DA56, and whatever the latest version of FA is?

I live in the UK, and have a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid.

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, BigPoppaSLO said:

17TDT1EU-DA30

On 8/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, BigPoppaSLO said:

I waited so long for this that i don`t care if i would brick something. I am totally aware that i did this on my own risk.

I succesfuly updated my 17TD1EU-DA02 to 17TDT1EU-DA30 and the options for apple carplay and android auto showed up. Both are working. 

In the end i applied the update from toyota-tech.eu over it and now i have 1075 software version.

I have a unit without navigation module and used only usb3 for installation.

92fc5c6c-67ff-4b9e-8375-70bb0cf6be33-jpe

There are a few of us in Slovenija now that did the update and everything works as it should.

Hello, can you give me a link from where do you download the 17TDT1EU-DA30 ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links